Thursday, January 30, 2014

WIAW - what-i-ate-wednesday

Happy 2nd last day of January, guys!

How's your day going? Are you working? Ugh, me too!

I wanted to do a WIAW post cause 1. I love reading what others ate Wednesday (and every other day) and 2. I needed a quick post to type up before bed and to edit on break at work.

Voila.

Don't mind the 'photo effect' of the pictures I have posted .. little miss 'I-want-cool-photos'. I just hate the pictures that my iPhone takes and I'm still on the hunt for a new camera!

..and I was experimenting with the ol' iPhoto app.

Anyhow, on to a what I ate Wednesday post (cause you're dying to know, right?)


[image]


Breakfast

I didn't eat after the gym Monday night, so when i woke up, I was super hungry!

I had a banana with <1 Tbsp of organic peanut butter a little after 4-am. I hate eating so early but I hate it even more when I'm driving to work and I get so hungry that I'm sick.


Around 7-am, I was starving but had to go directly in the field. I didn't have any time to heat up and enjoy my protein pancake, so I had a small bartlett pear.


Around 8:15, I was still hungry (I know, I know) so I decided to heat up both my coffee and protein pancake and read a few blogs to start my morning.



Lately I've been eliminating the oats and ground flax (I'm feeling a little tubby since I didn't eat too hot on Monday). I made the protein pancake with just 1-C of egg whites and 1-scoop of Combat Peanut Butter & Chocolate protein powder.

Yum :)

Snack
(10:45-am)

I had 4 celery stalks cut up with some organic peanut butter. There was a little under 2 table spoons of this and I ended up leaving a little to go with my afternoon apple!



Lunch

I was on my typical fruit-high, and instead of eating something in the line of vegetables, I went with a banana wrap.

I simply used an ezekiel wrap with some of the peanut butter from above and a half of a banana.


I was kinda let down when I found out that these wraps were not gluten-free. I'm trying to really watch the wheat so I've been doing a lot of label-reading lately.

All the same, this wrap was delicious and it's still: yeast-free, vegan, high in fiber and has sprouted grains. O, and they're sugar free!!

Snack

Around 3ish, I was a little 'peckish', so I went with a gigantor fiji apple (granny smith was my fav .. but fiji is the new thing)

 

Around 5:30, I was still hungry (cause I eat as much as a horse), so I chowed down on a green pepper with hummus, and satisfied my sweet tooth with a Liberte vanilla greek yogurt. 







The drive home took foreverrrr due to the weather.

I had planned on going to the gym but we' had been expecting like 20-cm of snow and the roads were terrible! I didn't end up getting home until after 8-pm and knew if I had of went to the gym, I wouldn't have gotten home until after 10 with the way the snow was falling.

..so I got some Starbucks and drank it before I even Pouch Cove.Though I felt starved, the black coffee definitely curbed my appetite.

When I got home, I showered, did the dishes and experimented with some black bean brownies.

I ate 1/9 of the portion shown below (about 235-calories) but David and I shared it.



 

And I had approx. 1/4C of those no-sugar stevia chocolate chips..and another half of a banana..oops?

Those chips are divineeee!






So ya .. 1735 calories and no workout!

Whatev! ;)





If you haven't read my last WIAW for the last season, check it out here .

Cheers, friends!

Questions
  1. What'd you eat Wednesday?
  2. How many calories do you consume a day?
  3. Are you a counter of calories?




No comments:

Post a Comment