Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIAW + Bean Salad + I'm just awesome

Hey guys,

How goes your Wednesday? Mine is ok but I'm a little tired. I'm only getting my lunch now so I figured I'd say hello and publish a recipe that I typed up a few nights a go (pending posts - go blog go!).

First I'll give you a little summary of my day (cause I KNOW you're on the edge of your seats .. and I KNOW your nose is probably touching the screen with anticipation) <-- why do you guys always do that? Ok, ok .. I'm a pretty big deal .. I mean, look at me .. but seriously ;)

Today
  • I'm tired
  • I've drank two 250-Ml coffee and two XL Tim Horton's coffee (24oz) <--crazy cakes!
  • I've drank 2-L of water thus far (6+ yesterday)
  • O shit! I also had a coffee this morning before I left the house .. forgot that!
  • my body is sore from Bodypump on Monday + Bodyflow last night
  • I snuck into a secret bathroom (what??) this morning, snuck out in a rush and totally skid out in my rubber boots and tooootally bruised/cut the sh!t out of my knee. Like .. walkin' with a limp style
  • work is sooo busy lately. I feel guilty even typing this (but then I don't cause I had the recipe typed last night)
  • I've eaten a lot today (good whole foods though .. mostly)
  • my sportsbra is so tight today that I think it's causing me some back pain. O no
  • the cookies I made the night before last are unreal!
  • I consumed1852-calories yesterday (good calories)
  • for a laugh, David and I typed in his intake .. 5632-calories and he was STILL hungry .. so we ate this:

 
and it was sooo good !:)
 
 
And while I'm here, I'll lay down a classic WIAW (what I ate Wednesday) <-- so far anyways because I am SO hungry today!
 
 
Breakfast
 
 
protein pancake w. green juice (I ate a whole pancake but only
half of the juice shown)

Lunch


taco-tasting sweet potato casserole w. edamame salad
best.lunch.ever

Snacks


sliced pear x 2
I ate an oat raisin ball too



sliced apple x 1 (with pb, obv)
I ate 1/4C of pumpkin seeds too ... but they aren't shown

Moving on though .. la la


Ok, first off, this salad is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I've been taking a 1-cup serving in my lunch and I just can not get enough.

Serious.

I saw a recipe from Julie over at Pbfingers where she made Edamame and Black Bean Salad. Since I was loving the majority of the ingredients, I decided to whip up a batch that would accommodate my own taste buds. Man!! Was I ever surprised with how great this turned out! (being slightly dramatic here, obv!)

O, and ps. there are less than 200-calories per cup serving! Wild, right?





Ingredients

1C of edamame beans
1C of chopped Kale
1C of frozen corn
1/2C of green onion
1 can of garbanzo beans
1.5T light extra virgin olive oil
1T of lemon juice

*Note, I bought all of my ingredients in the organic section but you can get the majority of the ingredients in the frozen section (minus the edamame perhaps)




Directions
 
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Serve and enjoy!
 
Va-va vooom! :)
 
 
The Details 



And now I'm back to work!

Have a good day, guys! And ps. If you're feeling generous, share a little recipe with Martha here will ya?

K, thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I just did my very first WIAW Post. It was super fun! I can't wait to do it again. I love seeing what everyone eats on a regular day :) That black bean and edamame salad looks awesome - two ingredients I always have on hand! I'll have to try it for lunch next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun isn't it? I saw my first WIAW over a year a go on meandthemountains.com. She's great and has a nice regime with her blog.

    The edamame salad is fantastic! Like, omg! I've been feeding it to myself and my boyfriend and he loves it! I actually ran out this morning and whipped up a batch at 4:30-am. It didn't bother me .. cause it's THAT quick and easy!

    Ps. Your hummus sounded amazingggg!! I have a few comments coming your way ;)

    ReplyDelete