Friday, January 10, 2014

Serendipity Man Highlight

Hey guys,

Happy Friday! How goes the day? Mine is pretty low key. I'm back to work but things aren't the busiest here (though I have my 'to do' list that needs a checkin')..

Anyways, just wanted to stop and say hi and share a little story from earlier this week.

I have an update coming this evening but that's going to have to wait as technically, I only have 30-minutes for lunch.

Moving on ...

Week Highlight

This is pretty random, but it's was the highlight to my Sunday.

Not sure if you remember, but last summer, I wrote this post. It was post on serendipity about a man who approached me in the Starbucks line-up. A man who asked me who 'Bernard' was. Who asked when he saw the name tattooed on the back of my arm. I told him it my grandfather and that I had gotten the tattoo a few years after his death. Afterwards, we spoke of good health and forgiveness when a lie is taken. He then gave me two hand-painted good luck ladybugs for my grandmother and I.

He said "Close your hands in mine and repeat after me. "With this ladybug, I give you good luck. I give you the fortune of health. The fortune to forgive bad health and to look forward to good health. I want you to do the same with this lady bug in your grandmothers hand. It's to wish her the fortune of good health."

Anyways, I have thought about this man countless times since my meeting wth him. It was ironic that he gave me a ladybug, as it was the same week that I had a consultation to get my ladybug tattoo covered up. My tattoo that I despised, yet felt was a symbol of good luck. Luck which he replaced  for me (or so I tell myself).

Point I'm getting at, is that Bill, the man behind the good luck ladybugs, sat across the way at Coffee Matters on Sunday just past. I know this probably comes as no surprise, as Newfoundland is such a small place / it's a small world in general .. but this guy made an imprint in me months ago, and I always have him in the back of my head while I'm back at Starbucks. 

A few days a go I wrote my goals and resolutions etc for 2014. One was 'get out of your comfort zone more often than not'.

And I did.

I stood up, walked over to Bill and reintroduced myself. And for some random reason, speaking with this kind, gentle, moving older man, brought tears to my eyes.

He remembered me, his wife remembered me, he shook my hand(s) and kissed my cheek. He then wished me good luck in the new year and later came over with a little business card and a quote from Oprah Winfrey.

“Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”

Oprah Winfrey


So ya, it's the little things that really make a difference in our day.

I'll tip my coffee to that :)

Happy Friday, lovers!

Questions
1. Has a random person ever done a good gesture for you?
2. When was the last time YOU left your comfort zone?



No comments:

Post a Comment