Friday, January 3, 2014

Last hot date of 2013 + NYE

It's seems so odd to type, but for some reason, I got overly excited for the last day of December! I guess I had this 'If I wanna complete it in 2013, I have to do it today' attitude.

Monday night, I lay in bed and was all like "omg .. no more hot dates for this year?" <--I pretty much call every date, a hot date! So, I asked told David that I wanted to go one in the morning. A morning date that would be Cora's. 




The fruit salad that I was overly ambitious about ordering.

David said we would never get through all of that food but I assured him that I was quite a fruit who*e.


Manly meal for a manly .. boy.


Manly meal for a girl who dates her food ..



What did not get eaten.




Over our fantastic breakfast, we chatted about all of our goals for the new year. Our resolutions, check lists and how we wanted to work out more and eat clean. I previously mentioned that I had wanted TRX bands and wanted to start religiously using them come January, so David suggested stopping into Spartan Fitness to check it out.

The guys working at Spartan said that the Jungle Gym XT was more popular, $70 cheaper and that they liked it better. The only difference with the XT and the TRX band is that the XT has two separate bands, and the TRX is connected as one.

Bonus: $129.99 for the Jungle Gym but I got it for $90 since they had a boxing day sale! Score!




After Spartan, I was actually PUMPED from my purchase and decided to head to Costco to get groceries for 2014! I'm seriously planning on having a really good year with regards to my health (and everything else, obv), so Costco was a must.




Another snap of the grocery list .. which I'm sure rarely changes.

The List
pork loin
chicken breast
egg whites
spinach
avocado
sweet potato
green beans
100-cal packs of hummus
blackberries
strawberries
apples


Also, I know that protein bars aren't the healthiest snacks, but I love-love-love them and I need a quick go-to for the evenings after work. I love Clif bars but I had to say goodbye as I was turning a blind eye to the sugar content in the bars.

I had a bio bar at Allan's house once and loved them. They're also pretty low in sugar so I decided to give them a go.





After my Costco run, I went for a quick coffee and read at Starbucks, and then to GoodLife to meet Tif. We were  both lazy as hell, but got in a pretty good sweat session before heading out to drink-drink-drink.

Workout
Treadmill - 1mile walk, 2mile run
Core - 3x10 ball over head extensions, 3x10 ankle grabs, 3x10 toe touches

It was only a quick one, but it we certainly left in a soaked state!


New Years

It's only the third day of January / 2014, and yet New Years seems sooo long ago .. am I right? or am I right?

In the blink of an eye, it was here, and now is gone.

Wowza x10!

My group of friends generally head to a big gala at a hotel, the Bellavista or something of that nature, but this year we had pretty much put off big New Years plans and decided to head to a house party downtown.

Since I now live in Pouch Cove, my cab ride is a lot more expensive so I decided to get a hotel room for the night and invite some friends up for pre-drinks and snacks.





A few hours and a few beer deep, we headed to Eric's house for some mingling.







We ended up having a pretty early night, and heading back to the hotel at around 1:45am. I was dropping tired and so ready to throw on the comfy clothes, lay in bed, watch tv and eat chips .. oops ..

And then, it was done!

Like POOF!

& a new year has begun.

Cheers to that :)

& cheers to the last 3 posts mentioning 'New Years' .. and probably the next 3 ;)

Questions
1. What did you do this year for New Years?
2. Was it minus a kazillion and two outside?


No comments:

Post a Comment