Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lots done & still so much fun!

Happy 'almost' Monday, guys!

Sorry I haven't written in a few days. I had a pretty busy weekend and was trying to make the most of my time off.

So last week, I gave you my November list of tasks to complete. I started on Thursday with number 6, 'Document what I eat for ONE week to the exact'. It's Sunday now and I've written EVERYTHING  down since Thursday. Go me, right? ha, not really, but ya .. I started to have some skin issues a few weeks back and I've been wanting to get down to the wire and figure out where my sensitivity lies. Bam! Found it .. The Combat Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder. Sad, hey? I actually frigging love that stuff. But O well ..

So Turnaround started on Friday but I made sure I started to take full advantage on Thursday night.

Thursday
First stop, Chapter's.




I eyed the book Monster a while back and have not been able to stop thinking about it. Allan Hall writes about an Austrian man who holds his daughter captive for 18-years in an underground cellar .. c--c-crazyyy!

Anyhow, ya, I'm twisted and love reading those types of books.

After Chapter's, I headed to the gym but was running on an empty stomach so I got a little snack at Starbucks.




Workout

I headed to GoodLife and pushed out a 1-mile walk and 2.5-mile run.

I've been loving skipping lately so in between sets of an arms and shoulders workout, I would do 100-skips. I totalled at 500-skips. O, and if you are going to 100 and you mess up, ya have to start again :)


new edition to the ladies room :)

'Half' Of my Groceries


After the gym, I headed to Costco to beat the weekend rush.

*Note: for a little exercise, try passing on the use of a cart. Try carrying your groceries. Yes, this can become annoying when everyone and their mother are asking if you'd like to use their cart, but overall, you break such a sweat and will finish with BURNING arms.


In the mix
Stevia (for baking, obv)
broccoli
baby tomatoes
strawberries
almond butter
egg whites
Paradox hiking shirt? Oops..

Shoot Prep

I was feeling pretty determined post-Costco so I headed for a Thursday evening glow (slowly getting a few tanning sessions in for my photo shoot) and then headed to Sports Check to pick up my short shorts that I will be wearing for the shoot. Whoa! Wake-up call. Lose.that.chubby.ass.like.now!



Then it was off to relax and start my book :) What a happy Thursday, hey?

Friday

Friday was the best day of my turnaround. I was up and on the go at 7-am. I had my first batch of baked goods in the oven by 7:30 and a big breakfast protein pancake cooking for Samantha (she had been in study mode since 6-am) by 8-am.

Breakfast

vanilla protein pancakes w. semi-sweetened chocolate chips
and unsweetened coconut

And some pure maple syrup that a very special
someone brought in for Karla and I

I skipped on chocolate chips and the shredded coconut but I definitely had a massive pancake.




And then made my first batch EVER of green juice (thanks, Lizzie)




And made a little extra for later..




After breakfast I read some blogs and whipped a batch of cookies for some weekend snacking. Primarily, I had planned on cooking Happy Trails Adventure Cookies  but I kinda went off track and did my own thing.





Ps. These cookies turned out Awesome! I had my sister and Doug do a little taste test. Hashtag approved.

After breakfast and baking, I had some errands/a bank appointment so off to town I went. At around 1, I met Doug at the gym and then we spent the afternoon running around crossing tasks off the list(s) (obv) and then I met up with my dad for some new sneakers (the man got a new pair of New Balance so he better start using that treadmill) :) Loves 'em!

Friday evening, everyone seemed to be having a low-key night so I decided to do my weekly prep a little early and get some more jogging in.

Sooo .. I ran a mile, jumped off and cut my peppers for the week,



Jumped back on, ran a mile, hopped back off and whipped up a batch of almond butter granola bars.



Jumped back on the treadmill, ran a mile and then hopped off again, and whipped up a batch of peanut butter granola.



And I'm sure you know what I did next..


4 for running 4 miles (and I ran 2.5 earlier at thee gym)

Yup, happy happy Fridays! 

My Friday night ended up being extremely low-key with a coffee, healthy treats and a book.


A little bit of everything


Saturday

I slept in until 10 on Saturday (was super exhausted) and felt it could be justified from the wind and rain outside. Shortly after getting up, I grabbed a protein cookie and headed to Starbucks to get my first coffee of the season in their Christmas edition coffee cups (I text Allan right away and he was planning on heading there also - it's the little things in life, hey?)




my hand is looking awfully manly, hey?


After my little coffee kick, I headed to the gym for a little workout.




I was supposed to meet Steven earlier in the morning but we I kinda might have slept through the alarm. Oops.

Lunch

After my short workout, I headed to Dominion to get some groceries for juicing. 



I made a delicious green juice, and then set off to meet Steven for a little catch-up at Second Cup (and brought him some green juice - which he seemed to enjoy)




I sat in Second Cup and demolished all of this (sad lunch)




Steven gave me lots of blogging tips and opened my eyes to a lot of things I plan to look into (secrets, secrets). We ranted on for a few hours and then it was home I went to get ready for a night downtown with the crowd.

I don't like being in pictures at all..




And now it's Sunday night and my body is aching from drinking and weekly workouts.


I hope everyone had an exceptional weekend! 


Good Night, Good Night! Mwah! :)

Questions
1. Does your eating fall off the charts on the weekend?
2. How productive were you this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment