Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Great Weekly Attitude + Healthy Choice Prep + MFP Summary


I've been really unimpressed with my eating habits lately. I've been finding that I just can't get back on track mentally. One minute I'm healthy miss dolly and the next, I'm chowing down on chocolates and trying to justify it with exercise! Ridiculous, right?

Like, do you ever do this? Am I crazy? 

Anyways, I registered for my personal training certification recently (exam is fast approaching) and on Monday, I had that moment where I realized that I can't preach a healthy lifestyle if I'm cheating more than I'm not (this is definitely not always the case .. just felt that way this last week).

I mean, I'm not trying to sound dramatic, cause I do workout regularly and I do eat pretty clean, but when I go overboard, I go OVERBOARD! Like over the side of the yacht overboard. Not 1 chocolate. 10 chocolates. Not 1/4-cup of trail mix, a BAG of trail mix. (this happened). It's not cool. It's not cool at all. And at the end of the day, I have a pain/knot in my stomach that leaves me feeling like I'm gonna vomit. Literally.

I've always been a lover of sweets. I mean, I don't have a sweet tooth .. I have sweet TEETH! Every last one of them. And since January started, I'm moving lots but eating way more! 

I feel like if I don't write it down, I won't get back on track. I wanna feel as good as I felt before Christmas. When I was eating salads and loving them. Drinking 6-L of water a day. Eating my proteins and carbs and fats. I just really felt like I had my ducks in a row and my photoshoot pictures showed me that (they'll be up soon ;) ).

Anyways, today is Day 2. I'm gonna try to use myfitnesspal every day this week (I started and stopped last week). And I'm going to try to get back in the zone with a healthy lifestyle. My healthy lifestyle. Do I think MFP is something I'll stick with? Not forever. I don't think you need to track your calories constantly seeing how all calories are different. There are good and bad. This helps some, but not all. I do however, want to follow it to find trends and track my sugar intake.
 
Here's a recap of Sunday with what I did and how I ate.

Day 1 

Breakfast


Breakfast was a banana, 3 slices of pineapple and 1 creamy no-bake chocolate chip ball which I got from Tina over at CNC.

After breakfast, I headed straight to the gym to make the 10:30-am Bodypump class.


Pump was great and it really kicked my ass! I was too cocky with the weights I used and was left with noodle arms when it was all said and done.

I also did a mile run before pump and a mile run after pump so I could make sure I got some cardio in.

Before I left the gym, I made sure I signed Emily and myself up for the Bodyflow new release class that takes place  tonight at 7:30-pm.


I then headed to Walmart where I had bought some foods for a Kids breakfast program and a Clif bar for David & I (I was bringing him a coffee and a snack at work. When I walked in Walmart my stomach went mad with grumbles).



Ps. Have you ever donated to a school breakfast program? Me neither. But I wanna start. I wrote it down as something to keep in mind throughout the year. Hungry children is a pretty sad ordeal. It's pretty crazy when you don't even realize that some of these kids are locals. Makes you step back and appreciate everything we take for granted.


Lunch



After coffee delivery, I met Val for lunch at Boston Pizza. I ordered the lunch size Mediterranean salad with a chicken breast. I got a raspberry vinaigrette on the side (fork dip style) and also had a triangle of Val's quesadilla.

After lunch I headed home (3-pm late lunch) to prep for this week. I reeeeeally wanna make it a good one. I cooked / prepped enough to constantly have something on hand when I hear that loud annoying stomach mumble. I wanna grab something healthy rather than something bad and then later say "I had no choice. I was sooooo hungry." Ugh. Shut-up, Victoria! Hate when that happens. When I let that happen.

On the menu?

Well, I made some Louisiana Hot & Spicy pumpkin seeds/sliced almonds





2215-calories for the batch

1.5C of pumpkin seeds
1C of sliced almonds
2T of extra virgin olive oil
2T of Louisiana Hot n' Spicy

This is why I hate calorie counting. I had 1/4C and it was 221.5-calories. It also had:
  • 18.9g of fat (good fat)
  • 4g of carbohydrates 
  • 4mg of sodium
  • 12.5g of protein <-- like whoa!
  • 1.1g of sugar

CaloriesCarbsFatProteinSodiumSugar
Joe's Tasty Travels - Pepitas A.k.a. Pumpkin Seeds (Net Carbs), 1 1/2 cup (50g)1,7401213810806
Stock and Barrel - Sliced Natural Almonds, 0.9990000000000001 cup (50 g)34518411563
Olive Oil Bertolli - Extra Virgin Olive Oil Originale 10ml, 10 ml (2 tsp)8009000
Epicure Selections - Louisiana Hot & Spicy Dip Mix, 30 mL501012502
Add Food
2,215401891255611

While the pumpkin seeds were cooking,  I made some edumame bean salad.


And some taco-tasting sweet potato casserole.


1302-calories for the casserole
I divided the casserole into 6 portions (as it was super thin) and this works out to be 217-calories per serving. Not bad, hey?



Early Snack / Supper






For supper, I obviously had some of the casserole. It was super tastey and not too heavy. I had an apple with peanut butter at 5 so I didn't want to eat a huge meal at 6:30.

Around 9, I was hungry again (serious) so I ate a pear while I finished up my nightly prep.


Bartlett pears from Costco ate my favvvourite! :)

I also whipped up a batch of green juice for the mornings.


I used my classic recipe but the top right hand juice was a little different. I really wanted to experiment with carrots.

I also made a batch of soft no-bake raisin oat cookies which was a winged recipe.


Ps. I had 2 of these this morning at 9:30-am. Omg. I even for a text saying they were great, too! <-- nothin' like tootin' your own horn, hey?

Anyways, I think I'm in love with this recipe.

And of course, I made my morning coconut protein pancake (minus the coconut flour, add protein powder).


Perfect pancake, right? It smelled amazing and I even ended up waking up a little earlier this morning to make David a fresh one (cause I'm pretty awesome)!

So for Monday, January 20th?



Daily Total

 
Summary
  • lunch really killed me with the calories (ps. I didn't eat the entire salad)
  • the 123 calories with breakfast was the no-bake cookie
  • 2T peanut butter = 180 calories. Holy hannah! My apple w. PB is almost 300-calories alone. Crazy cakes!
  • wish I hadn't of eaten the Clif bar .. SO high in carbs and sugar. Jezz! It was one of the moments where I get so hungry I'm sick. The moment(s) I'm trying to avoid from here on out
  • LOOK.AT.MY.SUGAR
    • 17g in my pear?
    • 16g in my apple?
    • 24g in my pineapple?
    • oh.em.gee

So ya, I'm ready to tackle this week and I'm ready to challenge myself. I'm gonna eat well today, feel great and end my day with a 7:30-pm Bodyflow class that will be sure to relieve any juvenile stress that I have my panties in a knot over! :)

Happy Tuesday, guys and I hope it's a great day for you all!

O, one last thing .. I'm sporting all Lulu Lemon at work today (minus the Victoria's Secret sportsbra) to really keep me in that active state of mind! I'm pumped!

Anyways, back to work!
 
Questions
1. Do you calorie count?
2. How has your eating been since the new year came around?
3. What is your favourite class at the gym?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vic!
    those raisin cookies look delish!
    I'm a die hard calorie counter (love MFP), I stopped eating meat a little over a year ago, so I find it great for tracking my protein/calcium and ensuring that I'm getting the proper intake.
    I had to work and couldn't go to the new body flow release on Tuesday :( glad to hear it's a good one though! cant wait to try it!
    -Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison,

      The cookies are actually amazing! I feel like the recipe is worth posting. I brought two with me yesterday and had to eat both at the same time (no will power, right?). I'm not a big dairy person but I incorporated a little goat cheese to get a creamy texture .. it's better than it sounds haha

      MFP is deadly but I hate that I love nuts and seeds .. which are crazy high in calories (but I'm trying not to sweat that) :)

      Also, the new release class was great! More lunges and leg work. It was a good core workout, too! Perhaps you'll make it on Thursday :)

      Delete