Monday, October 7, 2013

A lazy yet productive beginning of October & Last Weeks Workouts

Morning friends & a very merry second week of October!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and plan on having an even better week. I was off all weekend so I had my days filled with productive tasks that I knew would leave me feeling self-served and on top of the world! (O happy days .. as you can tell)

Before I ramble on with my diary of my weekend, here's a little recap of last week's workouts..

Monday
4.54-mile night run in Pouch Cove

Tuesday
1.25-mile at 4-am before work (Pouch Cove, obviously)


20-minutes on the StairMaster after work
1:03 Arms & Shoulders workout
1.75-mile night run in Pouch Cove

Wednesday
25-minutes on the StairMaster after work
10-minutes on the treadmill (2-10-incline, 4mph)
1:00 Chest & Shoulders workout

Thursday
2-mile Run

Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Listed below


*New tactic for running: Sleep at David's house in the night and leave my car at my dad's house. How will I everrr get home at 4-am? hmm I don't know .. RUN! Meow.

I got off work on Thursday evening and started my crossing the of the list. First stop, Chapter's for Starbucks and a new book.



I was on the hunt for David Pelzer's 'A Child Called "It" '. It's a story of a boy who spent his childhood being verbally and physically assaulted by his mother. It walks you through the details of a child who was beaten, starved and tortured by an alcoholic. He has written three books about this ordeal and they were suggested as a 'must read' last week.




I finished 'A Stolen Life' earlier this week (yayyy, it took me less than a week) so I decided to follow the autobiography trend. A Child Called "It" was such a 'can't put down' that I ended up starting and finishing it in 2-days. Now I have to pick up the sequel, The Lost Boy.

[image source]

I also bought my first Christmas gift! Fun, right?I can't tell who it's for or what it is cause this person is a reader of my blog.

dun dun dunnn


And just when you thought my Chapter's visit couldn't get more exciting, you find out that I also bought my first official recipe book! I plan on transferring all of my recipes over to this big black book of recipes.



I headed to the gym for a short workout after my caffeine kick and then I was off to bed by 11:00-pm and prepping for my Friday off.

Saturday

I woke at around 8:30-am and was feeling so so rejuvenated. I'm really trying to take my sleeping seriously when I'm on turnaround. I sometimes forget how good it feels to sleep 8+ hours. Luxurious almost.

I started my morning with my classic 1/2-cup of oatmeal, 1/3-cup of egg white, all natural peanut butter mixture. Yum.



And then was off to my 9:00-am 1-hr massage. (Awesome way to start my day, hey?)




After my massage, I went for a quick 35-minute cardio session at the gym. I used the cross-trainer and then headed home to shower before my final sitting of my tattoo.



Before


Sitting 1
my back looks haggered and manly here.. ew


Sitting 2


After my tattoo, I had planned on heading back to the gym for some strength training but my shoulder was way too sore. I opted for a hair cut instead.




 I got home at around 5ish, went back to the gym and then headed to Starbucks for some reading/blogging.

Initially I had planned on going to bed after my date with Starbucks but I ended up doing some catching up with a long lost neighbor. We stayed up chatting in the shed for hours .. which lead to sipping on moonshine while we told stories and had laughs. Needless to say, I did not get to bed at my scheduled time. I did however, punch 8-hours! Score! I woke up at lunch time and met up with Val for a catch-up!

We headed to the classic BP and sipped on waters while discussing our week/weekend plans.


I had the spinach salad with an added chicken breast. It was to die for and I polished off every last bite!

After lunch Val and I headed to Chapter's to pass some time, and then we were off to the movies. We saw the movie Prisoners.


[image source]
I had to add this picture because it was so damn creepy.

[image source]

 
 Prisoners was over 2-hours long but it was suchhh a good movie. I actually didn't want it to end.
 
After the movie, Val and I went our separate ways and I headed to the gym to meet Samantha for an arms and shoulders workout. The workout consisted of:
 
1. Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
 
[image source]
 
2. Dumbbell Side Laterals
 
[image source]
 
3. Hammer Strength Military Press
 
 
[image source]
4. Bent Over Rear Delt Flys
 
 
[image source]
 
5. Smith Machine Behind the Back Shrugs
 
[image source]
 
6. Dumbbell Curls
 
[image source]
 
7. Rope Press Downs
 
[image source]
 
8. Straight Bar Curls
 
[image source]
 
9. Straight Bar Cable Press Down
 
[image source]
 
 
After some strength training, I finished up with a little cardio.
 

25-minutes on the StairMaster and 10-minutes on the treadmill
I can't lie, I was pretty womped after my workout on Saturday and couldn't wait to lay low for the rest of the evening.
 
After the gym, I headed to visit dad for a bit and then it was off to bed to read my book. I fell asleep at 10:00-pm (go me!)
 
Sunday
 
Sunday started with a 9-am rise and a 25-minute cross-trainer/25-minute core workout with Courtney. We tend to lay in bed on Sundays and text on what time we should meet at the gym. Today we gave ourselves 15-minutes to gobble down oatmeal and planned to meet at 10 to get a good start to the day.


 


We cut our core workout short because Moksha had a 12-pm class and Courtney had never tried Hot Yoga. I must say, it was quite the nice change for a Sunday afternoon. We sweat buckets and got the best stretch ever!!
 
After yoga, I headed home and passed out for 3-hours. Holy smokes, I must have been exhausted because I feel like all I did was sleep this past weekend. I definitely needed it and know that all that sleep will definitely start my week off well!
 
When I woke, it was time to prep, cook and get ready for my luches (with a 45-minute/3-mile walk on the treadmill at dad's house while everything was cooking).
 

Ground turkey with minced garlic, yellow and orange
bell peppers, zucchini - all cooked in a little coconut oil
and cumin (yummy taco-tasting)

Cold pepper and zucchini quinoa salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
I also added a little white wine vinegar and olive oil once
I portioned the servings (just had to be done)

Did you know that if you place a wooden spoon over the top
of your pot while boiling rice or quinoa, that it won't boil
over? O, you did? I guess it was just me.
Thanks, Blair!


And there you have it. Such a low-key yet productive weekend, hey? Worked out like a semi-ninja, got drunk and caught up with an old friend, slept a ton, ate a ton, went on a BP date, went to a movie, did some Christmas shopping (picked up my Christmas paper on Friday), went grocery shopping, started and finished a book in 3-days and went to bed feeling a champ!
 
So ya, hope you did the same and Happy 2nd Week of October my lovelies! *Insert smile here*
 
Good night!
 
I shall leave you with my motivational quote of the day
 
Funny Fitness quote: Suck it up now and you won't have to suck it in later (motivation, inspiration, words, inspirational, inspiring, motivating, help, feel-good, happy, good, great, do it, change, life)
I actually have this written on the back of one of my little motivational print-offs. Heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment