Thursday, December 19, 2013

Treadmill Roulette & Donuts for Days

18 days of Christmas vacation starts today! F*ck yaaa! So pumped. Like, so so pumped! I can't wait to go to bed, turn off my phone and have zero alarms set. That's ZERO alarms! yippee!!

Like mentioned in previous posts, I plan on staying active throughout the holidays and hopefully, kick running back into gear.

Don't like running? Don't think you're coodrinated? Never ran a mile in your life?

You're probably better at moving those legs than you think! Perhaps it's time to start switching it up and making running fun! This can be done, I promise you.

If you have me as a friend on Facebook, you'll notice that last night, I posted a picture of a Treadmill Roulette I had planned for the evening. I had big plans to get my jog on after work but was a little lazy. I figred if I posted it on Facebook, then I'd be held 100% accountable for my 'roulette'.


What is Treadmill Roulette you ask?


I got the idea from CNC (obv) when she posted this last January. I mentioned it to Tiffany months a go, and she actually tried it before I did. It's a great way to stay motivated while running and you can make your own rules according to how you feel. Don't quote me, but I remember Tiffany texting and saying how she loved the idea and had punched out 4+ miles with her 10 selections.

My roulette was similar to the one CNC used, but I changed my speeds (because when it is your roulette, you can make the rules, friends).



There are definitely a number of questions you could replace with determining your speeds and that's where I need your help. I'm looking for suggestions :)

I'm hoping to pick up the pace next time (maybe?) but I realistically, 10 songs can be pretty lengthy .. but again, it's your game so you choose  the rules.

First, I was gonna lower the speeds cause my back is still sore from my jog on Monday. I decided to keep as-is because I had pizza at work (what!!?!) <-- I feel justified to admit that .. so I needed to workout workout workout .. and I am so so so glad that I did just that!



The morning started with Victoria skipping all of the above ahnd feeling pretty damn good about it.

Then it was lunch time and it was a Mary Brown's lunch that my old boss invited me to for the scaffolders. I accepted the offer but only for social reasoning (cause I miss them o so much). So instead of donuts and chicken, I opted for protein pancakes and spaghetti squash.




And then I was on the go for the afternoon and came back around 4, starving! One of those 'give me anything and I'll eat it'. The sadest thing was, there were healthy alternatives in the fridge but at that moment I had that 'whatever , everyone else had it and I've been good all week'. So I ate two little squares.

After work, I was determined to rid the pizza calories so I headed directly to the gym, and actually had a deadly workout. My totals are below:


4.21-mile run in 41:05. It's actually not an overly fast pace if you average it out but I was definitely feeling it.

Side Note: I have gum in my jaw in that picture. I'm not missing teeth. Just sayin'
Double Side Note: Something great I've started to notice from having a blog is that I no longer care too much about how I look in online pictures (as you can tell by what I post on a weekly basis)

After my run-izzle, I did some crunches and kettlebell swings.



 
So, some questions to sub in the roulette game are:
  1. Is the song by a single artist or band? (yes/no)
  2. Is this a new addition to your playlist? (yes/no)
  3. Is the artist(s) over 25 years of age? (yes/no/unsure)
  4. Have you listened to this song more than 10 times in the past week? (yes/no)
  5. Is this a dance beat? (yes/no)
  6. Is the lead singer/artist single? (yes/no/unsure)

But that's just a few ..

Gonna take some brainstorming I think.

While I'm here, I just wanted to share my 'Try Something New Tuesday' from earlier this week. I was busy this time around so didn't get a post completed, but I did try something new.


This is definitely not something I had planned on trying, but when I came across the package (and was extrememly hungry at the time), I said f-it and got a box.

Smart For Life is actually an energy bar! It's chocolate covered and absolutely delicious! And BIG. Like a lot bigger than you'd think it would be for 190-calories.



Definitely something I'd eat again!

Anyways, I'm gonna go plan finish up my morning, day dream about holidays and get pumped for The Annual Kris Kringle that takes place tonight! Yayyy x 10!

Happy Thursday, friends :)


Questions:
1. Do you like treadmill running?
2. What do you do to keep your running interesting?

2 comments:

  1. OK I looove this treadmill roulette idea! I might even take the Vic edition to the gym someday this holiday. I am now on vacation for 2 weeks myself - wahoo :D

    I also used to be addicted to those Smart for Life bars before going vegan. I should try and recreate a homemade vegan version.. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably better at moving those legs than you think! Perhaps it's time to start switching it up and making running fun! This can be done, I promise you. roulette tipps

    ReplyDelete