Thursday, August 29, 2013

25 Minute Workout & 15 Minute Blueberry Protein Cookies


So Wednesday night I was in a bit of a time constraint and didn't have time to make it to the gym in. (HATE "I didn't have time". Make time ). I guess I could have rushed it but I also really didn't wanna workout on the clock and not give it my all. I had initially planned on doing a leg workout in the evening but a lot of the exercises required machines. Instead, I opted for a core and conditioning workout.

I started reading through the workout and it seemed pretty simple. Pretty short, too. Well holy smokes! I was able to do theentire workout in dads shed and I sweat like somethin' sick! Wanna know the best thing about this workout? It only took 25-minutes. TWENTY-FIVE-MINUTES!? That's awesome! And that included breaks in between sets. And I sweat .. and sweat some more .. and got a crazy build-up of appetite .. and sweat some more.

So, you don't have a gym membership? You have a belly you wanna tighten? You're the type of person who likes to get your heart racing and your sexy-plexy-manly-soaked-through-the-shirt sweat on? Well here is a deadly workout for you (ps. I know I'm gonna feel some soreness tomorrow).

25 Minute Workout

1. Russian Twist (15-15-15-15)



 
2. Toe Touches (15-15-15-15)


3. Squat Jumps (15-15-15-15)

 
4. Bench Dips (15-15-15-15) - I used a couch in the shed for this ;)


5. Bicycle Crunches (15-15-15-15)

 
 6. Jumping Jacks (15-15-15-15)
 
 
 
7. Plank (30s-30s-30s-30s)

 
As you can tell, the workout was done in sets of 15, 4 times. I did 15 of the 1st exercise, 15 of the 2nd exercise, 15 of the 3rd and then repeated. I then did the same for the 4th exercise, 5th exercise and 6th. The plank was done on its own. This switched it up and gave me a break from doing all of the same exercise at once.
 
In Summary (in case the above is hard to understand)
 
Set 1 - 15 Russian twists, 15 toe touches 15 squat jumps
break
Set 2 - 15 Russian twists, 15 toe touches 15 squat jumps
break
Set 3 - 15 Russian twists, 15 toe touches 15 squat jumps
break
Set 4 - 15 Russian twists, 15 toe touches 15 squat jumps
break
 
Set 1 - 15 bench dips, 15 bicycle crunches, 15 jumping jacks
break
Set 2 - 15 bench dips, 15 bicycle crunches, 15 jumping jacks
break
Set 3 - 15 bench dips, 15 bicycle crunches, 15 jumping jacks
break
Set 4 - 15 bench dips, 15 bicycle crunches, 15 jumping jacks
break
 
Set 1 - 30 seconds of plank
break
Set 2 - 30 seconds of plank
break
Set 3 - 30 seconds of plan
break
Set 4 - 30 seconds of plan
break


No real equipment necessary, sweaty miss Betty, <25-minutes
 
 
This workout is great for me because I'm going out of town for the weekend but my Sunday workout calls for the Core & Conditioning workout. So what shall I do?? Hmm ... pack my yoga mat, bring an 8-lb weight (you don't even need to use the weight while performing the Russian Twist. You can simply clench your hands together) and with the use of a picnic table at the camp site, I shall do a lovely morning belly-reducing-tighten-those-damn-abs exercise! Voila :)
 
 
So get up off your couch, stop being lazy, stop making excuses and EXERCISE!
 
----
 
15 Minute Blueberry Protein Cookies
 
 
So I suppose you're starved-ta-det now? Ahh hello, of course you are! You just had a 25-minute heart-racing workout. I generally drink a Nutriwhey vanilla flavoured shake post-workout but I have been experimenting lately beause I wanted some quick grabs for hiking this weekend. I emailed Kayla and Jon to confirm what was/was not acceptable. Kayla forwarded along this little recipe for me (Thanks, Kayla) :)
 
Ingredients
2 scoops of vanilla Nutriwhey
4 egg whites (approx. 1/2-cup)
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1/2 cup of whole wheat oatmeal
1 tsp of vanilla extract
 



Directions
In a medium mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients then add in
egg whites + blueberries
 



After mixing is complete, using a scoop or spoon, place
cookies on parchment paper and place in oven for 10-15 minutes
(350-degrees)
 




Remove cookies from oven and EATTT!
(or serve .. or container .. or pack for camping?)
Holy yum!

There you have it friends! A workout that will make you feel great, followed by a treat that will leave you feeling satisfied.

Also, I often refer to 'Kayla' in my posts. Kayla Nugent is a girl I'm working with in prep for the NLABBA. She's a hair stylist, make-up artist and trainer who just started her own business in fitness. She's there around the clock giving me inspiration and motivational support (I also pester her for recipes). She too, will be competing in the NLABBA this year (She's competed in past years and has placed). Hellooo!

For more information on her, check out the Facebook page

Advice for today & EVERYday .. Challenge yourself!
 
 
And I'm hoping my stomach will look this sooner than later


1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! I'm going to follow this from top to bottom ;)

    You're giving me some crazy motivation lately :)

    ReplyDelete