Sunday, February 9, 2014

Last Week's Workouts - February Week #1

Good afternoon and happy-happy-happy Sunday!

What a weekend I've had! Today brought one of those 'ah ha' moments. "Let's get your lazy ass out of bed and start/finish your day with 110% productivity!"And guess what? That's exactly what I did (more to come in a weekend summary)

I apologize for the blogging hiatus .. Not only have I had a semi-busy weekend, when I did have free time, I found myself looking for an excuse to nap / just be 'lazy'. I've been so un-energized these past few weeks and my body has been super blah. Also, I felt like I didn't really have anything worth blogging about.

O life!

Anyways, here goes last week's workouts.

Sunday - Off 

I skipped the gym on Sunday on account of the snow. I actually had energy to workout but it took me over an hour and a half to get back into town from work ( I even left work early cause I heard that the weather conditions weren't the greatest).

Monday - Metabolic Meltdown

Monday was my first Metabolic Meltdown class, and man, it was awesome! We did 6 workouts that were split in 6-minute intervals.

We started the class with a warm-up consisting of jumping jacks, football place runs, high knee jumps and push-ups (funny what a sweat you can work up in the 'warm up' portion of class)

For the remainder of the class, we did:


  • behind the head tricep dips + overhead squats
  • sled push & pulls
  • shoulder press + knee ankle grabs
  • seated rows + weighted lunges 
  • mountain climbers + deadlifts 


andddd there was something else but I'm drawing a blank.

Anyways, MM = fantastic class! I am SO glad that Heather told me about this. She did it last month and she's already getting compliments on the change in her body (hot mama, S!) ;)

Tuesday Night - Off

Wednesday - Metabolic Meltdown Night #2 

The warm-up was the same as Monday night (again, small sweat worked up).


  • ball throws + weighted squats 
  • box jumps
  • in and out intervals on a box-band that extended across the studio
  • TRX bands + chest press (using a flat barbell weight)
  • shoulder press + dumbbell squats 
  • sled push & pulls


Thursday - Off 
I actually had all intentions in hitting the gym on Thursday night, but I was at the funeral home and didn't get out until 9:14-pm and the gym closed at 10.

Friday - Off
Again, all intentions (ya, ya .. sure sure) but Friday ended in beers from 12-4-pm .. then Boston Pizza and more beers until supper time. This ended in Victoria passing out, waking up, eating and watching episodes of Heart of Dixie with Samantha.

Saturday - Gym
I woke Saturday feeling like garbage! After a 10-am get-up,  I decided to get in 'fit' mode by catching up on some healthy living blogs (125, georgiatryingsomethingnew, lizziefit, CNC) and eating some fruit + a water/coffee.





1/2C of strawberries, blackberries, cantelope & pineapple


I soon headed to town, did a few errands and then headed to GoodLife. I actually ended up having a pretty low-key workout that I'm referring to as the 5 and 1!

1-minute - walk on 4.0mph
5-minutes - jog on 5.0mph

1-minute - walk on 4.0mph
5-minutes - jog on 5.5mph


1-minute - walk on 4.0mph
5-minutes - jog on 6.0mph


1-minute - walk on 4.0mph
5-minutes - run on 6.5mph

1-minute - walk on 4.0mph
5-minutes - jog on 6.0mph

1-minute - walk on 4.0mph
5-minutes - jog on 5.5mph

1-minute - walk on 4.0mph
5-minutes - jog on 5.0mph
1-minute - walk on 4.0mph

It was pretty much was a 5-minute interval jog that increased in speed by 0.5mph intervals up to 6.5 mph .. then working my way back down.

Cool down
1-minute - 6.5mph
1-minute - 6.0mph
1-minute - 5.5mph
1-minute - 5.0mph
1-minute - 4.0mph

Finishing at a total of 4.27-miles in 48:00.



After my little treadmill trot, I wasn't feeling the 4.27 (odd number to finish at, hey?)
So I hopped back on and did a 15-minute incline walk at:

5-minutes - 4.0mph, incline of 5
5-minutes - 4.0mph, incline of 10
5-minutes - 4.0mph, incline of 15



wow .. it actually looks like I have a 'chest' in this picture!! (sorry, don't
like to use the bo*b word..)


I finished at a total of 5.27-miles, which is also odd to me .. buuuut I had plans to meet Val and Shaneen for a weekend catch-up at Boston Pizza (yup, twice in 24-hours) so I did that instead. Boston Pizza > gym.

I must say, I felt pretty good post-workout so I ordered something 'healthy' .. healthIER I should say from the BP menu. O, but the three of us also split a small order of cheese twist bread (because you have to when at BP)


7-oz steak with vegetables and a garden salad w. raspberry vinaigrette.
410-calories, 280g of sodium. I can live with that!


Mom was having people in for her birthday so after Boston Pizza, I headed home to get ready nap.

Hope everyone else had a more active week than I did! :)

Hoping to make this one a better one!

Questions
1. What do you usually order when you go to restaurants?
2. How active were you this past week?
3. What do you classify as a jog verses a run?



No comments:

Post a Comment