Thursday, July 4, 2013

June Goal Completion Update

Once again, I apologize for not writing in a while. I had a crazy busy Canada Day weekend and was bombarded with tasks when I arrived back to work. It has left me pretty womped in the night times (I went to sleep at 7:00pm on Tuesday for goodness sake). But, without further ado, the completion/incompletion of my June Goals thay I had set in THIS post!

Dun dun dunn...

1. complete a whole week of 100% Paleo [I completed 7 days a few months back (minus 1 Monster energy drink I snuck in there) and felt wonderful.. and dropped 6-lbs] .. guess it wasn't 100%, huh?
2. fast for 1 whole day (2:00pm, June 26th - 2:00pm, June 27th)
3. try Hot Yoga at Moksha Yoga
4. go to Starbucks or Second Cup and just sit and read for an hour
5. re-arrange my room

Before

After

6. attend Shakti Yoga 2-3 times (Here, Here & Here)
7. book a Power Engineering exam
8. follow myfitnesspal (perfectly) for one week [It's hard to keep up with but when I do, I'm so happy]
9. walk or jog Signal Hill 8 times
10. walk or job Quidi Vidi 7 times
11. jog Octagon Pond 6 times
12. go a whole 2 days with zero coffee/lattes/energy drinks (yes, go ahead and judge)  (Friday, June 28th, 12:45pm - Sunday, June 30th, 12:45pm)
patiently waited for this...

13. clean my fridge (spray down/wipe down/organize by food group) <- wanted to do this for quite some time now (Here)
14. bake something I've never baked before (Sweet Potato Flax Crisps)



Sweet Potato Flax Crisps

15. publish at least 9 more posts starting today (written June 6th, posted June 7th)
    1. How I ensure that I follow through
    2. Preparing for the week
    3. Happy Birthday, Badass
    4. Happy Tuesday
    5. Day of W - WIAW Workouts & Whey
    6. Rainy Fridays
    7. A lovely Saturday
    8. Serendipity
    9. Hangover Sundays + Father's Day
    10. Happy Happy Tuesday

16. take my father for a 'father-daughter bonding' supper
17. compose my Tely 10 playlist
18. color code my closet
19. add 10 recipes to my recipe book (Banana Cocoa Almond Squares, Paleo Granola, High Energy Protein Balls, Almond Power Cookies, Sweet Potato Pizza Crust, Cheesy Couscous w. Chicken and Spinach, Oatmeal Almond butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, OMG pancakes, Sweet Potato Flax Crisps)
20. read a book from finish to start (uh-oh)
21. jog/Run 40-45 miles - 9, 10 & 11 can be correlated
22. walk 20 miles - 9, 10 & 11 can be correlated

























 
*Note: I wrote down 'gym' workouts in my black book but only recorded my walks/runs on my calender. I did a lot more than just a '2 or 3  mile run' on all days at the gym. I factored strength training and other forms of cardio into each routine.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Goal
Completed
Unit
Fell Short
Running
40-45
43.55
Mi
0
Walking
20
26.38
Mi
0
Signal Hill
8
5
Laps
3
Quidi Vidi
7
8
Laps
0
Octagon Pond
6
0
Laps
6
Gym
-
15
Visits 
0
Shakti Yoga
3
3
Visits 
0
Moksha Yoga 
1
0
Visits 
1
 

23. try a new tea from David's Tea



Blueberry Jam Tea <3


24. clean out my clothes and give at least 1 garbage bag to the Salvation Army (haven't done this in 8 months)
25. host a small Sunday brunch (Here)


My final thoughts

    Ok, so I'm not over the moon with my 'cross-off' numbers on my list, but I definitely do NOT tend on beating myself up about it. I don't wanna make excuses as to why I didn't complete everything.. but .. but if I was the girl who diddd make excuses .. here are what they 'might' be:

    Time constraint. I'm up early and home relatively late. When I get home, I kick it to the gym or some other area to get my exercise on. #4. go to Starbucks or Second Cup and just sit and read for an hour, just did not seem like a priority when trying to complete what I set out to do. I'm not one for sitting and relaxing as I feel like I wasting precious gym time. I know this isn't an excuse.. I guess I'm just not one for books [totally throwing that on my July list ;) ]

    I'm definitely under a time constraint because my a. the gym closes at 10pm (8:00pm on Saturday) and  b. Shakti yoga has their last class starting at 7pm (excluding Mondays) so I actually have to raceeee out the highway to get there. I hate being rushed and I hate staying awake all hours doing nightly chores because I was working out until 10pm. After working out I need to shower and do laundry and all that blah blah stuff. Perhaps time management should be a post in itself?

    Alcohol Consumption > Eating Clean. I am truly disappointed in my inability to complete #1. complete a whole week of 100% Paleo. This goal could and should have been a definite mark-off, except I choose to go out each weekend and consume copious amounts of Budlight (very UN-paleo) .. Guys, it's summer! That's how we roll, right? .... wrong. Maybe some other month ..

    No Caffeine. I don't like this. I know people rave on how you feel better when you give up coffee but I like coffee. Actually, I love coffee! love love love! coffee coffee coffee! This is something I will drink until a medical practitioner tells me not to. No more two days without it. I solely wrote that in because I'm rather tolerant on the stuff and wanted to see how my body would react if I gave it some space. (Ahh..helloooo..anyone at the cabin could probably tell I was irritable and not myself)
    Weather. The weather in June was certainly not the greatest. Rain definitely put a damper on goals #9-11. Perhaps I should have doubled up the laps on the nice days? Maybe next time. Le sigh.

    Fasting. I generally don't find fasting too too difficult because water gives me such a satisfying sense of fullness. I did find the middle hours of my 24-hour fast a little difficult as I've been working out a bit lately. I decided that I wouldn't run or head to the gym on the day of my fast because it would result with me waking in the middle of the night and eating. I also started the 24-hour fast at 2pm to the following 2pm. I found this broke it up rather than starting first thing in the morning. I don't think this is considered cheating as it gave my body sometime to digest. (Note: I kept well-hydrated during this period).

    Late List. I made the list a week into the month and though I had had good gym attendance prior, I wish I had made it at the beginning of June so I could have focused more on running and classes and less on the cross-trainer at the gym.

    I truly love running. Hitting a running quota helped me realise that I truly enjoy the act of running. I hit that place where I never cared where I was going, how fast I was going, the distance I was going (lie! I always care the distance I'm going) yet just liked running for running. I love how it clears my head, makes me feel and how it makes me sore :)

    myfitnesspal. I despise using my fitness pal when I have salads. You literally have to measure out every vegetable that is added. I hate the fact that baking and MFP doesn't go hand in hand because you need to cut what you bake, perfectly. It's the only way to get the true calorie count.. this kinda pissed me off and then I'd put MFP on the back-burner. No more. No more.

    Goal # Uncompleted Goals Comments 
    1 Complete a whole week of 100% paleo Kept doing like 3 days in a row and then putting it off. I have no excuses - FAIL
    3 Try hot yoga I kept choosing running over hot yoga. I'm pretty rattled with myself over this
    but there's no point in dwelling on it, I guess. I left it until the last minute and then
    ended up at Allan's cabin for Canada Day (2.5hrs outside of town) so Moksha wasn't
    in the playing cards. Le sigh. I AM however, putting this in my top 'to dos' for July :)
    4 go to Starbucks or Second Cup and just sit
    and read for an hour
    I'm not relaxed enough to do this. I wanna be but I always felt like I was losing precious fitness time.
     Ugh - FAIL
    7 book a Power Engineering Exam I actually DID call to book this and am waiting on paperwork for graduation confirmation before they
    can set a date :)
    8 follow myfitnesspal (perfectly) for one week I followed MFP for 5/7 days (Sun, June 23-Thurs, June 27) and then, again, went to the
    cabin - FAIL
    9 walk or jog Signal Hill 8 times No excuses .. Time constraint? Getting home too late in the night? Spending more time at the gym when I could have been at the hill? - FAIL
    11 jog Octagon Pond 6 times  …I have nothing - FAIL
    16 take my father for a 'father-daughter bonding'
    supper
    His fault (pointing a finger). I actually tried on 2 occasions to get him to come out with me and he kept making excuses. We have pretty different schedules so I can't blame him for not wanting a 7:30pm supper. Anddd in his defence, I could have tried a little harder - FAIL
    20 read a book from finish to start (uh-oh) Over ambitious. That is all - FAIL

    *Note: I apologise for the inconsistency of this post with regards to formatting. I copy and pasted a lot of tables from Excel and still haven't mastered the template settings.

    Anywho, I did it. A lot of it anyway. Overall I am content. I am happy. I am proud. And I will do better from here on out!

    Drink to that, friends :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this Vic!! Love the charts, and how you have everything laid out!! And remember, it's not a FAIL! I feel like FAIL is such a harsh word!! You made goals, tried, and didn't manage to complete them! You still succeeded in so many other ways! :) xo

    ReplyDelete