Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Cantankerous Face Condition & WIAW (What I Ate Wednesday)

Happy Thursday, Guys!

How's your week going thus far?  I've been off for the last 2 days with a lymph node infection and soaking up every spare moment possible. It's actually the most uncomfortable feeling to have people give your face the stink eye .. but I've been getting a lot of sh*t done so it's all good! Remember back in July with I looked like someone doused a cigar on my face? Ya, that's what I look like again. I went to the doctor yesterday and got two different medications to rid the infection so hopefully I'll be feeling up and on the go in a week or two (the last took like 19 days I think?)

July, 2013
Though I've been feeling like garbage, I didn't let it ruin the last two days. I got so much done yesterday and was awake ay 7-am this morning, eating my fav pancakes by 8-am and then stood in the Atlantic Place GoodLife by 9:30 (1. Rob and I met up at that location to switch up the atmosphere and 2. I had never worked out at Atlantic Place).

Since this is my blog and I can say whatever I want, I'm gonna recap yesterday - My Day 1 off of work (cough cough - hashtag sick girl) and a food description to make it all 'What I ate Wednesday' and stuff.

Wednesday morning started with a 10-am wake-up (sleep in kinda day) and a quick black French Roast coffee brewed home. I felt absolutely terrible and grabbed my things so I could get to the doctor asap.

I had my breakfast while I drove to town. Breakfast today was 1 steroidal apple from Dominion. It was a gala apple that was huge and so frigging tasty!


And a Clif bar.



I went to see Dr. Adam's and was honestly in and out in 15-minutes (quickest ever). After my appointment, I headed to Starbucks/Chapter's to Christmas browse and grab a coffee.



 I want all of those pillows and throws for my house .. Starbucks has the nicest home decor, doesn't it?


And Christmas-colored kitchen essentials (minus the essential part).


And lots of chocolate that I just wanna eat until I get sick. And then I'll start to feel better. And then I'll dig into some more .. further getting sick again. O starbucks life ..

Isn't it all so pretty? Maybe it's just me .. but Chapter's at Christmas time is the absolute best!


Wakey wakey, princess ..you get that venti blonde roast into ya..

I had a lunch date with Karla at 12:30 at Boston Pizza so I headed there early so I could sit, sip  make lists and read.


And then I noticed that a 6-oz glass of wine was on for 6.95 so I had to just had to ..


Karla just got back from Germany so we had SO much to catch up on! I hadn't seen her in 2-weeks so I was pumped for stories. She said that she had eaten a ton of German dishes in the last week so we both decided on something green.


Karla went with the chipotle chicken salad and I had the crispy pecan chicken salad with grilled chicken rather than fried, feta cheese rather than mozza/chedder and olives rather than bacon bits (weird sub, I know). I have a confession though .. this salad comes with a ranch and I completely forgot to sub out for a balsamic .. ugh .. not that it stopped me from eating every leaf of lettuce ..



YUM! 


Before leaving BP we exchanged a few things.

Karla brought this back from her trip. It's actually colored almond paste done into fruit shapes. Cutest gift EVER and O so relish!



After Karla and I said our goodbyes, I headed to Costco for some Christmas decorations / Chips for Saturday.


And then to Michael's for some more decorations ..


I was starting to feel a little weak so I headed home to take it easy and made a pit stop at the pharmacy to get my prescription filled / pickup a little alcohol for Saturday night.


When I got home, I decided it was time to assemble the Christmas tree and the new fire place that I got earlier this week (thanks, mom - she picked it up and delivered it) so I started on that. I was told I should get a 'man' to help. Ahhh nope! Did it all by myself :)





(assembled picture to come .. gotta put the tv on 'er)

I started to get a little 'nibbley' after my man-handling and still wanted to get a gym session in so I cooked up my fav meal to fuel.





And then I was off to the gym for a 30-minute run, 15-minute walk and the rest upper body.



And then followed up with vanilla protein shake (powder + water + ice cubes)



I got home around 11 and decide to have a Dexter evening while laying in bed and eating snacks a.k.a greek yogurt + 2T peanuts + 2T apple walnut granola + 2T of raisins



And then the chubby bunny decided to go for a second helping .. except this time it was cocoa chips and peanuts. Oops..


Now it's Thursday night and I'm still going strong! I'm sitting at Starbucks, sipping a skinny peppermint mocha latte, listening to songza indie music and bopping around while enjoying the company of my Thursday companion, Robert (as we both blog)!

On the agenda for tonight? Blog, read, watch Dexter and relax!

I'll report back later!

Chow chow, friends!


Questions
1. Do you ever feel the need to nibble when watching tv?
2. Are you all ready for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment