Friday, January 3, 2014

Nachos, Chicken Pizza & Eating, Praying while Loving?

Ok, can you please take a moment to close your eyes and imagine this combination in your mouth? (something sounds dirty about that line ...)

1. avocado
2. sweet potato w. nacho seasoning
3. chicken breast slices w. pizza seasoning and ground flax
4. orange peppers
5. goats cheese

!!!

Sound yay or sound blah?

oh.em.gee! This was probably one of the best meals I've ever cooked in my life! It was definitely the best meal I've cooked this year (haha. . .get it? of course it's the best this year, sillies)

Anyhow, seeing how I have planned to start cooking more and being a little Martha with my menu, I called my Thursday night supper.. Nachos & Chicken Pizza!

Probably not what you had envisioned when you clicked the link to this page .. actually .. you probably didn't envision anything .. you were probably just bored and figured you'd truck along in the wonderful, tasteful life of Victoria Wade .. or you were probably just bored .. Anyways ..

..  First up, I wanted to make some kind of 'homemade chicken finger'. A fitness guru that my sister used to work/travel around NL with (she even did an ironman) was one of those granola-yogis who made everything from scratch and ate super duper clean. Samantha used to tell me how they had deadly suppers every night; homemade greek salads, chicken fingers and even granola bars .. amongst many other foods!

In a scenario where I wanted to create something healthy and similar to Melanie, I whipped up the following:

Pizza Chicken

You'll need:

  1. 4 medium chicken breasts
  2. 1/4-cup of egg whites
  3. 2T organic chipotle infused olive oil (regular will do)
  4. 3-4T of ground flax
  5. 2-3T of Epicure pizza seasoning (any pizza seasoning will do)



Directions

  1. Cut the chicken breast into strips
  2. Add egg whites, oil + seasonings in a mixing bowl and shake around
  3. Place mixture in pan and cook on 350-degrees for 40-minutes 


Voila :)

Chicken pizza that is kept so perfectly together by the egg whites.

Note: If you're not an egg or egg white fan, believe me, you can't taste them!!


Nachos

So perhaps I lead you on by calling the below 'nachos' .. but it was worth it .. cause these were fantastic!

I simply cut up 2 sweet potatoes, drizzled them with 1.5T of organic butter infused olive oil (again, any olive oil will work) and then sprinkled 1.5T of Epicure nacho seasoning on the mix (same concept as the chicken pizza).



I cooked the potatoes for approximately 30-minutes and then let them cool.


 I chopped up some orange pepper, avocado, cucumber and goats cheese to top on the 'pizza base' or 'sweet potato nachos'.


I did not drink the egg nog .. I opted for water .. but caved with a glass of baby duck later in the night!

I also did not use the ranch spread that can be seen below. I let the other one use that as his base.


My delicious supper ended up getting all mushed together!! I actually couldn't get this in me fast enough!!


This meal was delicious, and with moderating the amount of goats cheese, was nutritious!

Va va vooooom!

Get that in yer guts!

Also, seeing how we're on the topic of deliciousness .. can I please take a moment and give a thumbs up to Baby Duck? Yes, Baby Duck .. the love of my life. The love I had convinced myself I had moved on from. The love that I sat drinking last night as I poured my envy toward Julia Roberts while I watched her prance around the world for a year and live the life I want. Live the life I've convinced myself I need!!

Also, I know I've asked you to take a lot of moments throughout this post .. but please take another to note what an exciting life I lead .. the life that leaves me posing / iPhoto combining the photos shown below.


..I know, it scary how awesome I am!

Have you ever seen Eat Pray Love? Of course you have! And of course you didn't like it. You probably thought it was tooooo longgg (140-minutes / 2:20). You probably thought she was overly dramatic as she packed up her life and left New York for a year .. and you probably thought it was too sappy because in the end, she fell in love! Well YOU'RE WRONG! Eat Pray Love is my ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOVIE! I would pick it over ANY movie in the world. It's the concept, the message, the reasoning behind it all.

apple/honey/shredded coconut/craisins/peanuts & classic .. apple/peanut butter

And guess what? A boy liked it, too! Yup .. David watched it (voluntarily) and when it was over .. he said "why does it have to be over?" Swear!!

Throughout, I said "You sure you like it? We can turn it off? Noone likes it!"

And finally .. he told me to be quiet and watch the movie.

:)



O, and Allan loves the movie too.

And once, I left a copy of the movie on a friends door step to make him watch it! (cough STEVEN cough).

Ok, I'm pretty much the coolest girl you know at this very moment so I'm gonna hush up and leave you with that!

So, cook a new meal and watch the damn movie! Hell, if you want my copy, I'll gladly give it a share :)

Happy Friday, Friends!


Questions
1. What new recipes have your tried lately?
2. What is your favourite movie of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment