Thursday, August 22, 2013

Spinach & Garlic Turkey Burgers

So if you've been following my blog this past few weeks, you know that I'm pretty restricted with my diet with the training lately. I eat the same foods daily based on a 'Training Day' and 'Non-Training Day' schedule. I'd like to say that sticking with this type of diet isn't challenging, but I'm only on Week #3 (Day-18 to be precise) so it's too soon for me to make that call.

With that being said, I've been trying to take my allowances and alter the foods into different recipes. For my 2nd lunch of a training day, I'm eating 2/3  cup of extra lean ground beef, turkey or chicken, 1/3 cup of quinoa and a handful of spinach. I recently posted a condiment list which can be used while following the diet also. Last night I picked a few seasonings and tested out the following recipe.

Spinach & Garlic Turkey Burgers




Ingredient
  • 1-lb of Extra Lean Ground Turkey
  • 1/8 cup of Egg Whites
  • Handful of Spinach
  • Montreal Chicken Spice
  • 1-Tbsp Garlic BBQ Sauce


Directions
(Prep Time: 4-5-minutes, Cook Time: 30-15-minutes)
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350-C
  2. In a medium size bowl, mash up ground turkey
  3. Add 1/8-cup of Egg Whites
  4. Tear a handful of spinach into small leaves
  5. Add 1-Tbsp of Garlic BBQ Sauce
  6. Season mixture with Montreal Chicken Spice
  7. Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, measure the mixture and roll into a ball(s)
  8. Bake in oven for 15-minutes and then flip. Bake for another 15-minutes
  9. Serve Hot



All containered and ready for my lunches! These burgers actually turned out great! They made 9 1/3-cup servings and were packed in flavour. My dad is pretty close-minded when it comes to my cooking/baking so I was a little hesitant to get his opinion. He had the first tasting and said they were really good!  Seeing how I am granted 2/3-cup for lunch, I'm able to eat two with my quinoa! Holy yummm! =)
 
Extra Lean Ground Turkey Nutrition Label
 
The turkey was bought at Costco. It comes in a bulk pack of four (4) but I only used one (1) when trying the recipe seeing how I had no idea how they would turn out.
 
It you're a religious calorie-counter, take note that the 'per serving' for the below is based on 100g or 1/2-cup of ground turkey.


I'll be eating these for my lunch for the next few days! I am actually excited to sit down and eat ... then again, I'm always excited to eat =)

Enjoy, friends!



Do you have any good recipes to share?

Feel free to send questions, comments or perhaps your own recipes to minusthirtythree@gmail.com. I'd be glad to blog about it (and give YOU the credit, of course) =)


No comments:

Post a Comment