Saturday, October 19, 2013

High Protein Oatmeal Pancakes


Hi guys, just wanted to pop in with a quick recipe for you guys. I'll have a post later today from my second day in Halifax but it's a short one now cause we're off for another day of shopping.

Anyhow, I experimented with a new breakfast meal last week and definitely found a recipe I will be eating every day when I get home cause it is O so delish!!

Protein Oatmeal Pancakes





Ingredients
  • 1T of coconut oil
  • 1/3 - 1/2-cup of oatmeal (I used 1/3 last night and 1/2 this morning. 1/3 was less dry)
  • 1-scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (I used NutriWhey <--absolute best!)
  • 1/2-cup of egg whites
  • 1T of vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Grease pan with coconut oil
  2. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and mix
  3. Add to pan and let cook

*this cooks really quick so you don't even have to leave the stove
**the coconut oil gives the pancake so much flavour that you don't have to use a topping (but I bet syrup would taste deadly)
***I totally would have used cinnamon but I didn't have any at the house

This is the quickest meal EVER! Cook it .. eat it .. love it! I know you will!!

Happy Saturday, blogaroos!

No comments:

Post a Comment