Saturday, December 14, 2013

Random Weekly Rant 5.0


  • sooo CONGRATULATIONS to Ms. Stephanie O'Reilly on her engagement ! Totally had to be the first point in this post as it's HUGE news and cause I'm so so so happy for that beauty :) 
  • omg. The dog next door is a small squeaky barker! The yappy kind. The 'hey Victoria. I'm not gonna bark all evening until 10 or 11 when you're trying to sleep. And FYI, Victoria? I like to loiter outside your damn bedroom window)
  • NL running recently updated the 2014 Road Race Calender :) yayy check it here
  • I have a post coming VERY soon (as in a few days) that describes the strengths and motivation behind some friends that inspire me and don't even know it. I'll give you more detail when I actually hit publish! Here's a sample ..
  • I've been loving my blog lately, guys. Thank you thank you! (YOU are why I love it)
  • baby tomatoes + almond butter = not so much a time
  • I'm still SO obsessed with Songza and 'Blogged 50'. Fav song?

please please please DL it?
  • I'm having such a great week! And it all started cause I'm been starting my mornings at the office with a great attitude :)
  • ok, confession .. I've got twitter. I was told that I have to do it for the blog. That is all.
  • haha, had the "I think my email is down at work" moment this week . Where I say: "ya, my Internet is down" and he says "mine isn't" and I say " ya, I haven't go en an email in almost 3-hours. Something must be up with the server" and he says "weird..I'm getting them"..and I said "O shit, nevermind, just got one. They just started coming in" and he says "no. I just sent you one to test your theory. Not as popular as I thought I guess..
  • got another safety award at work this week..the George Foreman get meh skin-nayyy
    bring on grease-free 2014 steaks maybe?
  • my fav blogger, CNC is PREGNANT! Fun fun .. but .. this could be a good vs bad idea for me. I'm seeing a lot of healthy living blogs turn to mommy blogs (dear Mothers, I'm not anti-children .. just like the variety of reads)
  • I never finished the mulberries .. I couldn't get past the bird food comparison. Ugh .. even the smell
  • look what I found at lunch the other day :) It was knee high

  • my #1 fav blogger, Liz, just landed a new job. Look at her description:
"I wanted a job where I could actually contribute to something worthy. Help grow and build a company. Make a difference. And I found it! From the colourful walls, the fully stocked kitchen, the unlimited vacay(!), the open concept office, the friendly hellos, my 1-on-1 steak welcome lunch today with the CEO, the welcome gift basket, the multiple screens, brand new laptops, Windows 8.1 (which I lurrrve), it’s night n’ day to what I’m used to. The company moves fast, and I am ready to jump all in, and hit the ground running." [source] doesn't it sound amazing?
  • thank you for all of the kind words when I was having a sh!t week last week. Drama mama .. right here! Ugh
  • I have so many Christmas cards to write up (cause I'm obviously sooo popular, right?)
  • I have so many Christmas presents to wrap (cause I wrap for myself, papa and mom)<--only a little for mom
  • Things I'm looking forward to over the holidays
    • peppermint lattes
    • Christmas tree and fire place setting while reading books
    • skating at Bannerman park?
    • Starbucks at Christmas (man, what an exciting I live)
    • Christmas baking
    • festive dinners
    • hosting a Christmas brunch (pesto egg wraps and crockpot surprise)
    • champagne and orange juice on Christmas morning
    • gift exchange with Tiffany and Shaneen
    • Secret Santa on the 20th (pot luck .. helloooo)
    • boxing day celebrations with family / Tif & Adam Wall
    • blogging blogging and more blogging
    • drinking drink and more drinking
  • this morning a Toyota Corolla .. with a spoiler, 'badass' stickers, tinted windows and souped up rims, burned rubber in the Tim Horton's drive-thru, after reving 'er "rawr rawr' to get the ladys attention. They didn't get a coffee.
  • Ok, scrap the fatty salad dressings and try either mashed avocado or mashed sweet potato!! Seriously, this was the best salad I have ever eaten!! (and yes, I made it and yes it was leftovers haha) <-- get over yourself, Miss Wade 


  • I need a playlist update BAD. It would improve my excitement for a run tremendously
  • I took 3 days off the gym this week. F it!
  • I'm so exhausted lately. Like, BEYOND tired ..
  • I'm also so hyper lately. Weird, hey? Over-tired I'm thinking
  • I've started my '2014' list ! Yayyy .. it's consuming me
  • Sneak Peak of 2 Items from the 2014 List
    • Bring a meal or coffee/coffee shop treat(s) to a homeless person atleast once a month
    • Document 365 days (my365 app) of my year! Of memories that I can look back on in January 2015 (as you can tell, I got 7 photos deep last year.. oops)

 
  • I'm so pumped to take a night this week and sit, sip a peppermint latte and read blogs (so behind)
  • I really wanted to do something nice for the less fortunate over the holidays. A guy at my work told me how he's sponsoring a family this Christmas
  • look what I ordered yesterday guys?


source

I recently read a blog post by pbfingers that she did on "Gifts that give Back". She featured the item above by a organization called 'Feeding the Orphans'. Feeding the Orphans actually have their own site and blog that can be found here. This organization handcrafts different items by single mothers in Africa and the profits goe towards helping the mothers provide clean drinking water, food and an education for their kids.

The description for the pillow is as follows:

These beautiful handmade throw pillows are cut out by one of our single moms and then sewed together by another mom. Each purchase is providing a sustainable income for both moms PLUS providing food, water and education for other children. They are approximately 13 inches x 13 inches and make the perfect accent for any couch!"
[source]

Ya.. pretty excited. It's so beautiful and it's for such an amazing cause :) I kinda wanna order another
  • I ate this on Wednesday/Thursday - I try to avoid baby 'bleached' carrots and cut my own, butttt I had so many vegetables left from the housewarming last week

  • and then this for the next 3 days!
  • I ate this Friday. I deemed this a 'treat day'. Ha, I had 1 donut I should say .. damn Jeanine and her every-second-day treats to the office (she's ma boss)


  • But then I kicked out a chest/tricep workout with Rob last tonight and I'm feelin' like a rockstar ;) 
  • the I sat at Starbucks with a grumbling stomach and drank/ate non-beneficial-post-workout-snacks
  • I really wanna try snow-shoeing
  • I'm not religious but please please please God (even capitalized 'his' name) give me a snow day tomorrow
  • I've been loving white wine lately and can't wait to drink it and feel classy over Christmas
  • I can't wait to shave my legs, do my hair, do a hair treatment / skin treatment, paint my toe nails, pluck my eye brows and dress like a lay-day .. I sometimes I forget that 
  • ok, finishing up with an "OMG THIS MORNING I SAW 11 STARS ON THE DRIVE TO WORK! F-yahh! The Geminid meteor shower is supposed to be the biggest this year (approx. 100/hour). So awesome/exciting, right?
  • new awesome website containing photography and general livestyle: www.nllights.com .. check it .. dare ya
  • sorry if this blog post is boring haha
  • in case I don't have time to write tomorrow, I just wanted to let you know that some awesome, special, adventurous young fella has a birthday tomorrow :) Happy Birthday ya beaut!

Later Lovers :)

If you'd like to check out my previous rants, click the links below:

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to do the Boxing Day (4K) Fun Run! Just cause! Join me :)

    ReplyDelete