Monday, August 12, 2013

NLABBA Training Week #1


The Last Supper

So the new diet/training planning was a go for Monday, August 5th, 2013. On Sunday after a hangover 12-pm Starbucks date with two phenomenal coaches, Courtney and I were told to go have our last final delicious supper. I was planning on meeting Val and Sarah at Boston Pizza for a catch-up lunch so I knew that wouldn't be a problem. What did I end with?


I was there before the girls and I felt like I got hit by a bus! So what better way to perk myself up? Ahh subzero, baby! It did just the trick :) O life


To start, we ordered a half full order of twist bread with cheese. Holy yum, always! I obviously was too busy being a bread-head before I realized that I had forgot to take a picture (and yes, I am still reading Wheat Belly). We kinda mighta maybe also had it served with santa fe ranch dip .. but c'mon, who doesn't, right?


For my main meal, I got the buffalo chicken sandwich (grilled chicken, no sauce) and sweet potato fries. It came with thai mayo and I 100% added a cauctus dip for my sandwich. Adam and I used to be fiends for these sandwiches but on Sunday, I definitely realized why I haven't had one in 2-years. They are SO filling! So thick and just blah. The grease from the fries turned my stomach and the bread didn't sit well either. But ya, it definitely tasted delicious!

Groceries 

So I won't be annoying you all with my frequent WIAW posts anymore because I will be pretty much eating the same meals for my first phase of training. Buttttt, I love posting my grocery lists for a preview. So Week #1s groceries are as follows:


On the List:
  • strawberries
  • blueberries
  • bananas
  • grape fruit
  • sweet potato
  • broccoli
  • spinach 
  • egg whites 
Note: this was taken after my Costco run. I also popped into Dominion for some peppers, salsa, hot sauce and whole eggs.

As you can tell, I'll be living a pretty protein-enriched diet. I'm a big chicken-fiend so I'm down with this :) 

Meal Prep

 

First things first. Equipment. I have so many containers varying in size but I'm constantly losing misplacing the covers, so I went to Costco and bought a box of 30.  1. They're Ziplock, which I enjoy and 2. They were only $14.99. Pretty affordable for 30 containers, hey?





So I finally caved and bought a food scale. I heart my new food scale and can't believe I waited so long before getting one. I used to have a Weight Watchers scale but lost it during the moving transition. I paid $19.99 for this badass (Walmart) and have fallen head over heels for it. It's actually sad how bad I was at 'guestimating' the weight of food before. This little friend helped me on a 2-hr meal prep last Sunday when I was getting all ready for week #1.




Obviously you've seen my classic food prep so I'll opt out of re-showing that again, but here are a few of the classics I containered (not a word, I know), while getting ready for ma week. (The vegetables are a cup each and the berries are a half of a cup. Quite a bit of food, eh?!)

Food Snaps








Workouts 

Monday - Arms 
Tuesday - Legs 
Wednesday - REST
Thursday - Chest and Shoulders
Friday - Back and Traps




 
Saturday - REST 
Sunday - REST (w. a small trot along the Easy Coast Trail)



 

I also threw in a 4-mile treadmill session one day, a stroll around Quidi Vidi one afternoon and to finish off the week, I did a portion of the East Coast Trail <3

After Week #1


.................I didn't wake up and had turned magically skinny. I still have that velly up there.  Weird? haha *progress progress*

My body feels
  • as if someone beat me over the ass with a crow bar 
  • tense in every muscle 
  • stronger than it's felt in a long time
  • toner than it's felt in a long time
  • like a pretzel
It hurts to
  • turn over in bed during the night time 
  • walk up the stairs
  • use the wash room
  • wash my hair in the shower (hands over head)
  • raise my legs when shaving 
  • get in and out of the car
  • bend down to tie up my sneakers 
  • ...do everything
(I'm being a little dramatic. . . as you probably guessed. I DID feel all of the above a day and a half a go but on this lovely Sunday evening, I feel pretty a lot better!

I Feel..

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

And because this is how I roll ... I leave you with my new fav combo <3 Pro + Sbux (And cause I'm obsessed with taking pictures of my coffee and computer. O the little things in life)




 
I sure hope everyone had a great weekend :) I had a great week and a phenomenal weekend!
 
Anyone have any new fitness goals to share?
 
Upcoming events?
 
I have an event coming in 2-weeks but I'm not telling yettttt :)
O, and I also have a guess post coming this week! L-O-V-E those!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment