Monday, January 6, 2014

Things I'm Lovin' Lately


Lulu Running Socks


Ok, I've blogged about my love for running socks on multiple occasions, and for Christmas, I got four pairs. FOUR pairs! Isn't that awesome? My new 'go-tos' are my Lulus that Val gave me for Secret Santa. They're so comfortable and provide SO much arch support. I'm actually thinking about ordering some more online (though I might put this idea on hold since I have enough running socks to do me for while).

Lip Stain


Not sure what's come over me lately, but I've become a HUGE fan of red lips. I kind of avoided the look for a bit since I'm famous for getting lip stick on my teeth, but Tobi, my bosses wife, had suggested lip stain and said it wouldn't even come off on a wine glass (she promised ;) ). Heather also loves the product so I cracked and decided to test it out for the holidays, and I am SO glad that I did. I feel like a real diva on a dime with my perry little kissable liparoos!

Chicago Fire




Best.Show.Ever!

I think I wrote about this ages a go, but once again, I have to comment on what a fantastic show this is! Shaneen and Val have gotten me hooked. I watched 27 episodes over Christmas and I'm not lost that I have to wait for the next season! Next up, Breaking Bad :)



Wool Mittens


Obsessed.Obsessed.Obsessed.

Angela, the older lady next store, used to knit wool mittens when I was young! I wore them until after high school. I also always say I'm going to go to the flee market and buy some (then I found out that the mall flee market closed years a go? anyways..)

A few months a go, my dad's girlfriend's mom (what a mouthful) was down for Thanksgiving dinner and was knitting mittens and I was fascinating. So ... guess who got a homemade pair of mittens for Christmas? ME!

Why you should you buy wool mitts:

  • they're warm
  • they're stylish (I think)
  • they're comfy
  • their design is generally an original 
  • you'll make everyone around you jealous


Kahlua Coffee






If you're a keurig junkie and you haven't tried Kahlua Coffee, TRY IT! Omg, this is my absolute favorite to date! Nancy always has a stock of it and I've gone through phases of temptation where I wanna pocket a couple for when I got home (no, I did not follow through on this).

I was after her on where she bought it but she kept dodging the question. And then when I opened my Christmas presents, BOOM! My very own box :)

Ps. Piper's is the only place she said she could find it from (other than online ordering).


Wine Charms




What better way to ensure that you and Sally-Ann don't mix up your wine glasses, right?

I absolutely love these. Again, Nancy gave me these with my Christmas gift. Seeing how I am a 'wine- drinker' now, she got me a Christmas set for over the holidays. You can get these charms for all occasions and for general, all year purposes. I'm thinking it'll be a big year in the blog+wine department so I'm gonna have to get some every day charms.



Bath & Body Works Hand Cream - Marshmallow



Another Christmas gift (every item mentioned on this post, besides the lip stain and Chicago Fire, were a gift from another .. amazing friends, hey?)

My hands have been ridiculously dry with all the cold dry weather we've been getting and I left my favorite candy cane hand cream at my desk over the holidays. This Bath and Body Works hand cream is  a new favorite. If you're into scented creams (that effectively keep your skin moist), this is a must. It's a marshmallow flavor but has a peppermint hint to it. Love love love.

Stemless Soho Wine Glasses



When you read my next 'thing I'm loving lately', you'll think that this is an odd one, but I'm absolutely loving stemless wine glasses. I recently got these as a house-warming gift (Thanks, Donna) and have used them nonstop. I drank a 1.5-L of Baby Duck in the past few days and used a stemless with every glass poured. I'm generally  a fan of the stem, as it makes me feel feminine and classy, but stemless works when you're curled up on the couch watching countless episodes of Chicago Fire.


Questions
1. What are you loving lately?
2. Any good tv shows that you could suggest to a girl who in 10 days, will be making time for wine on the couch and HDMI cables from her lap top?


1 comment:

  1. I'm totally loving stemless wine glasses lately too! I bought a box at Superstore and have been drinking everything out of them (including wine lol)

    ReplyDelete