Saturday, July 27, 2013

Last night before the Tely 10


...And my nerves are shot. I am so beyond nervous for tomorrow that I actually have mad anxiety. From the moment I woke up this morning, I was trembling. I have no idea why? I mean, I ran it last year and did fine. I don't even think I had bad nerves. Today has been like a roller coaster of emotions. I think it has a lot to do with trying to relax and not stress my body on the day before the race. I also really missed having Tiffany to get excited with (Hi, Tiffany).

I woke up this morning at 9am and was beside myself. I prayed it would be disgusting outside so I could justify not kicking it to Signal Hill, Quidi Vidi or the gym. I rolled around in bed and read my book until 11 though it looked lovely out. Regardless of the weather, I knew I couldn't be physically active with the fear of risking an injury or simply making my muscles ache before the run tomorrow.

I wasn't out of bed for 5-minutes when I could feel the anxiety roll over my body. I generally wake up on my days off and am 'go-go-go'. I needed to relax today but had such a hard time doing so. I jumped in the shower and pretty much kept talking to myself .. telling myself I had nothing to worry about. To just my errands and relax so that I could thank myself tomorrow. After I showered I decided to grab my classic Saturday/everyday Ice Americano and head to Costco for some groceries. I figured I'd be lazy tomorrow so why not get it over with today (grocery list to follow - a little different than last weeks). After Costco, I met Val for some Boston Pizza. I had a beer to calm my nerves and then we just chatted and ate. The rest of my day consisted of: Home, Future Shop, Mama-Bears, Home, Starbucks, Bulk Barn, Boston Pizza (don't give me the look..), Home and then Starbucks (where I am currently sitting).

To be quite honest, I have no idea why I'm writing this post. I think I needed to vent about my nerves. It's a feeling I have NOT got in such a long time. I was so excited these past few months and then BOOM, I started getting continuously anxious. I honestly believe had I not have gotten strep throat (twice - guess it never really left), that I wouldn't feel the way I feel tonight. My training was going  well and then as soon as I got hit with the flu, it all went down hill. Starting to jog after taking a few days off had been like starting from scratch. I know, I know, I'm being a drama mama but I just can't help it. I've been being dramatic all day. I was short with my mother earlier, I was snappy via text earlier with a "Goodbye" when a friend was just trying to send some moral support, yet I still can't shake the feeling.

Anyhow, I'm gonna shut up now because I'm rambling and it's almost 10 and I still have to update my iPod.

Lastly, I'll leave you with my pre-Tely eats for the day

umm hmm

Boston Pizza Steak Salad 

Peanut Butter Pure Protein Bar 

Banana

Venti Black Pike Coffee

1/3 of a BP Fettuccine Alfredo (I got sick off this)

Venti Ice Black Tea 
And that was what I consumed today. The pasta is a MAJOR MAJOR regret. I've been living a low wheat lifestyle these past few months but I was at a loss when I trie figuring out what to fuel up on. I ordered this as take-out and came home feeling very hesitant before I threw my fork in. Ya, I should have went with my gut. I got ill. And that was the end.

Now, I am closing my computer and heading home to sleep my nerves off and wake with excitement and run a great run! I'm gonna do everything in my power to stay positive and stop stressing about my time.

Good night, friends!

Good luck to all the Tely participants out there! You've we've got this! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment