Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Deets & Christmas Eats (And the tales of a chubby bunny)

Happy Wednesday night, Friends! (I should say Happy New Year but I feel as though New Years deserves its own post) .. judging by the amount I've been updating lately, you're probably thinking that I won't do one anyways..

Can you believe that it's 2014? My goodness, where has the time gone!?

How was your Christmas? How was the eating/drinking/exercising?

I had a good last week of December, I must say. My eating was most definitely excess, but I  tried to get some vegetables in, and multiple days of exercise.

Here is a little summary of my last week and a half of December.

The 22nd

On the 22nd, I had a little brunch. I had a brunch at the house on Bell's Turn back in June and loved the little menu.  I also wrote on my November list to host a supper .. so instead, I decided to host another brunch.


The Menu
Pillsbury Biscuits 
Egg & Avocado Pesto Wraps w. Cheese
Hasbrown Casserole
Vanilla Yogurt 
Fruit
Clif Granola Bars
Tropicana
Milk
Green Tea 
Starbucks Coffee - Light & Medium Roast



I didn't try any of the country biscuits, but c'mon .. they're Pilsbury .. everything Pilsbury is amazing!


I boiled a dozen eggs, mashed them up with one avocado,  and added two tablespoons of Epicure pesto seasoning.


I made the hashbrown casserole using cream of broccoli, rather than cream of mushroom. I was told that it tasted a lot better than the one I had made for Kris Kringle (which was made with cream of mushroom). I also subbed in red and white potatoes (spuds?), instead of McCain classic hashbrowns.



I decided to be a good little gal and eat clean for breakfast because I knew I'd be drinking my face off for the next few days (and probably eating my face off, too).




The popular brunch menu looked a little better..





The 23rd

The 23rd was the Annual Billy & The Bruisers concert at the Delta, and as always, it was a fun night out with the crowd.

As everyone packed their things to head downstairs, the three little oinkers snuck in some pizza .. yumm ..





The 24th

Christmas eve was a sleep-in kinda day for myself. I was super hungover and my car was still in town so I used this as a ride-off day.

After I had risen from the dead, I headed to town with the mama, and then back to Shaneen's house to exchange gifts! I absolutely love exchanging with Tiffany and Shaneen, cause they always give the best presents!!

On the list this year:
Victoria's Secret sports bra
Starbucks gift card
A book
Fossil Sunglasses
Running Room socks
Lulu Lemon racer back tank

...like... amazing right?

Best friends, ever!!


After gift exchange with the gals, David and I headed to moms house for Christmas eve supper and then back to Pouch Cove for wine, food and more wine at David's.

The 25th

Christmas morning had a late start. Due to my alcohol consumption the night before (white wine for days), I ended up sleeping in until around 9 (Sam and I still usually get up at 7am) .. when I bolted from bed to head home (I had a Christmas sleepover, obv), I got stuck in the driveway from all the snow we had the night before.

After David got out of bed, we were able to shovel out in a little under an hour. Then it was off for far too many presents



Ps. Uncle Scott mentioned sponsoring a family next year seeing how none of us need half of what we get each year. It's so happy-sad when you get so many gifts, yet you feel so guilty knowing there are families out there with so much less. Families out there with nothing. I vow to sponser a family next year! Mark it down!


After gifts with dad and gifts with mom, it was off for Christmas dinner with the Jordan fam-jam!

This is where I devoured every morsel of the picture below ..



..and this (chocolate chip cookie layered cake)


And then it was off for gift exchange, more white wine and Christmas night lazy times with David and his mom.


And some tv (Extreme Homes <-- new fav show on Home Gardening TV) and leftover snacks.


The 26th/27th
drinking.eating.drinking.eating.

The 28th

The 28th was marked as a productive day! I hadn't drank a sh!t load of alcohol the night before so I had a semi-early rise where I tidied and made a strapping young guy some breakfast in bed (yup, I'm trying to get him to play House with me as you can tell) :)

breakfast in bed...that he refused to eat in bed..

Dear Boys,

If you agree to cook ME breakfast in bed, not only will I gladly accept, but I'll kiss and love you until the cows come home.

Like seriously.

The end.

Yours truly,

The tall, dark, beautiful, food-junky, caffeine-freak beauty named Victoria :) :)



Moving on though ..

Aunt Kim and Uncle Scott, Sherri and Carl and Carl and Jesse were all celebrating anniversaries on the 28th. I knew we had roast beef dinner / beer-beer-beer on the agenda, so I got in a deadly run before heading off to the Lions Club for a late late night.

with family..


with drinking..

and with friends..


The 29th

The 29th was 100% a ride off.

It was bed until 4-pm (not my choice) and lazy times eating turkey soup and vegetables (x2).




The 30th

I was snowed in on the 30th (bitter sweet times) but instead of stressing over all of the things I wasn't going to get done, I hung out in the country living room while drinking hot coffee and read my book/blogging.

These are the moments I live for <3




After a long day of NOTHING, I had supper with David, Nancy, Mrs. Gwen,  Madame Pam and Chris. We pretty much just ate lots, drank wine and gossiped ;)

On the menu?
Carlo Rossi white wine
steak
white + sweet potato w. lemon and rosemary spices
taco salad
caesar salad

best.meal.ever.

and that is all.





So, do I feel guilty for the food consumed over the Christmas holidays?
Yes No.
I worked out on December: 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 31!

I'm telling myself that there is a balance to some degree.

Have I felt a little energy less with the intense switch up of diet?
Absolutely. Wheat makes me bloated and gives me a sugar high .. which then brings me to a depressing low. This is not ok and this is coming to an end tomorrow (January 2nd, obv) <-- January 1 doesn't count!

Do I think I've gained weight?
Yes.

Have I actually weighed?
No.

Can you out-exercise a bad diet?
NOOOOOOO!


Now, that was quite a pointless post, hey? I kinda just wanted to do a summary of all that I've been eating since I've been off on holidays! I've had so much good food and so many high calorie foods! My goodness..

Regardless of everything that was consumed by this chubby little bunny, I cannot WAIT to get back to salads and green juice and fruit and nutrients :)

Happy New Year, blogaroos!


Questions
1. What kinds of foods did you indulge in over the holidays?
2. Do you exercise over Christmas?
3. High calorie foods vs. high calorie alcohol?

No comments:

Post a Comment