Wednesday, November 6, 2013

#6. Document what I eat for ONE week to the exact

So yup, I did it!

One entire week of documenting what I eat. I actually didn't mind it because it definitely helped my eating stay on track. (Seeing how I knew it had to be posted).

Here goes..


Day 1 - Thursday, October 31st



Breakfast:Vanilla protein pancake scramble
Snack #1: Pear+ JIF peanut butter (100-cal pack)
Lunch: Chicken salad - 4-oz chicken breast, mixed pepper and onion, 1T ground flax, 1T chia seeds, 1/2-cup of shaved brussels sprouts, 1/4 apple, 1T maple balsamic vinaigrette


Snack #2: 3/4 apple  (large apple)
Pre-workout: 1/2 pack of Glazed Cashews + 1/2 banana
Post-workout: 2-tomatoes (I had 15 but fell asleep and didn't eat them)


Day 2 - Friday, November 1st


Breakfast: 1.5-cups of green juice + 1/2 of a vanilla protein pancake with 1T of pure maple syrup
Snack #1: 2 adventure 'ish' cookies
Post-workout: the other half of Glazed Cashews



Pre-Bed Snack: 1/2-cup of peanut butter granola, 1 adventure cookies, 1 granola square, 7 strawberries (I ended up eating 4/7 of the berries)


Day 3 - Saturday, November 2nd


Breakfast: Green juice + 1 adventure cookie
Snack #1: almond butter + 10 almonds (5 not shown)
Late Lunch: Fruit salad + 10 baby tomatoes
Pre-Drinking Meal: Not shown: 2 granola squares

11 beer..

Day 4 - Sunday, November 3rd




Breakfast: Vanilla protein pancake scramble
Snack #1: 10 almonds
Supper: 1 homemade pesto turkey burger + mixed peppers + 1-cup of sauteed broccoli
Snack #2: 1T of almond butter (not shown)
Pre-Bed Snack: 1 granola square + 1 handful of peanut butter granola


Day 5 - Monday, November 4th



Breakfast: vanilla protein pancake with 1/2T of sunbutter
Snack #1: 4-oz chicken w, srirachi hot sauce + 1-cup of sauteed broccoli
Snack #2: 2T of peanut butter granola + 1 granola square + 1 small apple (very hungry morning)
Lunch: Not shown: ice berg lettuce, 4.5-oz pork loin, mixed peppers, 5 baby tomatoes, 5 strawberries, 1T of hemp hearts, 1T of chia seeds
Snack #3: Not shown: 15 almonds



Day 6 - Tuesday, Novmber 5th






Breakfast: vanilla protein pancake + 10 strawberries (they were a lot smaller than they look in the above)
Snack #1: 10 almonds .. which turned into another 10 .. then a 5 .. then another 5 (I could NOT get full today. I was constantly holding my stomach in hunger)
Snack #2: Not shown: 4-oz of pork + an apple with pumpkin butter
Lunch: Big salad (same as yesterday)
Snack #3: vanilla protein cake (made in the microwave at work)
Supper: 4-oz of pork loin
Pre-Bed Snack: 1 chicken breast

Day 7 - Wednesday, November 6th



Breakfast: 6 strawberries + a mango/plain greek yogurt/vanilla protein pancake smoothie





Snack #1: 1/4 of a banana and a lot of peanut butter



Lunch: Pork-loin salad with fig balsamic

*Note: I obviously plan on eating a lot more today :) Perhaps a small finish up with a WIAW post tomorrow? (not promising anything ;) )


The Weekly Conclusions

  • some days I didn't eat much .. this is not not common for me .. I was off Friday through Sunday so with appointments, errands and just running around in general, I didn't find as much time as eat as I should have 
  • I need to start packing more snacks in my car because I always get super hungry on the drive home from work
  • Sunday was not filled with much food due to a killer hangover
  • I finished off all of the treats I baked last week
  • ugh, ate a smoothie this morning which I am not proud about. 1. the frozen mango definitely is not in my eating plan at the moment and 2. greek yogurt (dairy) is generally not in the mix either... but I had zero food to prep a breakfast (poor planning). I left everything in Pouch Cove and when I combined the ingredients for my morning pancake, I realized I didn't have any egg whites. Protein-filled breakfast = big fat fail (I only had a 1/3 of a scoop of vanilla powder, too)
  • protein pancakes are the biggest staple in my diet. If it was healthy to have one per meal, I most certainly would!
  • It seems as though the majority of my carbs are coming from my morning oats and my excessive fruit .. hmm..
  • I really need to cut back on my fruit intake. Fruit (sugar sugar sugar) definitely isn't working with flattening this tummy
  • I want to incorporate juicing into my Mondays-Fridays
  • I love srirachi sauce on chicken but it is crazy high in sodium! Like 150mg (7% of your daily) per 5mL. That's like a third of a tablespoon. Whoa!
  • Atleast 3-L of water was consumed each day (minus Sunday. Maybe 1 glass and 3 coffee - Bad.news.bears)
  • 2 redbull were consumed on Monday/Tuesday evening (I was death at work and needed my wings)
  • Atleast 1-XL Tim Horton's coffee was consumed each week days and a Starbucks Blond Roast on weekends/some week nights 
  • I'm addicted to peanut butters and almond butters and all kinds of nut butters. Yum! 
  • I feel thinner this week
  • I feel really good this week
  • I feel like I know how to make next week a better week just from re-reading the above
Over and out.


If you missed my morning post today, check it out at 'Try Something New' Tuesday


And remember, friends .. Your abs are in the kitchen!

 




Questions
1. Do you eat the same food daily?
2. What's your classic breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment