Sunday, January 19, 2014

Third . January . Weekend / Trail Mix-1, Victoria-0

Happy happy Sunday, guys!

How was your weekend? Mine was good. Low-key, but good. I'm kinda enjoying the low-key vibe seeing how Christmas was go-go-go.

Here is a little recap cause I know you're on the edge of your seats with curiosity of what exciting, wild, crazy-cakes, things I got up to *insert eye roll* .. *insert smile*.

Friday

Friday started with a 10-am rise and a date with Starbucks for some emailing/blogging and delicious blonde roast coffee (with 1 ice cube of course .. cause I don't wanna burn these beautiful kissers).


And then it was date time with my fav person..Allan :) Remember, he was a past guest-post writer where he wrote on Health LifestyleSurviving Strep and The Paleo Diet.


A and I both went with a salmon avocado roll, spicy salmon roll and a spicy tuna roll (each).

Yup, 18 pieces and loved every minute of it .. (stop judging)


After sushi, I was fueled and ready for a workout so it was off to the gym for a nice little run. 4.35-miles to be exact.


And then off for a half of a coconut protein pancake for some restoration nutrients.

.
.with peanut butter, obviously!

After supper, it was clean-up time and then off to a movie with Shaneen and Val.

We saw Lone Survivor.

[image]

[image]

Some Movie Facts

  • loved this movie 
  • 7.9 stars on imdb
  • Mark Wahlberg = sexy 
  • Taylor Kitsch = the sexiest 
  • if you love war movies, you'll love this movie 
  • intense fighting scenes that will have you covering your eyes
  • lots of blood 
  • some tears
  • the movie will leave you wanting to marry a Marine. Just sayin'

After the movie, I headed home and stayed up reading some fitness blogs to get pumped for Saturday! I had un / Bodyflow in mind for the morning.

Saturday

I woke up with a plan of heading to the gym for Bodyflow round 3, but I had a headache so I slept in instead.

After another hour of sleep, I woke and grabbed a Clif bar and apple for a grab 'n go breakfast.



I headed to Starbucks and stayed there for over 5-hours reading, writing and organizing. After a few hours, I was getting a little hungry so I got some almonds and a banana.



(Ps. that's the less rippened banana I've ever had at Starbucks. Usually, they're black as tar).

Steven went to Starbucks for his own pick-me-up and ended up sitting with me for a few hours. We pretty much just caught up and discussed some pretty interesting topics.

After Starbucks, it was off to Costco for the classic turnaround Costco run.

And while walking around the store, I ate a couple handfuls of trail mix because I knew I wouldn't kick through a workout without it.




Then I headed to GoodLife and just did cardio. I ran a nice easy paced 5-miles in an hour.



And then headed to David's for supper.

They were having homemade chicken noodle soup and scones for desert. I knew I couldn't justify all of that after a good workout, so I made a vegetable spinach salad with balsamic and some carrots with hummus.




I opted for a salad (which was actually delicious .. maybe because my stomach was eating itself) because I wanted a cinnamon scone with my coffee.

...And it was worth every bite! And it was big. And delicious. And I don't regret eating it :)


After supper, it was coffee and living room lounging. David and I are planning on cooking an ethnic dish (something I said I'd do once a month this year), so we spent some time picking through / making a list for the 'Around the World' cook book.



And then it was fitness blog reading.

And then it was bed time!

Sunday

Sunday morning started with a new keurig. Donut Shop. This is like a medium roast with an intense kick. I absolutely love it!



 And a pear with some trail mix for breakfast.



For the rest of the day?

  • I'll continue to write and watch Intervention while watching the on again, off again snow
  • head to Dominion to buy ingredients for supper (we have a few things in mind)
  • prep for making 'No Cook Chocolate Chip Balls' (compliments of CNC) for desert
  • plan a nighttime workout that David and I are gonna do at my house (treadmill interval running + a George St. Piere video)
  • do some reading of my book
  • read some blogs 
  • cook some foods & blog about it
  • and dwell on how that bag of trail mix from above is almost gone. In less than 24-hours. Just from picking a handful here and a handful there.
lrkhit;srkghjh;dkgjllkdjfgb;sfkbg

What is wrong with me?

..my god, I'm so cool.


Happy Sunday, guys!

Now go eat trail mix.

Question
1. What'd you get up to this weekend?
2. Have any good workouts lately?
3. What's your favourite ethnic dish?



No comments:

Post a Comment