Monday, June 10, 2013

Preparing for the week

This is my short week at work so I only had to prepare for 4 days of meals (Hooray for my schedule!)
 
I went out on Saturday and slept my whole day away (ahh hello 4:00pm wake-up .. stop judging)..
Anyhow, I had big plans to make the most of day so I got out of bed and planned how I would go about completing my the June goals. (Last weeks post)  I then headed to the gym where I did a 4 mile 'walk' (seeing how I was still h-u-n-g-o-v-e-r) and 36 minutes of circuits (Done in 3 sets of 5 exercises). After the gym I headed for some groceries. I had a lot of produce and poultry left from last week so I didn't need to buy much, just a little fruit. After groceries I got some Starbucks for myself and Second Cup for mama-bear and headed to her house for some supper (pork roast with spiced vegetables - 'twas amazing) <-- Thanks, Trudy :) and as I ate and sipped, mom cut 2-lbs of strawberries for me. God love her! Shortly after, I headed home to do laundry, shower, wash dishes, clean the kitchen and begin with my food prep. It took me a few hours but now I'm good to go !!!
 
My healthy week begins...
 
Game Plan
I posted last week about my 25 'to dos' for June and  decided to make a game plan on how to attack for each. Giving everything a date was probably a little over-ambitious but it's worth a try! (Dates are subject to change)
 
 Groceries
Bought some produce for snacking on through the week. I also picked up some Sunbutter seeing how I am 100% obsessed with this and eat a tub a week. I think I'd choose Sunbutter over any piece of junk food.
 


Pre-Cut Fruit 
Fruit Salad - strawberries, blueberries, orange, kiwi,
 pineapple, peach
Prepared a giant fruit salad and portioned it into contatiners for lunches this week. I love love love having a fruit salad at my disposal! I find it the most refreshing snack to have on hand.

Salad Mixture
2-lbs of strawberries (2.99, Dominion)
2 pints of blueberries (1.66, Dominion)
1 orange (0.69, Irving)
2 peaches (1.38, Dominion)
1 kiwi (0.69, Dominion)
1/3 a pineapple (2.99/pineapple, Costco)

Perk: Cheapest fruit salad, everrrr! I'll get a good few days out of this and it was way cheaper than if I had bought a pre-cut fruit salad.


Snacks
Eggs & Vegetables
I boil eggs and cut up vegetables each Sunday before the start of my work week. I boiled 6 eggs so I have them on hand when I want a snack or with breakfast and I cut some peppers and broccoli to eat with my hummus.
 
 
Whey Protein Cakes
4 Ingredients, 3-minute prep - egg whites, whey protein
powder, baking powder, ground flax
 I love love love little protein cakes. I always container/baggy a few days worth of whey protein cake mix so I can have at my desk. With the powders combined, all I have to do is add the egg whites and throw it in the microwave. I find this good for breakfast or as a snack (If I've had a very small lunch). Some toppings are almond butter, honey, sunbutter, greek yogurt, fruit etc. 
 
 
Herb & Garlic Brussel Sprouts
 
I posted the recipe for herb & garlic brussel sprouts back in May because it is absolutely delicious! I shaved a LARGE bowl of brussel sprouts last night and cooked two servings. I could seriously eat this every day so I containered the sprouts to use later this week. Taking the time to shave the sprouts is the most time consuming. Now that I have a container full, it'll take me a good 5 minutes to whip up a batch before work.


Boiled Chicken Breast
Costco Chicken Breast
I boiled two chicken breasts that I plan to eat as-is or to top on a salad.
 
 
Vegetable Bean Mix
Vegetable Salad - brussels sprouts, green/red/yellow
peppers, green onion, broccoli, cucumber, navy beans,
black beans
 I kind of made this on the fly last night but it actually turned out awesome! I mixed a bunch of vegetables together, added some beans and voila! I plan to mush some avacado on top and get as a little salad! I made a cassarole dish full so I'll probably take a little every day and perhaps add olive oil one day or perhaps use this as a salad topper?! We'll see :)  
 
 
Very Unhealthy Banana Bread
banana bread with sliced almonds, pecans
& hersey chocolate swirl bits
 I decided to make the foreman and general foreman at work a couple of loaves of chocolate-pecan banana bread. As I was on my Martha baking kick and had a lot of things going at once, I realized how I had forgotten to add the oil (worst!) .. so I took the bread out of the oven (it had been in approx. 7-minutes) and I added it into the mix. I never tasted it so we shall see what the boys say :)


No Excuses
After I had cooked/packed some meals for the week, the laundry had just finished. I had washed EVERY running shirt/sports bra/pair of spanz/shorts that I use. I got a bundle of it together, folded it, put it all in the gym bag and lay my gym bag directly by my car keys! No excuses this week!

So ya, I may have slept for a lot of the day but I'm feeling ambitious about this week. I plan to have a heavy fitness week and try to eat clean. I wanna write another WIAW post because I found that really kept me in line that day. No bad treats! I'm working on marking off items on my list for June so that means I HAVE to stay focussed from now until the months end .. and hopefully it continues! O lifeee <3


By the way ... yesterday marks the 7-week countdown until the tely 10! Pressures on, boy!


How do you prepare for a good week? Any good recipes? Tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment