Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Move, Eat, Repeat (plan?)


Isn't that statement powerful? Or is just me? Perhaps it is .. but I haven't been able to stop saying those words in my head for like a week now.

Anyhow, greetings from Starbucks on a Tuesday night. I've been here since 6:50-pm and feel like I've accomplished nothing .. aside from a 'try something new Tuesday' post that I just published (go me!) I probably should have made it a double 'try something new' post as I'm sitting in the corner sipping a skinny peppermint mocha latte (130-calories) <--yiahhhh

Ps. Totally posting this tomorrow so don't mind the writing in past tense.



Side Tangent: there are 3 12-15 (guesstimating) girls sat diagonal of me and I really wanna snap a picture of them but can't .. cause 1. that's probably illegal to some degree and 2. that's super creepy.
Anyways, they're sipping identical orders (mocha frappachinos), eating the same brownies and all have curls. They're like the crew from Mean Girls .. is it weird that I wanna sit with them? Ok .. now they're sipping in synchronization .. and now I just hit the hash-tag creepy level.


Moving on ..  I thought I'd stop in an give you guys a breakdown grocery run for my week .. and a few 'eats' I've had so far.

Breakfasts

vanilla protein pancakes are obviously back on the go


apples & cashew butter .. hello

vanilla coconut pancakes w. vanilla greek yogurt


Lunches


Salad - mixed vegetables/fruit w. pork loin done in the slow cooker


Salad - iceberg lettuce, 5 blackberries, 5 baby tomatoes, avocado & sliced
ground beef done in the slow cooker (Thanks, Jeanine)


Snacks

Lousiana Hot 'N Spicy pumpkin seeds & clementines 

Black bean tortilla chips

I went grocery shopping on Saturday and bought enough to feed a school. Not even kidding.


Ma Meats



Chicken and pork loin (obv)
  • I plan on having pork-stuffed peppers and chicken salads this week!


Extra-lean ground beef (couldn't flip the picture for some reason..)
Vegetables


Iceberg Lettuce
Broccoli Slaw
Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet Potato
Cucumber
Brussels sprouts
Celery
Sweet peppers
Butter-cup squash (what?)


Fruit


Tomato (yes, it's a fruit)
Blackberries
Clementines
Apples
Pears
Pineapple

Cheats & Treats




Organic apple walnut granola
Vanilla & honey greek yogurt (I know, I know .. sugar)
Fruit Crunch
Black Bean Tortilla Chips

Clif bars

Note: Don't really know how I feel about all of the above .. I've only had one clif bar and some vanilla yogurt since groceries on Saturday.



Miscellaneous




Kraft peanut butter
  • for baking since I only have all-natural pb and almond butter (Val had quite a scare when she saw the oils in the natural butters)
Apple Sauce
  • for baking in substitution of sugars
Popcorn
Almond Milk (Chocolate & Vanilla)
Garbanzo Beans
  • for hummus & dips
Diet Pepsi
  • for Christmas and so are other selections than water when I have guests
Pure Pumpkin
  • because fall is almost over
  • because I wanna use pumpkin to bake
  • because I've never tried pure pumpkin

Essentials (not really though)



Ya, so I'm hoping I have enough groceries to do me until Christmas ... quite excessive, hey?

Anyhow, time to making some weekly lists...cause I'm that cool.

Toodles :) <-- funny word, right?

Questions
1. What's on your grocery list this week?
2. Have you ever bakes with pure pumpkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment