Thursday, November 14, 2013

Blast from the Past - 2008 Awards

I can honestly say that changing my eating habits, making exercise a priority and staying positive (most days) is definitely something I've had my eye on from day one.

It started as a weight loss journey, but quickly shifted into a major change on my outlook of health.

While scanning Facebook yesterday, I caught this bad-boy survey in the corner of my eye and had to post it!

Isn't it funny how some things change in a major way, yet after 5 years (shy one month), you would have written the exact same thing in that blank?

20-Year Old Victoria Says..

2008 Awards
Written: December 17th, 2008

1) DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR

Shaneenzzza.

2) LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest truest friend)

Adam O

3) NEWCOMER AWARD (newest friend)


Justin Hick!

3) HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR?

Undecided!

4) LOW POINT OF THE YEAR?

When poor ol' Bernard passed away!

5) BEST HOLIDAY?

May 24th...As always

6) YOUR SONG FOR 2008

Disturbia, hands down! Best summer song of life!

7) MOVIE FOR 2008?

Twilight.

10) WHO DID YOU SPEND VALENTINES WITH?

Chris Sauveeeee!

11) BEST RELATIONSHIP?

Didn't really have one! But Shaneen and I hung out a lot more that we had in the previous few years!lol If that counts!

12) WHAT WERE YOU FOR HALLOWEEN?

Batman!

13) RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR?

Boston Pizza = My life..sadly

14) BOOK OF THE YEAR?

Twilight (I don't read much, but Twilight still would have cleaned this one up)

15) BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR?

Joining the gym!

16) WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR?

To do great in school/ get in shape/ go to MEXICOO!

17) MOST STUPID IDEA WHEN DRUNK

To tell people I creeped them on facebook!

18) TV SHOW OF THE YEAR?

The Hills!

19) MOST LOYAL FRIEND?

Shaneen!

20) BIGGEST CHANGE OF THE YEAR?

Doing one subject for a semester! Disgusting!

21) BIGGEST RETARD AWARD?

Undecided!

22) BEST TRIP?

Gander days in September..October..November

23) BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT THIS YEAR?

Getting deadly marks last April

24) BEST CONCERT?


Sam Robert's! & Hey Rosetta in July

25) NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS?

Get in shape and do good in schoolio!


-------

Take note to numbers:

6. Your song for 2008? - Disturbia, hands down! Best summer song of life!
15. Best decision made this year? Joining the gym!
16. What are your plans for next year? To do great in school/ get in shape/ go to MEXICOO!
25.New Years Resolutions? - Get in Shape

It's funny because when I start to lose my drive while working out, I play Disturbia over and over and over. This song is definitely one that still amps me up!

Joining the gym. My god, if I had never joined the gym, I'd probably still have that little big muffin top and be an unpleasantly plump prune!

Get in shape. To date, this is still a major plan at the beginning of every year.

Although much has changed since 2008, it's nice to know that at the end of the day, changes to a healthier and happier me are still a major biggie to my every day regime.


December 2008 - somewhere between 195lbs and 204lbs
 
December 2009 - unknown weight
 
December 2010 - 166lbs


December 2011 - 168-170lbs
December 2012 - 178lbs

And I can only hope that 'December 2013' will be the best one yet!


O Life!

Just thought I'd share that little one with you :)

Questions
1. Do you have a gym membership? Has it helped keep you motivated?
2. Has your life done a complete 180 in the last 5-years?

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing and actually made me weepy, just in a back in time weepy thing;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome to look back and re-live the good ol' days!

      I'll probably be like "wtf" in 2018 or something ... when I look back to 2013 and say 'what was I thinking?' :)

      Delete
  2. You're gorgeous! And you look great at every weight if you ask me :)

    ReplyDelete