Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Secret Lover of V-Day!

source


"Will you be my Valentine?"

"Excellent. I knew you'd say yes!"

Yup! A card with those words written was what David woke up to yesterday morning :) Such a keeper I am .. my god!

I actually woke up with a HUGE smile on! I looked at him with a big stupid 4-am grin, and he said "Happy Valentine's" .. in the raspy, I-can't-talk, leave-me-the-hell-alone-I'm-tired voice! And I smiled, leaned over for a Victoria Special 1-million dollar cheek kiss and was on my way :)

So, leading up to V-day, I'm usually very "I don't care, it's a waste of money .. blah blah", but a few days prior to the 'holiday',  I get the flu. I guess I'd call it the 'love bug'? hahaha yes!

I'm not huge on gifts or anything, but I did buy David a little fealth bag and filled it with energy bars for his breaks at work! I know they're not the healthiest, but I thought it'd be a nice switch-up from the Lindor and Hersey's theme (though I did get 2 Hersey's marsh mellow treats cause I figured they'd be a little filler..and they were cheap).

The V-day Bag




Isn't it cute? Maybe it's just me .. but I was SO excited to leave this for him haha I placed it by his work clothes and then thought about it as I cruised along the highway sipping coffee and wishing that I had worn red. haha and yes, I need a life!

I left a cute little card that I bought. womp womp..

Buttttt, I also made him one for when I saw him in the night.


Like when we were kids and had these envelopes on our desks
<3

Onwards with the V-day talk .. since I've moved departments at work, I find myself always hoovering around the scaffolding boys. They're like my little family <3

As I was browsing the isles of Dominion, I decided that I'd pick them up a little somethin somethin to keep in the good books (and suck up hardcore, right?)




Aren't these cute? I even got them on sale! 50% off ;)

And I had to use every ounce of energy not to eat them all. O wait .. I ate them.

Note: 190-calories for ONE!

I then decided to make a little v-day bag for the boss' scaffolding wife (she's not actually a scaffolder .. we just email and Facebook about recipes and workouts and all that fun stuff).

She is also the reason I struggle with resisting treats! She used to constantly send in baked goods (on an occasion and off) and I actually told my boss that she is the BEST baker I have ever eaten treats from! Like super woman in the kitchen. This time, I decided to send her a little something!

(O, and when I delivered this yesterday, Scott had a big container of her Christmas cookies on the desk and tried to hand them off to me .. and I might of had one .. cause it's Valentine's and we're allowed to do that, right?)




Crazy-cakes.

Just to show a 'little' restraint .. I did skip on the muffins.




The Guilty Workout

After work, I felt super guilty from my consumption(s) throughout the day. Like .. VERY guilty .. Like put-your-hands-up-I'm-poking-your-dough-boy-belly-guilty..  so I headed to the gym to burn a few calories.




I did a 5-mile jog in an hour (5.0mph). Two of those minutes were at 4.0mph when I started with a minute walk and finished with a minute walk!

I was a sweaty beast when I finished and I felt amazing! I finished up my workout with some shoulder press, chest press and 50 mountain climbers.

Not even kidding, I passed on Bodyflow twice this week and skipped stretching. I feel so much worse than the two weeks I went consecutively. It's like I lose my flexibility and my muscles are just continuously aching!

After my workout, I received a little Valentine text that asked if Cupid's arrow had got me yet.

..so I decided to race out of the gym.

When I got home, my bedroom was filled with some presents from #1!



Yup, that's my blanket in the shape of a heart!

..don't be fooled though.. that wasn't the first time he did that haha




Beautiful flowers that I placed in a classy vase.




Like c'mon? Energy chews/ bar and a gift certificate to Sportscheck? Ha, you know me too well! :)




And raspberry iceberg wine that we had intended on drinking but were both too exhausted.

Such a keeper, right?

It was actually the best Valentine's Day, ever!

Thank you to whoever you are.. :)

....

After opening my presents, I realized I was starving and immediately opened the Power Bar. There was really no need since it has a substantial amount of carbs and sugar, but I was far too lazy to cook some protein-enriched post-jog meal!

yum!


Today

After feeling like a weighed-down ton, I decided that I had to eat super clean today. The cleaner you eat, the cleaner you feel!

The cleaner you feel, the better you feel!

The better you feel, the better your day will be!

..Or maybe it's just me.

Breakfast

I started out my morning with a cup of spaghetti squash (needed a vegetable today), a quarter of an avocado and some hot sauce.

I had immediately regretted not packing more in my lunch as this meal was delicious!



A few hours later, I had a nice black tea (Thanks, Sam), half a greek yogurt and some plain greek yogurt.





I ate really well today and I got a quick legs and shoulders workout in tonight (damn gym closes at 8) so ya .. I'm happy! Back to a routine. No more binges and no more eating bad, feeling like hell then repeating.

Anyhow, overall I had an AMAZING Valentine's day/night and it makes me all the more excited for next year :) (man! This post is certainly all over the place isn't it?)

I'll be planning next year in advance I'd say. On a side note, we really shouldn't need a set out day to express appreciation, gratitude and love towards another, should we? No. (although it's a great occasion to buy gifts)..

Regardless, my new goal is to make all my days as exciting as yesterday!

I have a lot of good side-kicks (carpool, co-workers,family,David) so I think it'll pretty easy to ensure that happens. Just gotta keep the right mindset!

Night Lovers!

Questions
1. Are you a lover or hater or the big V-day?
2. Did you do anything this year?
3. Are you planning on buying any of that 50% chocolate now that it's all said and done?

No comments:

Post a Comment