Friday, January 10, 2014

This week, in Victoria-land

How was your week, friends? Mine was pretty decent. Nothing excited happened but it's been a good one all around. I'm working this weekend so I don't have any big plans, but I'm off next Thursday-Monday so that's something to look forward to.

Regardless, as great as being on Christmas holidays is, it's always nice to get back into a routine. And into a solid schedule. A sleep schedule for this gal, as I was all over the place over time off.

Anyhow, here's a bullet style/picture summary of my week:


Sunday
  • i ate this for breakfast:


  • date at Starbucks with Rob
  • failure to have a date at Starbucks as it was closed 
  • scooted down to Coffee Matters to see how much work I could get done there


  • i got out of my comfort zone and had a conversation with an elderly man who I find greatly inspiring .. then he googled him .. and then found out he was a pretty big deal
  • i watched the movie 12 Years a Slave (great movie, friends)
  • i ate the best I have eaten since December 19th (ugh) all day
  • i agreed to a little photoshoot in approx. 2-weeks time

Monday
  • woke up and actually thought I was depressed (cause I slept in) <--hellooo .. drama mama
  • received my favorite text of the year


  • i had a wonderful breakfast date with David (morning cooking is my absolute favorite)


  • i hit 21,000 page views (had to share it because it means to the world to me that you guys take the time from your day to visit this little bloggy-blog
  • i stayed up until after 4 watching Sons and eating snacks


  • bought new Asics


  • had the worst run of my life (1.5-miles), gave up and went home to sleep off my negative attitude for 3.5-hours
  • i hit a wall when I thought my live was over because I had a moment of defeat at the gym hours before
  • i got off my lazy ass, went to the gym and kicked out 3.5-miles to rid my shitty attitude. KaPOOF! It worked (that's 5-mile Monday, peeps)


  • i shaved my legs (like whoa!)
  • i started composting
  • i did all of my Cr
  • i started my new 'To Do' book for 2014 (woop woop) <-- most exciting point from this point to be honest
  • made the best health'ish' bars of my life and ate my supper while mixing it


  • made green juice
  • watched 3 episodes of Sons of Anarchy that had me away until 3:30-am
  • while I ate sweet potato and avocado dip




Tuesday
  • got an extra day off work due to the power outages
  • i received an exciting parcel in the mail but it's a secret
  • i maxed out the photo storage on my iPhone (3400) .. 3400 too many
  • i did a 10-minute warm-up (0.25-mile run and 0.35-mile walk/ 35-minute shoulder workout with Rob / finished with a 2-mile run and 0.1-walk)

love love love to see sweat! :)

  • i watched 'My 600-lb Life' on TLC and almost threw up my supper
    i realized that it is wheat products that gives me lower abdominal pain


DELICIOUS leftover edumame w. naan bread ... abdominal pain

  • bought my first pair of snow pants, EVER (I wear Wetskins when skiing)
  • bought new kettle bells, a skipping rope, dumbbells and some other exciting exercising equipment for my basement
  • started my day with a fantastic breakfast

water, black coffee, green juice, peanut butter chocolate protein
pancake (made with less than 1/2 of the original measurements
of ingredients as these are SO filling)

Wednesday
  • got an extra day off work due to the power outages
  • skipped going to the gym
  • cooked pork loin for the week .. and then forgot about it and burnt it to a crisp
  • went grocery shopping at Dominion


The List
  • couscous
  • olives
  • mushrooms
  • red onion
  • cilantro
  • carrots
  • iceberg lettuce
  • oats
  • edumame
  • peanut butter x 2
  • greek yogurt
  • chickpeas
*From power outages and weather conditions, there was a limited selection at Dominion. Ie. only baby carrots, no spinach, only minute oats..
On a positive note, I got 50% some of my purchases
  • went grocery shopping at Costco



The List
  • brussels sprouts
  • kale
  • pineapple
  • blackberries
  • sweet peppers
  • celery
  • apples
  • pears

  • made my first HUGE salad of 2014 (so.big.i.ate.so.much.i.got.sick)


kale mix, pomegranate, olives, goat cheese, whole
almonds, sliced almonds, Epicure seasoned
chicken breast, goats cheese

  • finally started my yoga area in the basement 'soon to be' studio





Thursday
  • had my first day back to work after 21 days off
  • sat at my desk and was sick as a dog all day (couldn't stomach chicken or kale for lunch which resulted in Quaker yogurt bar(S) <--yes I had 2 3. I couldn't get anything else down and a guy at work had a bunch. O, and I could get down fruit. Like, a lot!
  • started using myfitness pal (after two failed attempts on Tuesday/Wednesday)
  • i slept 8.5-hours (well Thursday night going into Friday morning)
  • i drank 4-L of water
  • i ate 2054 calories (like .. not ok)

Friday
  • woke up after a mighty sleep and was ready to take on the world! O, and have a very health-based day :)
  • i started my day with green juice (combined 2 200-ml)
  • ate the most disgusting 'protein pancake' of my life .. and it definitely not worth all the calories it took to make it






  • ate some of this

  • tried a new machine at thee gym while reading Triathlete


  • went to bed at 10:00-pm (woop wooooop)

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend :) 

Ps. Sorry for the non-interesting post! Oops..

Night, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment