Saturday, October 19, 2013

Halifax Getaway - Day 2

Happy Saturday, guys! Hope you enjoyed my Day 1 post from Halifax. I sure enjoyed enjoyed writing it and I definitely enjoyed living it!

Before heading out last night, we all got quite the little head rush on to start our night off.

My travel companion :)



After a few drinks at the apartment, we headed to My Father's Mustache for a late supper and drinks.




We tried so hard to get a nice picture but Allan was going crazy snapping
them and making us laugh hysterically

This pub-style restaurant had a pretty wide variety but it mostly consisted of bar food. The crowd ordered an appetizer each and split them 4 ways.

Displayed are sweet potato fries w. a cajun mayo dipping sauce, a platter of onion rings/mozza sticks/potato skins, pulled pork nachos and spicy thai bites.

I may or may not ate 9 of the sweet potato fries. Oops.


I went with the blueberry brule salad which consisted of mixed greens, chick peas, cucumber, tomato, goat cheese and a blueberry yogurt dressing. I substituted a house maple vinaigrette for the yogurt dressing to save on the calories that I would later be drinking.



After the chowing down and drinking a little too much, we headed back to catch some shut-eye before day 2 of shopping.

I had big plans of waking up early and having a workout, but as expected, I lay in bed until 10:15-am and clenched my poor head in pain. Terrible terrible terrible. This is why I don't miss drinking (...but I do kinda).

Anyhow, after a quick banana, cup of lemon tea and shower, we headed out to the Halifax Shopping Center and got our starbucks / shop on! Fun!



I got some new American Eagle Jeans, 2 new pairs of boots from Aldo, some make-up from MAC and some chocolate brittle as a treat for David (though I know he's sweet enough) :)




After some spending, we headed back to Tiffany's apartment where I grabbed a quick snack and then  headed out for an early supper/late lunch at RockBottom Brewery.

10 almonds with some craisins to hold me over until lunch





I went with the spinach salad (hold the bacon) and a butternut squash cup of soup. Tif and Allan went with the grilled chicken panini and side salad and Ed went with the pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries.





Then it was off to Lulu Lemon for some major Christmas spending.


I bought some clothes for myself (that I'm thinking I may give to my mother as Christmas gifts for me-me-me) and some Christmas gifts for others.

I treated Tiffany to a pedicure back in September and she surprise treated me with a new pair of Lulu Lemon running shorts! Like helloooo ... awesome friends, right? (totally did not expect anything in return)



We were still pretty full after shopping so it was we went for a Starbucks stop (2.0) and a trot downtown to walk off our dinner.


ice green tea (hold the syrup)

some face on that little one, right?

It was getting a little chilly on the harbour front so we trotted back to the apartment. We had planned on getting a cab (feet hurting, breezy air) but we kinda bailed on that idea and ended up getting a little exercise in instead.

After we arrived home, I sat at the computer and began writing this post. I realized I had no substantial amount of exercise to write home about and was feeling a little embarrassed seeing how I drank way too many beer last night and may or may not have picked at some late night chips (shame.) So I headed to the downstairs workout room and punched out a 4.0-mile interval run and 15-minutes of weights. Yay!


I thought I'd have a tough go with running but it actually went rather well.

I started with 1-minute at 4.0-mph, then jogged for 3-minutes at 5.5-mph. I then walked at 4.0-mph for 1-minute then jogged for 3-minutes at 6.0-mph. I did this 3 and 1 right up until I was running at 8.0-mph and then I started to descend.

I worked up quite the sweat!












What your stomach should not look like when you're sat down.
Let the crunches begin!!

I have been debating doing the 30-day ab challenge ever since Kayla sent it to me on Wednesday. My mom has the 30-day squat challenge on her fridge and that's also a workout I've been debating for sometime. It looks like there isn't much to it but I usually bail on small challenges like this. I did some belly-examining while working out tonight and decided to give it a go (because I need to).


Day 1 - Done

Day 1 - Done

Anyways, I think it's time to grab a shower and head out. I am not drinking tonight and I will be making a point to eat something fresh and delicious! I'd like to wake up feeling as great as I feel at this very moment.

Happy Saturday, Friends :)

Have you considered doing the 30-Day Ab Challenge? 

Do you feel like you messed up your morning when you drink too much and wake feeling super hung over?

No comments:

Post a Comment