Wednesday, October 16, 2013

DIY Portable Exercise Cards & Morning Glory Muffins



Ok, so I got some really good feedback from my motivation post last Tuesday and want to send a big thank you to those who messaged and spoke with me regarding the post.

It's definitely something that I find SO effective and I make sure that gal is just everywhere! .. god love her sex-pot bod!

Last weekend I decided to get crafty with that ol' laminate machine again (loves it!) and make some pocket size workout cards.

Do you find it annoying when you walk into the gym with your water bottle, iPod, magazine/book, handful of papers for your workout, pen to cross off what you did .. yadda yadda? Well, I do.

Do you ever plan on a leg workout, bring your scrunched up stack of papers and then decide you want to do a chest workout? O wait .. you can't because you left that workout at home.

Do you ever wanna get a quick workout in but the gym is closed and your only option is a home workout? O wait, you don't have all of the exercise equipment .. hmm .. maybe switch it up and do the exercises you can do without the fancy expensive equipment?

Try this..

 
1. Select the different types of exercises you enjoy, print and laminate..


2. Cut out all the exercises individually and purchase some book rings (Staples - $4.00)




3. Write the exercise title and repetition requirements on the back of the exercise card.



4. Punch holes in the cards.




5. Attach your new cards to the binder ring and go!



So, from here on out, I shall carry these portable workout cutouts so I have a something to go by where ever I end up.

I plan on keeping the card ring in my glove compartment so I always know where they are.

Perks
  • You can select your workout of choice in the morning and have it organized for when you head to the gym and/or your exercising area at home
  • Very portable
  • You can choose area targeted workouts or full body
  • You can always try something new

After you leave the gym with your portable little routine in hand, perhaps you could whip up a batch of Paleo Morning Glory Muffins..


Paleo Morning Glory Muffins

Ok, so I found this recipe on CNC and decided last night that I would finally give it a go. Karla and I always talk about the delicious healthy treats that CNC posts on her blog but it's rare that I find make time for baking.

While multi-tasking on Monday night (cooking/running), I whipped up a small batch of Morning Glory Muffins to see if they were as good as CNC says they are.



This recipe will definitely make it into my new recipe book. Yum!



Ingredients
1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of cashews
1/4 cup os honey
1/8 cup of shredded carrots
1/8 cup of almond flour
1/8 cup of coconut flour
1.5T of cinnamon
1.5T of vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder

*I altered the recipe by reducing the almond flour,adding coconut flour, substituting cashews for the walnuts and I went excess with cinnamon and vanilla extract*



Directions
  1. Pre-heat the oven on 350-deg F
  2. Grease a pan to reduce sticking
    • I used coconut oil to grease
    • I would not suggest using muffin cups as the honey would stick
    • I had no problems removing the muffins from the tray
  3. Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix
  4. Cook for 20-25 minutes
  5. Let cool and serve!




Yup, they were pretty damn good!



Ok, so if you attempt this recipe, don't expect to have some jaw-dropping O-m-f-g-these are deadly experience .. cause I mean look at the ingredients .. No sugar added, just natural sweetening. I thought the raisins and coconut gave it plenty of sweetness and I will definitely be making another batch in the near future. Yum.

O, and Karla said "they are soo good". Yup. She did.

Try them yourself and leave me some feedback, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Wow these portable exercise cards would be perfect for me right now. I just bought my first house and I am planning on turning an extra bedroom into a gym but I don't have any exercise equipment yet. I just have a big empty space. I am definitely going to make some cards up tonight. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Home Personal Training|Affordable Personal Trainers | find personal trainers|at home trainer | Personal Trainer Directory-USA - www.hometraininggroup.com

    Contact Us:>

    Address: 19 North County Line Road
    Suite 2B
    Jackson, NJ 08527
    Mail: Home Training Group, Inc.
    PO Box 7012
    Freehold, NJ 07728
    Toll Free: 800.979.4180
    Fax: 1.732.358.0368
    Main Office: 732.987.5294

    ReplyDelete