Friday, August 9, 2013

My Latest Fitness Commitment

So I've hummed and haa'd with regards to writing this post since I know that by clicking 'publish', I've confirmed to the public that I have a new 14-week goal that will entail pictures, weights, food, success, failure? (Let's hope not) and all that fancy blog-jazz that I annoy you all with on a weekly basis :) Life

Informing you all on my latest goal means I'm 100% committing myself to keeping these posts consistent and will have to update progress photos and probably information that brings me out of my comfort zone. Comfort zone? I guess that's kinda out the window when you start blogging anyway, right?

So, what's new with me? Well ... I've recently committed to enrolling in the NLABBA. What's the NLABBA you ask? It stands for the Newfoundland and Labrador Amateur Bodybuilding Association. Pending all goes as planned (and I highly doubt that it won't - fingers crossed), I'll be walking the stage on Saturday, November 16th for the 2013 BodyBuilding, Figure & Bikini Championships.

The NLABBA 

"The NLABBA is a not-for-profit association with a mandate to help promote and sport the growth of Bodybuilding and Fitness in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

The funds they raise through various fundraising activities and corporate sponsorships go directly towards the production of the Provincial event, and to supporting the Provincial title winners who decide to compete at the National competitive level.

The NLABBA Bodybuilding and Figure Championships is the only Canadian Bodybuilding Federation (CBBF) sanctioned event in the province." [1]



------


So am I gonna be toned, huge and look like I'm gonna 'beat da face off ya'? NOOO haha I'm doing this for the figure component of the show. I will NOT be taking part in the actual body building side of it all.

I guess you're wondering if I plan to look trim, lean and be a total smoke show? Perhaps break out my beating stick to start smacking the fellas away from me? Ahh F*ck yaaaaa *fingers crossed, fingers crossed* haha But ya, I'm gonna stay practical with this.

I really don't even know where to start with this post as my excitement is through the roof! I'll be taking on this HUGE (no PUN intended) commitment with Madame Courtney Tapper. We plan on spending the next 14-weeks sticking to a strict diet, working out 4-times a week and supporting each other until we walk on that stage!

I can honestly say that we both have never thought we'd take part in such an event and seeing how we're only a week in, it still seems surreal. Not only is this such a physical challenge (I'm a cardio gal, not a weight lifter so this is very new to me. Court is a long-term dancer), but it's a mental challenge, also. Multiple times this week we've both stood in the mirror with blank faces and blank thoughts. We've came to the realization that this is impossible possible for a ladies such as ourselves.

I truly believe this challenge will take weeks to wrap our heads around.  We'll both have moments where we're on the brink of giving up. But we won't give up.

We've made a pact to ourselves, to our coaches and to each other. We've started this, and we're finishing this!

Happy happy Friday, friends! Expect frequent updates in the near future :)

Note: Due to confidentiality issues, I still have to find out what is appropriate and inappropriate to post.


If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at minusthirtythreeplease@gmail.com


[1]   http://www.nlabba.ca/?page_id=2 

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! I am so proud of you and Courtney! What a huge commitment. I am already looking forward to seeing the progress and dedication and most of all, you walking across that stage :D

    I never in a million years thought I would be a fitness instructor but here I am! I began cycling back in January and was attending classes regularly 5-6 times a week, I thought I needed to bring it to the next level! I attended an audition and made the cut! From there I knew I needed to train hard for the upcoming module training in Nova Scotia and now I am still currently training and practicing so I can submit my video for certification.

    Word of advice; Keep your mind and body in check at all times. A fitness goal is a huge commitment, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. But stay focused because it'll all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete