Friday, October 18, 2013

Weekend Getaway in Halifax - Day 1


Greetings from Halifax, Friends! Allan, Ed and I are here in Halifax for the weekend getaway. We landed last night for a little getaway to visit our two favourites, Tiffany & Stephen! Yayy *smile*.

Day 1 started out perfect! I got a wake-up call from Tiffany at 8:10-am for a mid-morning sweat session. We had plans for a day of shopping so it was nice to get our metabolism on kick first thing in the morning.

There is a small workout room in the apartment building so it was ideal to jump out of bed and go! We combined some arms/shoulders, chest/back, legs and core for a 1:04 workout.




After breakfast, we headed upstairs to grab a quick snack before heading to the Mic Mac mall for a small shop. We're heading to the Halifax Shopping Center tomorrow so today we decided to get the MicMac and Dartmouth Crossing out of the way.



Tif and I both enjoyed a post-workout morning shake to replenish the ol' bods! I added 4 ice cubes, 1-scoop of Whey Protein, 1/2-cup of frozen strawberries, 1T of peanut butter and water. Tiffany added a little skim milk to hers and it tasted much better. I also had a nice morning cup of honey lemon tea.


And then we headed out.

Let the shopping begin!


And you know Allan and I have to start our morning off with a morning Starbucks visit!




After coffee, we split up. We didn't end up buying as much at the Mic Mac as we thought but I did end up getting a couple Christmas gifts at Garage and H&M.

After an hour and a half of shopping, we started to get a tad hungry and had lunch plans at Moxie's. We ate there Day 1 of our visit last year and today they seated us at the same table. . . we got excited (it's the simple things)




They offer a pretty wide variety of meals so it was kinda difficult to decide what was best to order. I generally order a salad where ever I go and it's more commonly than not, a classic spinach. All of the salads at Moxie's sounded delicious so I had a hard time deciding.



For a starter, Allan and Tiffany had the mosaic dip to start while Ed and I had a nice cold beverage.
(yup, that beer is mine. And it was good. And I felt it as I walked to the washroom. Whoa!)


I decided on the citrus anugula salad with chicken which was absolutely delicious!

I was the first to dig in and the first to finish!

citrus anugula salad, steak, stuffed potato & veggies, Asian
salad and the signature quesadilla with a fresh spring salad

Moxie's is decently priced, too. It's kinda similar to Boston Pizza (or a little higher).




 I've only had Moxie's 3 times, but it's definitely a place I'd make a point to go if the area offers it.

After lunch it was off to Dartmouth crossing for some shopping at Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Repbublic and RW & Co.

I actually got so many Christmas gifts at DC! I'd show my purchases but I wouldn't wanna get away the surprises!



Now I sit at the kitchen table typing this post and drinking the beer I've previewed below (actually, I'm on my second and that was the first) and now we're headed out for pub grub and more beer (1. I hate that term 'pb' and 2. I will be getting a salad where ever we end up but I'll also be drinking beer <- when in Rome, right?)




Anywho, we're off for night drinks and laughs.

Happy Friday, Friends! Have a great night and an amazing weekend! Love

What are you Friday night plans?
Do you think it's too early for Christmas shopping?
Do you find it hard to eat well while you're out of the city?

1 comment: