Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weekly Recap


Happy weekend everyone! Hope you all had a great Friday/Saturday.

I'm working this weekend so mine is a little 'meh' I guess .. but it is what you make it, right? Right!

I had the busiest week (work wise) this week and spent my week nights doing anything but workout. I didn't really get around to blogging though I definitely had some great ideas for upcoming posts (well, I think they're great).

So ya, here's a little insight on how my week went.


Weekly Eats


  •  apples w. all natural peanut butter (ma fav)
  • celery and baby tomatoes (Costco = yummiest)
  • pork loin and steak with all types of salt-free seasonings
  • ice berg lettuce w. mashed sweet potato and cut-up pork

  • NutriWhey protein powder mixed with egg whites and cinnamon
  • ground turkey with cumin and mixed vegetables
  • oats with egg whites and all natural peanut butter
  • turkey burger with spinach and sweet potato

My new weakness.
 
Weekly Workout Recap
 
Monday 
 
 3-mile run/1-mile walk in 42:12 on the treadmill at dad's house which wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Treadmill + Staring at a wall = not so much a time.



The sweat poured! It POURED I'tell ya

After my run, I was feeling super determined! I ran using interval speeds from 6.7mph-9mph (not including the 1-mile walked on 3.8mph) and I felt that I really challenged my running capabilities.

I blasted my music, kept repeating the classic "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you" and kept at it like a champ! .. and then continued outside ..



It was a super nice evening out so I went for a comfortable pace jog .. which turned into a Connor's Hill sprint because the air temperature dropped quick! (so many reasons why this picture should have been deleted the moment it was taken) 


 
I have given up my nightly post-workout caffeine intake but decided I deserved a late-night chamomile tea to de-energize (this puts me right to sleep - thankfully)
 
Tuesday - Off
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Off
 
Yup, that's right. 3-days off in a row. Honestly? I didn't eat like I should have, I didn't sleep like I should have, I looked like a mess every day at work, I drank very little coffee and yet I had the happiest week EVER! I even had one of those moments in my car where I thought 'God I love my life. Man, I have the best friends! Wow, I have the best people in my life' and then I started to wonder if I was on drugs .. cause it was actually Honda euphoria!
 
My goal was to have a stress-free week that was full of laughs each night when I got off of work. I wanted to take a break from this beating it to the gym .. bloodshot eyes at work ..  doped up on caffeine.. workouts morning and night .. constantly thinking about food and exercise... blah blah blah
 
Instead, I got off work .. went to Chapter's (again) on Monday, had a visit with dad, read some of my book, blogged (a little) and relaxed. Tuesday and Wednesday I had hangout nights with David where we  ticked a few tasks off the list and then just relaxed and told stories / enjoyed each others company (or at least I enjoyed his) <--ha, he definitely enjoyed mine.
David left for a week long moose hunting trip this morning and I leave for Halifax on Thursday so it was cool to just chill and be nobodies for a while.
 
Friday
 
It was time to get back on the workout train yesterday, and my darling, did it ever feel good. I didn't feel like I was starting from Day 1 again. Just refreshed and ready for change.
 
I generally stick with a: Chest/Back, Arms/Shoulders, Legs or Core & Conditioning Workout but last night, I decided to make it fun and incorporate all the muscle groups into my workout.
 

 
 
 
 You could probably cut the reps down on each exercise. You could even do only half of the workout and still burn some mad calories! I was working out for 1:08 at the gym and did a few exercises as supersets. I took some small breaks to write down my weights and get a drink.  But ya, great workout! Something I'll definitely be trying again (I'll probably combine every other exercise from my chest & back, arms & shoulder ... workouts)
 
After my workout, I had zero food on hand so I opted for a peanut butter crunch protein bar. Holy yum!  (I was planning on picking up some quick-grab energy treats for my little adventure buddies trip and I just couldn't resist!)

 
 
And I needed some almonds for myself and some trail mix ingredients so then it was off to Bulk Barn.
 
Jumbo raisins, raw unsalted cashews, greek covered peanuts,
raw unsalted almonds
 
And then to Pouch Cove for a delivery and an early night for Miss Wade !!
 
 
Ok, healthy treats and maybe some 'not so' healthy treats
(I was in a Halloween mood) :)
 
Saturday
 
I feel great today at work (doing some blog picking through breaks) and my eating is definitely back on track. I drive with Karla each day and she is having a great week of strength training and running so this is definitely impacting how my mind is working.
 
I plan on doing 45-minutes of cardio tonight and maybe another all-over workout. Who knows.. I really haven't decided yet.
 
 
If you ever have any questions on the exercises that I list on my blog, feel free to email your questions or comments to minusthirtythreeplease@gmail.com or simply leave something below.
 
Happy Saturday my darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment