Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Try Something New Tuesday - Apple Chips

Howdy, blogaroos! How goes the Tuesday evening? Good? Me too. I'm a little tired as I was up until after 1 last night which ended in less than 4-hours of sleep. Not cool, Victoria. I had Metabolic Meltdown from 6-7-pm and my heart was just otg after that.

Hate restless nights.

Anyhow, Just stopping in to say hello and share a few things.



Day 3 back at the gym

Yup, I went to the gym yesterday, even though I knew that I had Metabolic Meltdown after supper. I ran a firm 3-miles and then walked 1-mile on a 5.0 incline. *shaking my hips and pretending I'm being sexy*

So ya, that's like 12 miles (or something like that) in 3 days. Win win!


Try something new .. Monday?

After the gym, I was soo hungry!

I had a banana, 2 coffee and 2 banana protein cookies throughout the morning but it definitely wasn't enough for a good fueling!



When I started to head home, I reached into my gym bag to find my water bottle and pulled out a simply bar! Score! I tried the caramel one last week (heart) but had never tried the chocolate. Yum!!




The rest of my night went as follows:
  • post-run spaghetti squash
  • shower
  • nap
  • pre-metabolic meltdown spaghetti squash w. mixed nuts
  • metabolic meltdown
  • Starbucks
  • home
  • shower (again)
  • apple + protein bar
  • reading
  • bed
  • restlessly laying there
  • dying to pass out
  • texting
  • Facebook creep
  • phone call
  • creaming my limbs?  (dry skin with this cold weather)
  • sleep
  • wake
  • work
..exciting life I live hey?

Breakfast

Today I started my morning with a protein pancake using Isoflex .. not impressed .. didn't find the powder in 'pancake form' had much of a taste. Perhaps I just used too many egg whites?



Either way, slab anything with peanut butter and you're good to glow ;)


Lunch

Lunch today was a container of spaghetti squash (obsessed) with sriracha sauce + a smoothie (1-C mixed berries, 1 Scoop of protein powder, 2-C of almond breeze - 265-calories)



And for desert you ask?


CRISPY APPLE CHIPS ! :)


I definitely haven't been up to date with my 'Try Something New' posts. Gezz.. I don't think I ever stay up to date with anything I plan on making a new 'blog must'. I know, I know .. I'm a blog poser. I just can't keep up .. but I'll continue to babble on and on about pointless topics that revolve around the little life of me and hope you keep reading :) ..please keep reading? You're my favourites haha

So, wanna know what I saved for my 'Try Something New' post?

Martin's Crispy Apple Chips




Whoa! It was hard to hold out until Tuesday on these apples! Samantha cracked the bag on Sunday evening (little taste tester, wa?) and I patiently waited until Tuesday so I had a little blogaroo for ya!

Ingredients? APPLES! 40-calories/7 chips.

These = Grrrreat!

They are O so tastey and made with dehydrated apples. Only apples. So sweet and so hard to just eat 'one serving'. Ugh. Story of my life though.

They sell for $2.99 and they're so worth it! (I feel like I use the word 'so' a lot)..

I bought them at the Natural Food Shop on Sunday and I think I will be revisiting for some more taste testing!

Anyhow .. I skipped the gym tonight because 1. I can not move and 2. I'm just exhausted .. meaning that now I must rest. And by rest I mean dream. And by dream I mean a bikini on the beach with tan skin, long hair and me dancing around like the alarm won't buzz after. Lifeeeee

Night, friendlies!

Ps. Stay tuned .. guest blogger post coming sooner than later ;)

Question
1. What's something new you've tried lately?
2. Have you ever shopped at the Natural Health Shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment