Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Try Something New Tuesday 3.0 - Battle of the Bulk

In an effort to keep the 'try something new' going, I tried 4 new foods today .. aww what?

I was driving home from work and realized the only thing in my cupboard/fridge that I have yet to try is the buttercup squash (which I am way too lazy to google a recipe for). . . so being the shneaky little 'I love Bulk Barn' gal that I am, I decided to pop in as I knew there had to be something there that I hadn't tried ( slash the majority of the foods there).

The winnings?


Dried Mulberries - pbfingers said that she's obsessed with mulberries so I said I'd give them a go

Apple Rings - I really wanted to go with the dried mango but I've obviously eaten a ton of those before (my absolute favourite dried fruit)

Greek Yogurt Almonds - greek yogurt + almonds = no question!

Plantain Chips - ra-ra-random


And of course, what would a trip to Bulk Barn be without the unsalted cashews, right? Ma absolute favourite nut!


Try something new turned in try a lot! $13.92 of try something new (though the cashews didn't count and though I didn't eat it all .. but I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't believe me)


I couldn't decide what I wanted so I made my own little trailmix of some sort. God, I hate trailmix .. *eye roll eye roll*

I mixed it all up and was able to have the sweet and the salty!

Verdict?

Dried Mulberries - not sure if they taste more like dog food or bird food. I'm gonna go with bird food. Or what I think bird food would taste like. Or maybe it's the smell of bird food? Anyways, I used to own birds so I'm allowed to have that opinion ... (all the same, it tasted a lot better mixed with other selections).

Apple Rings - Soft, chewy & delicious! I bought the ones with 'no sugar added' so they had a dry taste .. but I love that with dry fruit anyway.

Greek Yogurt Almonds - I've only ever tried greek yogurt raisins and I seem to get sick every-single-time! These were absolutely delicious but I had a small handful in the car and then a couple in the mix (shown above) and was instantly deterred. I think it's the dairy. It kills me every time ..  yet I'll never learn.. ugh food who*e!

Plantain Chips - BEST-FOOD-EVER! Best choice at Bulk Barn, and definitely a food I NEED to try again! Omg .. Ok, I did eat the whole bag, but there wasn't that many ($1.26 worth). I honestly don't think I've ever tried an actual chip this good!

If you've best any of my earlier 'Try Something New' posts, you can find them below:
Try Something New Tuesday 1.0
Try Something New Tuesday 2.0

Question
1. What's something new that you've tried lately?
2. What's something new I can try next week?
3. How often do you try new foods?


No comments:

Post a Comment