Sunday, December 15, 2013

I'm so all over the place

Hey hey hey! Just wanted to stop in for a quick weekend hellooo! I haven't been writing much lately because I've been trying to get to bed earlier in the nights seeing how I'm constantly exhausted (blood work is coming).

Anywho, just wanted to recap my pumping Saturday night and see how everyone elses weekend is. Like the title says, this post is soooo all over the place. But I don't care..

Saturday after work, I was planning a workout but I decided to get groceries instead. The gym closed at 8 and I didn't get back to town until almost 7. I tried to justify it by telling myself that I needed to straighten out the physicals, and that would get me in a positive mindset for eating and exercising. I had very little groceries and I still had 5 days left of work. I had no poultry and was OD'ing on protein powder to get my protein. Not good. Definitely not even close to natural. My house was also a mess!! It actually deserves wayyy more exclamation marks. Worst. O, and I needed to empty the dish washer/re-load, empty the dryer/fold, wash more clothes and tidy the back of my car.

So .. though Costco was closed (rattled since I needed my lovely little egg whites), I headed to Dominion.





On the grocery list
bananas
apples
Chinese bean sprouts (wtf?)
romaine lettuce
spaghetti squash
avocado
field cucumber
mushrooms
sweet potato




egg whites
whole eggs
honey greek yogurt (this was on sale so I tend to avoid the sugars on the bottom)
shrimp ring (it's Christmas)
pork loin chops
COD (yup, gonna give this sucker a try)




simple lunch pre-made salad
olives
roasted red pepper hummus
vegetable hummus
tzatziki

Ok, not sure what your thoughts are, but I only paid like $70.00 for all of that! That's a steal for groceries, correct? I thought so anyway.

After I left Dominion, I headed home to get some things done. My eating has been a little all over the place so I decided to make a healthy weekly casserole of some sort.

Choice? Vegetable Pesto Spaghetti Squash. Ha, totally winged this but it turned out a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Like, amazing! (I probably always say that .. it doesn't take much to please me in the food department). The recipe you ask? O, ok. Here goes ..


Vegetable Pesto Spaghetti Squash



1. Cut a spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Bake squash in oven on 350-degrees for approximately 30-minutes.




2. While the squash is baking, cut up some vegetables of choice (I used mushrooms, red and orange peppers, broccoli slaw, Chinese bean sprouts and green onion) and mix in 1-2T of Epicure seasoning and 2T of lemon infused olive oil [you could definitely use extra virgin olive oil. Emily stocked my cooking cupboard with some new treats :) ]




3. Saute your selection on the stove top.




4. Then using a spoon, scoop out the inside of the spaghetti squash until all the noodles/strands have been completely removed from the outer layer.







5. When the squash has been scooped out and the vegetables are cooked, add to a casserole, mix and serve! Yum :)




And now I have lots of meals that are healthy and delicious! I waste SO much food but have recently made it a point to reduce greatly .. so this means I'll have to eat it allllll!!


Moving on ....

After cooking, I grabbed a shower, did my laundry, did the dishes and was in bed by 9:36-pm! Bam! And that's how it's done, friends! (minus touching the back seat of my car that is covered with gym clothes - yes, both clean and .. not so clean) .. "omg, Vic is sooo gross". O shush!!

So, about that skipping the gym (cough again cough) thing. What are your thoughts on structure in correlation to chores? If you have a messy house, so many little tasks you've lost count, have been eating half bad and know that when you get home you'll have no supper nor lunch ... are you generally more inclined to have a poor workout?

I find when I have my chores done, my meals prepped and a plan, that I'm more likely to have a deadly workout. When all is failing, I feel like a slob, who just wants to skip everything and go to sleep in the hopes that the morning will be better. Poor attitude, I know. 

So today came. Big bad Sunday. I woke up early, got my coffee and ate like a champ all day! I got lots done (but was still a little tired).

Check out this HUGE apple that I had before lunch .. oops


this.was.massive

And I got a present at work from my amazing boss and his awesome wife (Hi, Tobi). He's technically my x-boss but he's still my favourite and I don't like the 'x' -part!





Some random thoughts (cause that's what I have to result in when I have nothing interesting to say):
  • I wanna shave the underside of my hair. I'm constantly googling the scrillex look. Love love love!
  • remember that beautiful handmade pillow I ordered a few days a go from Feeding the Orphans? Well I ordered another one (ordering one didn't seem right) and then my mom got me to order her two! Isn't that awesome? That's $40.00 for the ladies who make them. Makes me feel so tingley inside 
  • Lorde finally released the song Team. Absolutely obsessed with her album! Love
  • I need to step up my cardio. I miss the treadmill O so much
  • everyone in the office ate Mary Brown's today. I had pesto spaghetti squash. I'm ok with this though
  • I'm definitely gonna follow all the tips I left a few days a go on eliminating holiday weight gain .. BUT, I kinda-really-wanna make a 'set' schedule of workouts .. but I'm afraid of being over-optimistic. Then getting rattled. Then eating nanimo bars for breakfast .. we'll see, we'll see
  • Ok, it's a little early but I'm starting some Ireland planning as soon as the new year hits! I've already got lots in mind ..  (waves at Rob)
  • I need to shave my legs

So, seeing how I've given you my grocery list, told you I washed a damn dish, shared a 'winged' recipe, was vein and showed a gift and had a little rant, I figured I'd leave you with a list of some things that this princess is loving lately.

anddddddd ... GO.

Paradox Thermal Shirts




Omg, guys! These Paradox shirts are my absolute favourite. I've posted pictures of myself wearing the blue one in the past but I just had to buy the other two. I'm not a huge fan of pink but for $14.99, I couldn't go wrong .. Costco, baby!

These shirts are warm, comfortable and affordable! I have the grey pants, also :)


David's Tea




David's Tea are a win win always! I drink it regularly but Karla left me this variety pack when she left and I'm havin' a tymeeee 'on da tea'. Loves.

Lulu Racer Backs




So I have 8+ racer backs from Lulu but none with a real design. Val surprised me with this reversible racer when she got back from Florida/New York and it's my new favourite! O, and it's reversible (so I can trick the boys at the gym) dun dun dunn..

Heritage Pumpkin Scented Soy Candle




I was so disappointed with my experience at Target. Maybe it was my mood? I don't know, but I found the store far too overwhelming and scattered. You actually needed a day to cover all of the departments. After spending maybe 20-minutes there, I walked out with Christmas tags and a heritage pumpkin candle. Omg. The candle.. The candle is the nicest smelling candle I've ever lit in my LIFE! No joke .. it puts me in a very 'zen' mood haha (I know, it's all in my head) <-- wannabe yogi here.


Louisiana Hot & Spicy Epicure Dip Mix




I started putting this seasoning on like everything!! I stocked the cupboards with a Christmas order for cooking and baking in the new year. You're probably bored with reading about my love for this, but  I just can't help it.

Merry 25th Christmas, V
To: Victoria
From: Victoria

'hope you've been good' ;)


EAT PRAY LOVE




And I already decided that I'm not watching this movie over the holidays. Not watching it ONCE that is!! ha, this sucker is going into my computer and being played until I can walk away with a life lesson (so many life lessons to be learned. watch it bah)!


Spring Scarf




I have this weird feeling that I already told you about this but I wore this baby for my photo shoot (just took the tags off) and fell in absolute love with it. It was supposed to a Christmas present .. oops. (Spring - 20.00) <-- I'd buy every color if they were available.


And that's a wrap. I truly hope everyone is having an exceptional weekend and have the best week everrrr!! 4 more days and it's Christmas holidays! Woop whoop, KBAC!


Ps. pleaseeeeee make tomorrow a snow day!!


Questions
1. Have you had any crazy workouts this week?
2. What do you usually buy when you go grocery shopping?
3. Do you like spaghetti squash?
4. What is your #1 fav thing right now?



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO THE UNDERCUT!

    You could totally rock that look! Hair grows back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god LOVE those Paradox shirts and I am totally into pink ;) haha we don't have them at our Costco but maybe soon?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, the undercut is on the radar I think, Em!

    Goodness, they are amazing!
    Liz, I'm a field engineer in Long Harbour so I have to be in the field a lot with the guys (hash tag construction life) so I make sure to wear the Paradox on days I know I'll be outdoors. An absolute staple in my wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete