Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sweet & Salty Nut Cookies


So I found this recipe on CNC and kind of tweaked it a little to suit my own taste buds.

Not sure if you're more of a salt person or have a sweet tooth? Well if you want a combination of both, this is your cookie!

It's quick, easy and it has SO much flavor! Also, it uses all natural ingredients :)


Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup of almond flour (called ground almond at Bulk Barn)
  • 1 cup of mixed nuts (almonds, cashews & peanuts - or anything you'd like)
  • 1/2 cup of coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 1/4 cup of almond butter
  • 2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 HEAPING spoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 HEAPING spoon of ground flax (not shown in picture as I randomly added it at the end)
  • pinch of salt 

Directions
  • Grind mixed nuts in a food processor (or magic bullet - I used a big steel spoon)
  • Melt coconut oil in microwave for 1-minute
  • Combine all ingredients
  • Using your hands, create cookie shaped figures and place on parchment paper on a plate
  • Place cookies in fridge and let sit for 2-3 hours (1-hour minimum)

Combine all ingredients

The worst thing I could have done was taste this mixture ... I was hooked after the first bite

Roll into cookie shapes

Note: all of the ingredients became very runny when I tried to flatten them into cookie form due to the temperature of the kitchen. It was pretty much a sauna. If I had to do this again under non-ideal conditions, I'd probably just add an extra 1/4-1/3 of a cup of almond flour.

Voila!

These were absolutely delicious and I probably ate more than I should have ..
They have a brittle texture that melts in your mouth! They're sweet and salty and taste similar to the Nature Valley Sweet & Salty bars. I think these cookies would be fun if you tried different additives - all-natural dried fruits, raisins, pecans, pine nuts etc.


I will most definitely be making another batch of these cookies in the near future (perhaps this weekend? yumm)

Have any cookie recipes?
Anything quick and easy? All natural?


No comments:

Post a Comment