Thursday, August 1, 2013

Good-bye, July (Rhyme)

Where is the summer going? I feel like it was only yesterday that I was writing my May review blog post .. and then my June .. and now July? It's crazy how fast time passes without us realizing. Before we know it, summer will be gone and we'll be back to Helly jackets and insulated boots! (Lies, we'll be wearing fall jackets and playing in the leaves :) ).

Anyways, July has been another great month. So many calories eaten, so much alcohol drank, money spent and so many memories made ;) Yayyy to Summer 2013


Classic Downtown Nights w. Heather





 
Birthday Celebrations
 









Training Days
 


I had a great month of workouts, I must say. But I'd be lying I said I'm not glad that it's over. I felt a great amount of pressure where I had the Tely on the 28th. I found it hard balancing running with strength training with yoga. What does August hold in store? Yoga-up-the-ying-yang! Lots and lots and lots (I say this because I bought an unlimited month haha gotta make the most of ma money :) )

Tanning Days


I forgot how much I love lying around and talking about absolutely nothing with the best of the best. This was my first time at Marine Drive in like 2-years. So many memories at that place, hey? Paddle boats? warf with the barrels on the bottom? eating chips with wet hands? mud pies? tuna sandwiches? mom screaming for you to get out and you pretending you don't hear her and ducking under? C'mon guys, BAYWATCH?? Everyone played Baywatch, right? If not, SHAME! (Not kidding, pretty sure Shaneen and I played Baywatch when we were closer to 20 than 10. I'm leaving it at that)


Sam-scam getting her bronze goddess glow! Samantha colored her hair brown so now she's convinced she won't burn (haha Sorry, Sam)


Chilled with Jess and Caitlin and did some 'we're-all-grown-up' job talk. Jess just got a job with Kiewit and Caitlin with KKC. So happy for you both :)


Couldn't get rid of this one if I tried! Best friend and I getting our glow on :) :)


Fishing Days 
 

Friday night cod jigging, boys! Bill loaded the boat and out to sea we headed! The night was phenomenal. Warm enough for shorts, no wind and lots of fish!



So much excitement going on at the moment! Mama-bear could have scared the fish off the hook she got so excited (n-o-t-k-i-d-d-i-n-g). This was her first time and she was through the roof with joy!


Shell with her 3-fish catch dance! Line wasn't down for a minute when she got the tug! The fish were actually gone wild here :)






2nd Tely Ten





 

Best Investment EVER 





And one of the highlights to my month is definitely my new computer (not to sound all materialistic). August 9th will be my 3-month blogging anniversary (haha, get a life, right?) But seriously, I've been loving it. I've been loving voicing my thoughts, eats, doings and I'm overjoyed from the feedback I've recieved from people. I love the comments you leave and I love the Facebook messages I've recieved. I love sitting in coffee shops and typing on this new MacBook Pro! I find this purchase very accessible, affordable and soooo much fun to fiddle around with ! =)

The last WIAW of the Month

Eaten at 4:50am

I caved and bought this at Costco last night. I always throw it in the cart and then take it out at the last night and literally RUN for the check-outs to stop myself. It's my weakness. My favourite food. Luxury in my belly .. le sigh .. so I said F-itttttt and bought a bag :)

Note  #1: 3562.16-calories in the whole bag
Note #2: I could eat an entire bag in one sitting
Note #3: I ate a lot last night after my run but I'm not telling you how much
Note #4: I only had a handful this morning and pretty much jumped over my stairs to my car before I could put the bag in my lunch tin (yes, I use a lunch tin at my big girl job)
Note #5: I threw the bag way in the back of the cupboard so I'd have to get a chair to reach it
Note #6: Robyn, I will hurt you and your friends if your post-drunk snack is my trail mix tonight ;)
Note #7: I need a life.


Eaten at 10am
So this is one of my new favourite go-tos. Not sure how tempting it looks to some of you, but to me, it's heavenly (people probably thing I date my food ... lately I feel like I date my blog)

This combination is so quick, easy, filling and delicious. Ingredients: strawberries, almond butter, unsweetened shredded coconut.

Eaten at 12pm

I'm on a bit of a pork kick this week (every week) so I today another baked pork chop with some edumame salad.


Eaten at 3:15pm

Rattled I ate this .. I do eat the low sugar protein bars..and I know I'm reading the wheat book and they obviously have many shitty additives in the make-up but it is these Sweet & Salty bars that actually make me feel guilty post-eat. I was away from my desk and was hungry at 3:15pm so I grabbed this from one of the girls. I should have waited and had vegetables, but nope .. mama had to get her hands on the first thing she saw (I'm working on this).

Eaten at 5pm

I <3 celery. I could eat celery for every meal. I don't necessarily need almond butter or any spread with it but I'm pretty much addicted to almond butter / every kind of nut butter so I went for it.

Note-to-self: Moderate the amount of almond butter you eat. Stop bringing the whole tub to work.

Supper - Not shown here .. but sadly, I had more trailmix.. oops.. :) Loves it!


July Exercise


In summary, July was also the month I..
  • ran 60.45-miles
  • really realized that I ENJOY eating healthy 
  • realized that running is completely mental
  • fit into a dress I bought at the end of the June for GSF (with the goal of getting into it by August 1st)
  • bought 4 pairs of shoes 
  • felt comfortable in a swim suit (well, a little)
  • decided to stop house hunting and stay another year in the sweet house I live in 
  • weighed myself for the first time since last October (not including when they weighed me in April for sky diving - not good)
  • realized you can't out-exercise a bad diet

And there you have it. Happy August, friends :)







No comments:

Post a Comment