Friday, January 31, 2014

What does the scale number mean to you?

Hey guys,

Just popping in for a quick hello!

Ok .. vent:

Isn't it crazy how the scale plays such a huge role in how we view ourselves?

A day a go I felt like 2-ton Sal and this morning I was down 4-lbs (because it was obviously water weight yesterday) and then I'm all like "ya..I'm feeling pretty light today. I look pretty decent today. Wow. I can really feel that run. Did I lose weight?" and yesterday morning, I couldn't get far enough to the opposite. I was all like "ya .. I knew I gained weight. Sh!t! Am I getting an extra chin? I probably shouldn't wear those jeans today cause they're probably too tight anyway." LIKE, C'MON! Excuse the language but isn't that Fuc*ed!!!???

Why did I take that scale out again?

Why does it matter? I've been running some lately so who cares. I've been eating clean and healthy for 11 days now (minus 1 - Tuesday) .. so why in the hell does the number matter?

The craziest thing is, if I was the reader behind this rant, and you were the blogger, I'd think you were being/sounding absolutely ridiculous! I'd say "it's only a number. The scale means nothing.." and yet here I sit, typing away and ranting about a topic you probably care so little for that you've already X'd out of my blog (probably not though cause I know you love me forever and always).

Anyways...

Breakfast

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately where the ladies are loving smoothies! I haven't made a smoothie since atleast October. I absolutely love smoothies but I didn't have my magic bullet with me when I left so I kinda just forgot about them. My aunt Kim gave me an Oasis blender for my housewarming and I used it this morning for the first time.

Oh.my.gawd.

1. awesome blender
2. holds so much (oink oink)
3. I made the best smoothie this morning and I didn't do anything fancy!
 
Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie


The Mix
1.5 bananas
3-cups of frozen berries (I used Kirkland)
2 scoops of Combat Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder
2-cups of unsweetened almond milk
1T of organic peanut butter
1/2C of water
 
Holy hell! I used 2 massive mason jars and took one for myself at breakfast and put one in the fridge so David could have a grab n' go breakfast.
  •  this smoothie is super filling and I'm definitely gonna have another tomorrow
  • i got a text saying "smoothie was grand. Nice kick start to my day". Bam! <-- lady friend points right there!
  • i wouldn't have even made a smoothie but I ran out of egg whites
  • so glad I ran out of whites
  • it was berry delicious (haha) <--not really though. Well yes really it was delicious. But not really that that was funny
  • i'm gonna cut back on the volume of some ingredients and add more water. The smoothie was sooooo satisfyingly sweet, but I'd like to save some fruit calories for throughout the day
  • ....which I didn't do today



4 hours later I had my 'second breakfast'.
  • 1/2 an orange
  • 1/2 apple
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 serving of a black bean brownie
  • this was all delicious
  • it sucks having to eat a little after 4-am. I'm so hungry when I wake up but I consume so so many calories since my day is super long
  • i'm going to admit that I actually had the smoothie gone before I left the house. Oops. I was super hungry because last night I:




  • ran 4-miles
  • walked 1-mile
  • worked up a crazy sweat
  • ran so fast I thought I might die for real
  • felt amazing
  • and went home and did not eat a proper post-gym meal
  • i ate:



  • 1/3C of the Sunny Cranberry trailmix
  • the Clif was left for today
  • i wish I hated clif bars
  • i love clif bars
  • clif bars are on sale this week... $1.25


  • i'm typing like this cause I'm in a mad rush and I've only had time to pick at it during break times

Moving on in the food department..

Lunch



  • what do ya know? Victoria had more fruit
  • it's just been one of those days
  • ezekiel wrap + 1T of unsweetened granola + 1tsp of organic pb + 1/2 a banana


Other facts of my day
 
  •  i had the worst drive everrr this morning
  • i've drank 4 XL Tim Horton's coffees today
  • i fell asleep at the wheel this morning and got the fright of my life
  • i went to bed at 10:15-pm (almost 6-hours sleep which in my eyes, was like GO ME)
  • i don't think I'll be making it to the gym tonight
  • i think my iron is super duper low again
  • if i skip the gym tonight, that means I'll only have gone twice since Sunday (but I'm listening to my body right?)
  • i'm crawling into bed as soon as I get home
  • i know, I'm super self-absorbed at the moment. Sorry.
  • as tired as I was today, I had the most productive day EVER! Probably the best day I've had (work-related) since I switched departments before Christmas
  • i told Allan I'd write an email today and didn't (I can't wait to have 7 days with him - I start to miss my AV time when we go long spells without one on one time. Like recently.....)
  • ^ not ok
  • i'm on an opposite shift from all of the structural team so I get 3 more days of complete silence. Heart!
  • i booked a trip to Punta Cana yesterday with co-travelers Allan, David, E (others pending)
  • i started using twitter (blog-related, obv) and I'm really not a fan
  • i wish I was an instagram lover
  • i haven't read my book in a week
  • i have the best boyfriend (whoa! big move typing that) everrrrr!! (story to come) <--I guess this post just got sappy didn't it? I know, I know .. but he just deserves so much recognition
 

I'm typing this on my iPhone and my eyes are starting to go trippy so I'm out! (lost misplaced my glasses).

Ps. I love how I said "I'm out". I'm pretty much a true-G!

For real though .. Bye! :)

Questions
1. Are you a lover of smoothies?
2. How many hours of sleep do you need a night?
3. Planning any adventures for 2014?

1 comment:

  1. I wish you loved IG too!!! Do you at least have an account I can follow?:)

    I do the same thing to myself with the scale.. its ridiculous but it seems to give us some kind of gauge as to how fit we are even though the difference in 2 lbs is really no difference at all lol BUT we are girls so we torture ourselves. Just remember sustainable weightloss occurs over a number of weeks. When I was losing and keeping it off it was at a rate of 1 lb per month. That's slow but if you've only got a few lbs to lose it takes time, commitment and patience. I know, I know that sucks lol

    Keep on truckin girl I know you'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete