Monday, December 2, 2013

Louisiana Hot n' Spicy Sweet Potato Fries + Pumpkin Seeds

Hey friends,
 
Just stopping in to share some recipes from the weekend. Figured if you haven't done so already, that you could play around in the kitchen and prepare for the rest of your week! (It's still early, ya kno')
 
So Saturday was a definite experiment day in the kitchen. I'm trying to spice up my meals (no pun intended ;) ) so I wanted to cook something 'meal-worthy' and something for a 'post-meal snack'. I said at the beginning of November that I wanted to branch out and try new things in the kitchen and Saturday morning marked the perfect day for that!

Louisiana Hot n' Spicy Sweet Potato Fries



 
Ingredients 
sweet potato wedges (costco, or you could cut your own. I got lazy)
1T chipotle garlic infused olive oil
1/4C of egg whites
2T of Louisiana Hot n' Spicy Epicure seasoning 
a pinch of sea salt 





Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees
2. Add sweet potato to a large mixing bowl
3. Add olive oil and egg whites over the sweet potato and shake around
4. Sprinkle Epicure seasoning and sea salt and shake
5. Spread on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20minutes. Remove from oven and shake around. Bake for 15 more minutes, remove, serve hot




These.are.absolutely.delicious.

Omg, I planned on spreading these fries amongst three meals. Ya, it didn't go as planned and I ate them in to sittings and my god, they were absolutely delicious. Like the most delicious thing I've ever cooked.



Louisiana Hot n' Spicy Pumpkin Seeds




Ingredients
1T of extra virgin olive oil
1.5-cups of unsalted pumpkin seeds
 2T of Louisiana Hot n' Spicy Epicure seasoning 
a pinch of sea salt 




Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees
2. Coat pumpkin seeds in olive oil, add Epicure seasoning and sea salt
3. Place in over and cook for 25-minutes




I don't have to tell you how I feel about spiced pumpkin seeds, right? Holy yum :)

These taste delicious as is, or on salads. They have a satisfying texture and they feel like a treat!

Try the recipe out and experiment with seasonings. I promise you'll be left satisfied.


Happy Cooking, Friends & Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment