Saturday, June 22, 2013

Wedneday Onward (High & Low Week)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've had a pretty hectic week at work and have been busy and/or tired in the night times. I have some good updates coming this week and seeing how I'm going out tonight for Adam Wallace Trum's 25th Birthday Celebration, you be assured that there will be updates tomorrow! (I refuse to have another god blessed 4pm Sunday! Mark it down)
 
 
Wednesday, June 19th
So I took Wednesday night off of the gym. It wasn't by choice though. I left my keys at my desk at work (I was car-pooling) so when I left, I realized my little rental car would be spending the night in the Tim Horton's parking lot in Paradise (I was so overly dramatic about this at the time) haha
 
Anywho, Wednesday night ended up being a pretty good night afterall. It was went as follows:
 
Visits & Prep
Note: Anyone is welcome at my house if they will bring me a
starbucks. Day or night, rain or shine. Anyone. Any any anyone.
 
Shaneen came over (with Starbucks) for an hour and we sat and caught up. As we I told stories (holy rambling on I did) and made some Canada Day plans, I prepped and cooked for the rest of the week.

the one & only :)

Brussels sprouts, olive oil, chipotle seasoning, green onion,
green pepper, sea salt & a little pepper
Ahh, helloooooo - YUM!

Sweet Potato Wedges

'leftover food in my fridge' Stir Fry: yellow & green
peppers, broccoli, green onion, egg whites, olive oil, herb
& garlic seasoning, hot sauce
 



Salad A: spinach, avocado, strawberries, blueberries, grapes,
mushrooms, egg, baby tomatoes

Salad B: spinach, mushrooms, blueberries, baby tomatoes,
ground flax, avocado
 
Thursday, June 20th
 


s-o-a-k-i-n-g! Bam!

 *Note: I wasn't trying to be a wannabe duck poser in that perched-lip picture. I thought my lip felt swollen (I'm a mouth-chewer when I run sometimes ... ahh ..) and when I used the camera as my V-mirror, I accidentally took a picture. I thought it looked ridiculous so I posted it :)
*Note: Usually shadow pictures make your legs look long and lean. Ahh pictures taken mid-jog do NOT make your legs look long and lean
*Note: I was sweating so intensely that I felt guilty leaning back on the seat of my rental car (as I felt dirty). I'm pretty much summing myself up to be the hottest thing at Quidi Vidi that day. O lifeee <3

Happy 25th Birthday, Adam
 
We had reservations at Yellow Belly for a few birthday dranks!
 
get dat in yer guts while you're waiting for your friends
(classiest gal you know, right here!)

I had the Wexford Wheat. To be honest, I'm not really an Ale kinda girl. To my surpise, this beer wasn't too bad. Tasted a lot like Rickard's White. Generally the only thing I enjoy about a White is the orange that is wedged on the side of the pint glass. I definitely recommend this if you're a light beer drinker (Budlight til I die.. probably not though..)


The Birthday Boy & Laura :)

Jenessa with her Margarita Pizza
Myself with my fav <3 <3 

So ya, Thursday was a good day in the exercise/socializing department! :)
 
  
Friday, June 21st 
 
 
 
Saturday, June 22nd
 
Highlights of Today
  • wore Lulu and runners to work cause I knew it'd be an office day
  • had my lunch made for me [thank you :)]
  • completed inputting 1/3 of the required data for a project I was recently assigned
  • got to mark lines through my 'To Do' list on more tasks than I had expected
  • I'm off tomorrow
  • I'm getting drunk afterwork
  •  
 
Weekly Summary 
 
Exercising
I'm pretty content with the amount of exercise I did this week. I tried to be active each night after work [minus Wednesday (totally wasn't my fault - O wait, that's what happens when you're an idio* and don't check for your keys)].
 
I truly *enjoyed* running this week. Like, honestly! I felt like Quidi Vidi was the best outdoor run I did this season (7.6-km). I felt like my run with Mandy was one of my bests for the gym. I know it was only 4-miles but it was how I felt during the run that made it good for me. 

Eating
I'm very disappointed in my eating this week. Like, VERY! Like, kicking myself. Pissed off. Trying not to dwell but dwelling.

Sunday-Wednesday were great eating days but when Thursday came, it was as if I had stopped caring (cookies, a brownie here or there .. granola up to your eye-balls). Everything bad for you. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I said I was gonna have a paleo week..FAIL. I said I was gonna have a week of following myfitnesspal..FAIL. I said I was gonna have a caffeine free two days..FAIL.

SO.. here's what's next.. I am telling myself to stop being a drama-mama, get the F over it and ensure that the following week will be better! And it will be better. I'm going to make it better. And I AM going to follow MFP this week. And I'm NOT going to eat sh*t like cookies and brownies. And I'm going to care. And if I eat something terrible, I'm gonna post it on bloggy blog right away. 

I used to hate eating sweet foods because I would be constantly looking at my stomach and wondering if I gained weight (crazy, I know) right then and there. But these days it's not the stomach fat that bothers me. It's how it makes me feel. It disappoints me, it makes me feel stomach-sick (literally), it makes be feel like a healthy-eating poser! I mean, they say 'moderation' but moderation doesn't work for me. It has to be black and white (grey). I have to eat all the sweets in the world or eat none..and that's exactly what next week will bring! Promise!

Anyways, cheers to that! Cheers to a good week with healthy choices and active living :)

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY SATURDAY, FRIENDS! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment