Thursday, October 31, 2013

Do you think that goal setting is related to becoming successful?

In your opinion, how close is goal setting when it comes to striving for success?

In your own words, define success.

The Oxford Dictionary defines success as:




Skip the examples and just read the first line. "The accomplishment of an aim or purpose". Agree?
I think I'd have to take a few days and dig deep to come up with my definition, but I one hundred percent think that statement is a pretty accurate summary.

So do you guys remember this post?

Well, throughout the month of June, I was completely consumed with 'cross-off-thee-list', I found myself feeling so determined and ready for attack. (attack might sound a little dramatic but you get it, right?) Writing a list of goals that I had made mentally, was so much easier to achieve when I wrote it out physically. Why? Ooo, I don't know .. perhaps because I knew I would be held accountable by my little bloggy blog friends and I most certainly did not want to let my blog-peeps down. And of course, I love setting lists (especially when it comes to list making).

Unlike in June, I plan on completing all of the goals I have compiled onto my November list.


[1] Try crossfit

[2] Take a kickboxing class

[3] Do hot yoga at least twice

[4] Read 1 2 books (ahh hello ..The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family & Monster . Buying them TONIGHT!)

[5] Do a lane swim (this has been on the back burner for WAY too long)

[6] Document what I eat for ONE week to the exact. I am generally aware of what I'm consuming on a daily basis, but ya know that 'bite here' or 'nibble there' that doesn't make the page? O buddy, it's making the page.

[7] Test (steal someone elses recipe) and try 5 new types of protein/breakfast bar styles
  1. Lightened Up Magical Coconut Bars @ ohsheglows.com
  2. Happy Trails Adventure Cookies @ ohsheglows.com
  3. Granola Nut Clusters
  4. Vanilla Warrior Balls @ lizziefit.wordpress.com
  5. Wing it ;)

[8] Apply for my personal training books/exam (ahh what?)

[9] Take a day and watch 6-7hrs of seasons and/or movies. Why? Just because.

[10]  Complete 75% of my Christmas shopping. (I know if it'll be 75% or not as I've made a festive list of 'To Buy' for each and every person who I give Christmas gifts to)

[11] Complete the Run to Remember on Monday, November 11th

[12] Host a family supper

[13] Do a complete make-over of this blog

[14] Buy new couches (ha, what?)

[15] Do 15 push-ups

[16] Go to a movie alone (I think this might be on my 25 While 25)

[17] To be in 100% shape for my photo shoot with Stone Photography at the end of the Month

[18] Do a fitness photo shoot with Courtney and 1. Not chicken out cause of my body / 2. Walk out of Mike Mahoney's studio feeling like a babe and a half

[19] Write a post on the my half way mark for my 25 While 25 (May 17th at 2:41pm, I will be exactly 25 and a half years old)

[20] Walk 1000 flights of stairs on the new Stair Master at GoodLife


There it is, guys. You have my word, I will mark through 20 line items upon completion.

I got this (.. do I though?) ha, of course I do, silly.



Ps. Before I go, I've been told by some that they are unable to leave a comment on this blog.

..Ya.. brainiac here had 'Registered User - includes OpenID' choose in the settings. As you can see, that's changed now so feel free to leave advice, criticism or just a simple comment.




Wish me luck! *Insert big grin here*

Questions
  1. Do you set goals at the beginning of the month?
  2. Do you have a bucketlist?
  3. What is your definition of success?

No comments:

Post a Comment