Thursday, June 6, 2013

Goodbye Spring, Hello Summer

May in Review

Overall, May was a solid month. There were many ups and downs, smiles and tears, active days, lazy days, healthy days, treat yourself days, drink-until-you-can't-remember-anything days and  so much more. It was the month I turned 25. It was the month of my favourite weekend (May-24) and most importantly it was the month where a dear friend and co-worker lost his life. May seemed to be going all up hill until Saturday, May 25th. (A post completely dedicated to this individual is in the near future).

Anyway .. here goes May

Birthday Times
 
My 25th birthday was Friday, May 17th. This was my long weekend off of work so I decided to make it extra long and take the Thursday prior to that. I guess I kinda got to celebrate my birthday for two days. It was more than I could ask for. It was close to perfect :) The events went as follows:
 
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
I took Thursdayoff with a great friend from work and we decided it would be an East Coast Trail kinda day. Sadly, the weather was not permitting and it poured all day. Wahn wahn wahnnn..
Anyhow, that didn't stop us from making the most of this happy Thursday and from there we went. The days activities went as follows:
  • 8:00am wake-up (He slept in til 9) tisk tisk
  • Starbucks for me
  • Tim Hortons for him
  • Driving, chatting and sipping
  • Parking on Signal Hill and contemplating what could be done with the weather being so ugly
  • Strolling around downtown with no destination. We ended up having the Rocket for lunch (Upper right hand corner) - An absolute new favourite :)
  • Venturing to some downtown shops for a gawk - We both bought running shirts (The Outfitters), a Burton rain jacket for myself (Ballistic)
  • Parking on Southside Road and relaxing while overlooking the harbour
  • Venturing to Red Cliff to do some hiking as the sun started to shine
  • Venturing home for a nap (me, anyways)
  • Being surprised by a lovely birthday cake and sparklers and gifts  
  • Dressing up to go out for supper and drinks
  • Deciding we're too lazy to go out for supper and drinks
  • Turning the truck around and making it a couch/beer/joggers/lazy kinda night :)
  • Happy F*cking Thursday!!
Friday, May 17th, 2013
  • Happy Birthday to me day
  • Early wake - bank appointment
  • Signal Hill 'walk'
  • Visit to my mom
  • Lunch at Montana's with Shaneen :) (Bottom left hand corner)
  • Gym - running kinda day
  • Octagon Pond - light jog kinda day
  • Home to nap kinda day
  • Supper with the fam and Allan! It was absolutely delish! (Bottom right hand corner)
  • Down to Jonathan's house for a beer-pong-drink-too-much-kinda-drunk!
  • <3
 
May 24th Weekend
 
Night 1 - Drinking a ton at Jonathan's shed, playing beer pong undefeatedly, eating so many onion rings that I threw my life up and waking up and scarfing down a McDonald's smoothie because my body was a wreck.
 
Night 2 - Post-nap, booting it to Jonathan's house to do it all again. Add washers in the shed and subtract onion rings from the mix (never-again-in-my-life)
 
Night 3 - Allan had the crowd over for Indian food. We ate, drank and a few of us ventured to what seemed like a high school party up Indian Meal Line. We were pretty much grandparents there ... But .. Shaneen and I stayed until after 3 (cause we're cool), jogged home in rubbers, cracked a few beer and went in the hot tub
 
*Note: While at this 'young persons gathering', I heard a young girl say "I feel so fucking old"......... she was wearing a 'Class of 2012' hoodie
 
**Note: I graduated in co2006ugh
 
May 24th weekend was a success! :)
  
May Exercising  
 
I felt that with regards to exercising,  I worked my ass off during May. We had great weather for Signal Hill, outdoor jogging and random hiking.
 
My exercising was as follows:
  • Topsail Beach Trail - 1 time
  • Octagon Pond - 9 times
  • Quidi Vidi - 6 times
  • Signal Hill - 5 times
  • Gym - 8 times
  • Pouch Cove Running - 3 times
  • Shakti Yoga - 2 times
It might not seem like a lot to some, but I'm sooo ok with what I did!
 
 
Last week of May
 
The last week of May was a rough one. I arrived to work on the 25th to find out a friend had passed away in a tragic car accident the night before. It was absolutely devastating. His name was Damian. A 19-year old free-spirited limitless kinda guy! After that day, work seemed to go downhill for everyone. Everything kinda seemed to go down hill for everyone. It was surreal. It still is. I don't even know where to start with the post that will soon be written for that boy <3  
 
All in all, aside from the ending, May was a great good month. It was. I'm now hoping that June will be a month of accomplishments and hope to hit some pre-summer goals!
 
 
What was the highlight of your month?
 
Do you have any goals for June? For summer?

1 comment:

  1. Such a good idea to do a month review!! Definitely gonna keep this in mind for June (which is my birthday month)! Hehe
    Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete