Saturday, November 23, 2013

Things I'm Lovin' Lately

Happy Saturday, friends! Hope everyone is having a delightful weekend!

Today I figured I'd write a little post on a few things that I'm lovin' lately.

Here goes..

Stuffed Sweet Peppers


I bought a bag of sweet peppers from Costco last week and they're actually delicious! I'm a huge fan of peppers anyway (I probably eat 2-3 raw peppers a day) but lately, I've been spicing them up. I started stuffing my peppers with pork loin (done in the slow cooker in pulled pork form) with some hot sauce. I usually weigh out 3-oz and stuff it in layers between the hot sauce, then eat it like a wrap. Omg, try it. You'll love it.

Powdered Peanut Butter


Sounds gross, right? I seriously doubted this when I was first offered a tasting. A girl at work buys this from the states and brings it back after turnaround. It's dried peanuts (ground texture) and you just add water to find the consistency you desire. I think it has something like 45-calories per 2T. I questioned this product and was convinced it had some sort of unhealthy additives .. but it doesn't. It's just ground peanuts.

Runkeeper



I've wanted a garmin for some time now but they're so pricey. Karla got one earlier this year and she swears by it. You can hook the garmin up to your computer and view all of your running statistics. It displays curves, graphs etc. Another co-worker suggested runkeeper for outdoor running. I downloaded the app for free and have fallen in love with it. I make sure to hit 'start' each and every time I set out. When you're finished, it highlights the course, gives you your statistics and saves your data to compare each run.

I've even received weekly notifications from the program. Ex. 'Last week at this time you thought it was a good time to to go for a run' (or something like that). Neat hey?


Glazed Almonds with cranberries & honey







Lover of almonds? Lover of sugar (9g/pack)? If so, try these. O my goodness .. they are to die for. I bought these at Starbucks twice this week and definitely had the pack finished in less than a minute. I'm trying to stay away from intense sugar but I always find myself in town with no food on hand. These almonds are sweet and salty and they leave me so damn satisfied. They come to $1.95 and are worth every cent!



Wool Socks



I'm actually obsessed with these manly wool socks. Chad gave me a pair last year and seeing how the cold temperatures are upon us, I've been wearing them everywhere. They work wonders in my work boots and I get to do those cool skids when I wear them on the laminate flooring. Cool, right?

Eggs with Spinach




I've taken a short break from my protein pancakes because my favourite recipe require oats and I'm cutting back on carbs (a little) until the shoot.

My new breakfast is 1 egg with 3 egg whites. . and then I started adding the spinach .. and Liquid Gold garlic-infused olive oil.  Holy delicious and o so filling.

Jwow Mad Hot Tingle Bronzer




Ok, so I feel weird blogging about tanner but I only had a few sessions left from the season and I needed something to accelerate my color. I bought this a few days a go, and though I've only used it once, it made such a difference to my color. I wanna look all perty next week with pictures so I'm hoping that a bronze goddess glow will give me just that. This stiff goes for 110.00 at Arizona Heat. (Obviously I bought it at 50% off). I like, I like.

Second Cup Limited Edition Maple Tea



So flavoured coffee and Victoria do not go hand in hand. I can't deal with the vanillas, cocoas, hazelnuts etc as I just strong, simple coffee.

Last night I was at Second Cup and noticed they had a limited edition maple flavour on brew. I'm a HUGE fan of maple and an even bigger fan of coffee (hence the coffee beans that display on the background of this blog) so I said I'd give it a shot.

Yup. New love! The coffee is a dark roast with just a hint of maple. You almost had to pay attention to take notice to the maple it was that discrete. So ya, hit up the drive-thru, break out your $2.77 and taste a little piece of fall!

Keurig Machine



Dear Keurig,

Where have you been all of my life? Why didn't I buy you months a go? Why didn't you tell me I spend far too much money on coffee and that you would provide me with all of the caffeine needs my little heart desires?

Yours truly,

Caffeine Junkie

Ps. Soon as I wake, I run to my keurig. It's like my new baby. <3


Questions
1. What are some things you're lovin' lately?
2. Have you tried any new Christmas blends?
3. Would you choose a keurig machine over a tassimo?

No comments:

Post a Comment