Monday, October 28, 2013

A Crazy Halloween Weekend


Happy Halloween Week, Friends!

How was your weekend? Hopefully it was top notch, like mine! I worked on Saturday but had Sunday off so I didn't end up doing much.

I signed up for the Run to Remember last week and told Emily I'd start running with her. Without thinking before making that commitment, I kinda wondered if I could even do an 11km (6.83-mil) run myself, so I headed to the gym on Friday night to give it a go.

I decided to run at a nice pace so I could focus on distance rather than speed.


And I did it! 7-miles, no breaks, just a nice, clean jog. O, and a well-deserved post-shake!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sore on Saturday. I woke up feeling fine, but by 12-pm, my poor behind was quite stiff (and I loved it!). Saturday evening, I headed to the gym for a short 2-mile run. Courtney met me so we focussed on our chest and back and were finished in an hour.

I was supposed to go to a movie that night but I was super lazy-miss-daisy (as was someone else) so we decided to stay home, relax and be very 'blah'... And I loved it!

Sunday started out pretty healthy and happy (haha I laugh when I re-read how I type sometimes .. 'healthy and happy' she says). I promised I'd make Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes so with some 10-am team effort, that's exactly what we cooked! A certain lady cut a huge plate of fruit that was assembled with plates on the table before I even crawled out of bed. Spoiled, hey!?



My adventuring bestie had plans on having a large day on the dirt bikes (boys and their ramps, obv) and I had big plans of a 2-hour workout, so that meal was exactly what we both needed to get  energized. We brewed some pick-me-ups and were both on our way.


I had a TH cup in my car from a 'double cup' coffee the night before
Pre-riding

I made a half hour visit to see mom and then headed to thee gym for a 5-10-15-20-25-30 workout! :)





Hmm something seems fishy here .. she did an increment of 5 workout?

Is that what you're saying, Victoria?

Why yes, blog. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Ok, explain.


Sunday Workout

5-minutes - Stretching
10-minutes - Bike: Level 8, 2.62-miles
15-minutes - Treadmill: 4.0mph, 1-mile
20-minutes - Stair Trainer: Level 6, 92-flights walked
25-minutes - Strength Training: 4x10 bicep curls (40-lbs), 4x10 tricep dips, 5 center-left-center-right medicine ball incline sit-ups, 4x25 squats (60-lbs over shoulder), 4x8 push-ups
30-minutes - Jog on 5.0mph, 5.5mph. 6.0mph

I did exercises in between but would stop my timer. It was kind of just trail and error type moves .. trying to plan some new workouts for my week. Anyhow, it was a total sweat session and I definitely felt the after affects.

Before concluding, Courtney met me at the gym with a delivery. I've been so wanting to try some baked goods by the Protein Princess so when we left GoodLife, we headed to Supplement King for some goodies.



Verdict? Pumpkin spice cookie equals awesome! The coffee bar is being saved for breakfast some day this week.

I had one of two of the pumpkin spice cookies and was still really hungry. Luckily, I had some trail mix from mom that was left in the car.



I had lots of groceries left from earlier in the week so after Courtney and I departed, I headed to Pouch Cove for some meal-prep since no one was at dad's house (love love being home alone).

On the menu for this week

I took out some pork loin and chicken breast and threw it in the slow cooker (if you don't have one, get one).



And I've been on quite a pepper kick lately so I sliced up all of my peppers so I had some quick snacks at work.


I also diced enough for my quinoa salad.

I've been getting a little bored with eating plain quinoa day in and day out so I boiled some quinoa and wild rice (Costco, big bag, $9.99) and made a big quinoa and vegetable salad (balsamic as a dressing).


I've been having some sugar cravings lately so I decided to whip up a batch of granola for snacking on during the week (the sweetness of the coconut oil most definitely satisfies an ol' sugar craving) and I decided to test out my new pumpkin epicure seasoning seeing how 'tis the season.



I had brussels sprouts left from last week so I cooked a batch of garlic chicken with oven baked brussels sprouts. Very yum!



And got the lettuce ready for a heavy week of salads and new Liquid Gold balsamics! Yayy!




As soon as I finished cooking/picking at this post, my stomach started to growl. I had quite a few options but had also portioned and containered everything so I couldn't decide what to settle with.

With that, David text with a "did you eat supper?"
So of course I was all "ahh noo.. Can't decide what to have . dot dot dot"
And he's all like "You eating at your dad's house?"
And then I'm just getting frustrated cause I'm thinking 'hmmm, I'm hungry, David .. just get it over with and invite me over for supper!!!



And wadda 'ya know? Next thing, I'm sat with his fam, eating some pumpkin soup (my first time ever - o.m.g. yum) with rice crackers and red pepper hummus. I was soo satisfied and super glad I accepted the offer ;)

After supper, my sore body and lazy mind started to settle in so I called my Sunday quits at around 9:40 and got some shut-eye! O life :)

Well, I hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend! As you can tell from the title and the wild photos from this post, mine was off the charts!

Happy Sunday Night/Monday, Friends! :)

Questions
What did you do this weekend?
Have any exciting meals you're looking forward to this weekend?
Do you like pumpkin soup?

2 comments: