Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Weekly Workout/Meal Prep/Hot Smokin' Date/AWESOME TUESDAY

Might have had a low week in the mood department, but it was definitely a top notch week in the exercising department!!

Last weeks workouts went as follows:

Sunday - Leg Workout / Running
Monday - Day off 
Tuesday - Day off
Wednesday - Run/Walk/Upper Body

Thursday - Chest & Arms w. Rob

(8:56pm cause I didn't capture
the image from my clock until
Thursday evening .. fyi)

Friday - Back/Run w. Rob


Saturday - Swimming


48 laps (24 from end to the other, then back) and 5-minutes of treading water.
6-front crawl
6-breast stroke
6-back crawl
6-flutter kick with a board
5-minutes treading water
REPEAT (minus the 5-minutes treading water)
in 40-minutes 

Hot diggity in her new speedo swim suit ;)

swimming kicked my ass so bad that I drank 4-L of water in
the 40-minutes of pool time. Whoa!


With regards to eating, last week definitely wasn't my finest. But, you already know that. I drank beer alone on Friday (and loved it) and then had a small housewarming on Saturday (drank WAY too much). Sunday was a 'day in bed watching Netflix' and eating chili, snacking on cookies and putting zero nutrition into my body.

Luckily, I have so much good food left from the housewarming that I won't need to buy vegetables from now until Christmas.

So Monday is 'new start, new Victoria' day. And I decided to start with my classic pancake breakfast (minus the oats as I didn't think I needed the carbs), a 1/2 a banana (cause whoa! cutting fruit out pre-photoshoot was O so hard).



Also, note the multi-vitamin, iron supplement (I lack), vitamin C, and antibiotics.

After breakfast, I took a shower to wake up and then I got back in my bed to read my book for 50-minutes (I even timed it).

After my reading, I prepared a few things for healthy eating this week. Cause I'm sticking to healthy reading, remember?

First up,

4 Ingredient Nacho Brussels Sprouts <-- I know, I know .. what's healthy about that you're probably thinking, right?


Ingredients

Brussels Sprouts
2tbsp of Epicure Nacho Seasoning (low salt, 30-cal per tbsp, 1g of sugar per tbsp, 4-carbs per tbsp)
1tbsp of Chipotle Garlic Infused Olive Oil
1 egg

Directions

1. Shave brussels sprouts and add to a medium size bowl



2. Add egg, olive oil and nacho seasoning to bowl


3. Mix ingredients thoroughly and add to pan on low heat



4. Serve hot, or container for lunches! Like me :) Yum!!

After my brussels sprouts, I sliced up some sweet potato so I could make some garlic sweet potato wedges for lunches, also... which would later turn into supper.




And then I sipped a new pre-workout and headed for the gym.



I started my workout on the treadmill. I did a light comfortable jog, intervaling with a light walk and finished with a swift 2-minute run. Totalling 3+ miles in 40-minutes.

3.8mph - 2-minutes
5.0mph - 10-minutes
3.8mph - 2-minutes
5.0mph - 10-minutes
3.8mph - 2-minutes
5.0mph - 10-minutes
3.8mph - 2-minutes
8.0mph - 2-minutes 



After my cardio warm-up, I was in the mood for some weight lifting so I consulted with Rob (he was working) and then did the following:



I completed 3-sets of 10-reps of each exercise (minus the mountain climbers)

1. 3x10 skull crushers - 30-lb bar
2. 3x10 bicep curls - 40-lb bar
3. 3x12 mountain climbers - using the bosu ball
4. 3x10 / arm dumbbell rows - 30-lb dumbbell
5. 3x10 dumbbell chest press - 25-lb dumbbell
6. 3x10 side lateral raises - 15-lb dumbbells
7. 3x10 dead lifts - 80-lb bar 
8. 3x10 leg press - 270-lbs

Yup, I  definitely left the gym feeling pretty tough. It was a good feeling, I must say!

After a quick coffee and some blogging at Starbucks, I headed home for a quick protein shake because my stomach was starting to munch on itself (that sounds disgusting).



After my protein-upper and a quick shower, I hit for the kitchen for some cooking and wine drinking.




I had a little dinner date planned and had to get my Martha on!



  • nacho cheese seasoned brussels sprouts (Epicure, I love you)
  • hot 'n' spicy mashed carrot
  • spinach salad
    • nuts
    • raisins
    • pomegranate seeds
    • baby tomatoes
    • blackberries
  • hot 'n' spicy sweet potato wedges

  •  red wine
  • white wine
  • bruschetta chicken bake
  • bread rolls
  • Liquid Gold White Cranberry & Coconut Balsamic Vinaigrette

my lovely plate :)

So ya, here I am, happy as a little bird. I slept terrible last night and my eyes are so heavy that they feel tender .. but I really wanted to share all of that with my favourite people. The readers.

I had a good day at work. I went in with a positive attitude, walked out feeling self-served (one word or two?) and satisfied. I worked my hardest and I said many 'thank yous' and received many 'thank yous'. 
I took the necessary measures to learn what I needed to do to get ahead in the new department. It worked out well. 

I voiced my opinions with the co-worker (you know who I'm talking about) and
1. we got along great
2. he really showed me a lot
3. he helped me reach a comfortable level with my tasks in the workplace

I ate very clean & Drank tons of water & Took my vitamins.

yay yay yay!

Today has turned into tonight, and  I hope to do a good deed for someone other than myself.

I wanna finish this day like a champ!

I'm starting with trying something new for Tuesday.. can you guess what it is? (starting as in the champ part .. obviously me eating isn't benefiting anyone but myself)


..finishing this post, starting my fourth litre of water (my body is super dehydrated today), relaxing, not stressing about workouts and catching up on my bloggy blog!

Done.

Questions
1. How has your week started?
2. What do you do to ensure your day begins and ends exceptionally?
3. What's a good deed you've done for someone lately?

Ps. I generally end a post with my questions but I have to give a brief description of how doing good for another, never goes unnoticed. 

So, like I mentioned earlier, I had a little supper date last night. Overall, we had a fantastic evening (white wine white wine) and I was given more credit than I deserved. Tonight, I drove home rather slow, as the roads were slippery and the fog was thick as milk. I drove up my road, only to notice the two neighbors out shoveling their driveways like savages. I also noticed that mine was a breeze to sail  in. Yup, a very thoughtful supper-date-friend came over after work and completely wiped out my driveway!! Isn't that the nicest? 

Now, I'm not saying go do a deed so you get something in return .. but it just goes to show that no good deed goes unnoticed. 

Anyhow, gotta give credit where credit is due!!

Thank you thank you and good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment