Friday, January 17, 2014

Delicious Coconut Protein Pancakes


Happy Friday, peeps! 

How went the morning? Any big plans for this weekend? I'm just popping in with a little post because I have a lunch date at Sun Sushi in less than an hour. O yes, Allan and I will probably end up with a sushi hangover when it's all said and done. I haven't eaten the stuff since November 29th so I have some serious time to make up for (since it's one of my fav foods).

Breakfast today was an apple. I skipped the pancake (first time in quite a while) and settled for something small as I knew I'd probably most definitely have a large lunch. I slept for 12-hours last night (exhausted) and didn't crawl out of bed until almost 10-am. Wild. So there was no need to over-eat.

Anyways, I'm sitting at Starbucks and REALLY want to share a recipe with you.. 



Can we talk about protein pancakes? Again?

How about we'll talk about my absolute favourite pancake? (I know, I know .. I always say that), but seriously! I think this is my favourite so far.

Holy hell, these were soooo good!

Ps. Do you guys even like protein pancakes? They're  a staple for sure! It's very rare that I miss a day of pancake love. I'm even thinking about starting a 'Pancake of the Month' type of thingy for my blog. Thoughts?



Serves 2 
Note: I cook a pancake, cut it in two and have half for breakfast and half at first break

The Pan
1T of coconut oil
*do not skip this ingredient

Dry Ingredients
1/3C of coconut flour (I bought mine at Bulk Barn)
1/4C of multi-grain rolled oats
1/2 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
1T of ground flax (I use Bob's Red Mills)
1T of slivered almonds

Wet Ingredients
1T of vanilla extract
1C of egg whites
1/4C of Almond Breeze coconut (you can sub vanilla as it's equally as good .. maybe better?)

Directions
1. Heat stove top on medium and let coconut oil melt completely
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl
3. Add all wet ingredients to mixture
4. Pour on pan and wait for one side to cook before flipping it once
5. Remove from pan and serve!

You honestly don't need a pancake topping because the coconut oil gives it so much taste but I have to admit, I've been adding agave (natural sweetener that you can get at Natural Value in Dominion) to mine and I LOVE it! Omg. Like, o so much!

Please please please try this and tell me how awesome it is!

I've never been so sure that you'll love it. Promise.

I'll shut up about pancakes now though.

Enjoy your Friday, friends!
I hope you have the best weekend ever :) I'll be back shortly with a new post!

Questions
1. What's your favourite breakfast?
2. Do you use protein powder while baking?
3. What's your favourite protein powder?

No comments:

Post a Comment