Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend - Friends, Family & Food

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Mine felt short-lived but it was still good.

Saturday after work,

After a sweat session, I headed to Allan's Annual Friendsgiving where he had a pot luck with the most amazing (looking) food!


Berry apple cinnamon desert
muffins
fried rice
ribs
potato sour cream (something? Looks good regardless)
Chili
 
 
Meatballs
Crackers and cheese
Banana pumpkin-frosted cupcakes
Chocolate cupcakes
White chocolate pumpkin spice cookies
Stuffed Pork
 
Unreal, right?
 
Everything looked amazing but I was glad Courtney showed up so that I had someone to refrain from eating with (minus cashews and an apple that I had packed)

I left kind of early because I was super tired, had a gym date  the morning and had a bunch of plans for Sunday.

Flash Back



Friendsgiving 2011


Friendsgiving 2012


Friendsgiving 2013
(red-eye and a tad blurred but you get the picture) <-- no pun
intended

 Day off
 
Bright and early 8-am rise to get this lazy-behind to the gym for an early morning workout! 

o the tired eyes

But before I headed out, I started the morning with some oatmeal and 1T of honey. Holy delish!



 
I was planning on a light jog to get my heart rate up but I ended up opting for a HIIT workout (high intensity interval training). I rarely run on intervals (though they've been suggested more than once). I didn't think I'd enjoy a non-steady jog .. but .. this was intense and I loved it.
 
I didn't know what to start with so I did a 1-minute speed walk on 4.2mph followed by a 1-minute run on 7.0mph. I continued on a 1-2 at a +0.2mph increase.
 
My thoughts on HIIT?
  • loved the workout
  • time flew
  • sweat like a beast
  • heart was in my throat
  • almost vomit (no joke)
  • walked away feeling like a champ
  •  
     
 
 
After some cardio, I joined Courtney for some weights. I didn't have much time so I targeted the areas that need a LOT of work. I completed:
 
4 x 30-seconds plank
2 x 1:00 side plank (both left and right)
4 x 15 bicycle crunches
5-minutes (400+ skips)
4 x 2:00 of bridge between crunch sets
 
 
 
Favourite Kind of Shopping
 
I love exercising early in the morning as it really kicks my day off to a good start!
 
After GoodLife, I headed to beat the Costco traffic and pickup some groceries.
 
 


Costco Grocery List

Coconut Oil (yum)
Spinach
Celery
Asparagus
Chicken Breast
Pork Loin
Cranberries
Strawberries
Lara Bars
Pure Protein Bars (for Karla)

And then it was off to Dominion to stock up on the foods I don't need in bulk.




Dominion Grocery List

2x50% off Stair Fry Mix
Brussels Sprouts
Lettuce
Green Onion
Apples
All-Natural Peanut Butter

After groceries, I did some running around in town and then headed to Starbucks for a late afternoon coffee before supper in Pouch Cove!



I'm glad that I'm not a huge fan of Sunday dinner so opting out of the trimmings wasn't so hard for me. I did however, get my sneaky little paws into the dressing (made with shaved carrots and celery. Amazing)

cutest baby loaf, ever!!

I didn't eat too much cause the guilt started to haunt me (minus the fact that I did eat a lot of turkey) so after I downed the dressing, I headed back to the gym seeing how I wouldn't be home in time to make it on Monday.

As I was walking in, I met Emily so we worked out together. I actually love working out with Emily. We usually do a workout once a week and I find we really push each other. *Hi, Yerma*





With regards to workouts, I definitely feel like I did well this weekend. 4 gym sessions in 3-days. I can live with that! I even got to sleep by 10:30-pm Sunday night. I'm pretty much awesome. Like so awesome. *insert wink*

..

And that's all she wrote (love saying that .. usually to myself .. )


Any good meals planned for this week?
Any workouts you'd like to share?
Any Thanksgiving stories?


No comments:

Post a Comment