Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Random Weekly Rant 2.0

So sometimes I just have so much on my mind and so much I'm itching to share with you guys. I posted a Random Weekly Rant 1.0 and added the number in the post title because I enjoyed writing it so much and  figured I could do a 2.0 if the timing was right. Yup, today is one of today was one of those days!

and .. go
  • My sister gave me a leather belt for Christmas. The belt has 5 holes. I was wearing it in the 1st notch (tub-chub) at Christmas. Today, I wear it on the 4th (high-five). 1 more notch to go!
  • I got a "WHERE ARE YOU" text from papa-bear at work the other day. I then got a "Emergency", followed by a phone call and a "come to Karla's office right away! It's important". Know the emergency?

..........PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES FOR KARLA & MEEE (Karla & I .. but Karla & meeee sounds fun)
  • Speaking of Karla, Karla and I are venturing to Fogo tomorrow
    • Fogo Plans are as follows:
      • 2-night stay at Foley's Bed and Breakfast
        • does that mean I can mark #22 on this post?
      • coffee at a cute cafe
      • supper at Nicole's
      • go to an art gallery (or 2)
      • walk to Brimstone Head (one of four corners of the earth)
      • drive around through all of the little towns
      • visit the Osmond Fam!
      • blog
      • relax & read my new book(s) 
      • go for a 'Fogo Island Run' 
      • take lots of pictures and just explore

  • When I'm finished training, I've decided that I am going to sit and eat a bag of trail mix and a bag of dried mangos in one sitting. I might also eat a tub of vanilla greek yogurt (though putting a halt on dairy has served me well) and I'm drinking 2-3 club sodas (back-to-back). When my stomach settles, I'm going to Starbucks and getting a fruit & oat cookie and/or a pumpkin spice cookie (do they have those?) and a venti pumpkin spice latte. o-m-f-g
  • I bought that elliptical and have yet to use it / assemble it .. oops?
  • My new addiction is Honey Lemon Tea

  • Speaking of tea, a foreman at my work said that he recently made a new mixture at Tim Horton's. White Hot Chocolate + Apple Cinnamon Tea. Thoughts?
  • I recently realized that sweet potato bloats my body and therefore I have shun sweet potato
  • 8-weeks until the big stage walk at the NLABBA
  • A little birdy found some jewelery that had was playing hide-and-seek under my bed .. tisk tisk
Thank You

  • 1-month until I have to look at swim suits that have less material than a napkin
  • 3-months until Christmas eve
  • My new fave vegetable snack is broccoli slaw

could trick you into thinking it was hickory sticks

  • I always tell myself "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you". . . I started saying it out loud when I'm struggling on a hill sprint. It's such an accurate statement

Ps. that yoga move is 'The Crow'
I was working on that a few months a go

  • I was advised that I should start doing random tanning sessions in prep for the show. Tanning is so bad for you but I love how it makes me look/feel
  • I'm excited to buy new leggings at Lulu when I venture to Halifax in 3-weeks
  • Remember when bomber vests were the shi*?


I had a brown/pink American Eagle (I still have it), a red (wore
it so much that it developed holes), a black (same thing happened)
and a navy blue that looked similar to this one

[image source]

  • The Definitions scale said I lost 4-lbs on my weigh-in (skeptical over this one)
  • I'm seriously considering running the Turkey Tea 10km run. Tink er tink not?
  • I went on a Chapter's/Starbucks date tonight


Two very different books ..

Attempted drinking 1-milk in my coffee while day-dreaming about
pumpkin cream cheese muffins 

All mapled out for Fall / House reno gazing because I
really want my own place/ a new project

  • I really want to buy a piece of art. Karla and I spoke of buying art in Fogo and now it's playing on my mind
  • I really wanna go shopping but am saving my mulla mulla for Halifax
  • I really wanna master the monkey bars
  • This is the look that I'm going for *8-weeks, 8-weeks*

Kayla Nugent of Kayla Nugent Fitness. This is the beauty who is
working with Courtney and I in preparation for our big day in November.
She too, will be competing in the 2013 NLABBA. This photo was taken
on the day of the show at the 2012 NLABBA competition. Kayla
competed last year and walked away with a 4th place medal :)

  • And runs like these are how I plan on getting there

9:31 pace, yes. . . but hills galore! Though it was only a mile and
a half, I've never felt so leg-strong in my life! I can honestly say
that September 10th marks the day of my best run of 2013!

  • I got new glasses last weekend
  • I might wear red lipstick one night when we go out in Halifax! I love red lipstick but I'm a classic 'lipstick-on-teeth' kinda girl. Not attractive
  • This is ridiculous of me to post but I came across a '9 things we should do together' list that myself and a guy I was seeing a while back put together. As expected, I rolled my eyes at myself, said "classic Vic" and then glanced back and said "maybe though.."
    1. Make a list of 10 things we like about each other
    2. Have a fire
    3. Play Yahtzee
    4. Eat in a restaurant that neither of us have eaten before
    5. Make each other a card
    6. Build a fort
    7. Do a 500-pc puzzle
    8. Pick out clothes for the other to wear the next day
    9. Make chocolate covered strawberries
  • My thoughts on the above
    1. I should have someone make a list of 20 things they like about me (cause I'm that likable lovable)
    2. Pff, I've had lots of fires .. I must have been in a camping mood when I wrote that
    3. i.love.yahtzee.times.ten! Now I have an urge to go buy the game (seriously, it's like $7.99 at Walmart)
    4. I'm always game for eating so of course I had this on thee list
    5. Adam (dun dun dunn) used to make cards for me on different occasions. I absolutely fell in love with receiving them
    6. Cause you're never too old and they're so much fun!
    7. I don't have patients for a puzzle .. maybe a 50-pc ..
    8. Love-love-love dressing boys! Le sigh <3 .. No one will be dressing ME in the near future though
    9. I love strawberries and I love chocolate. Bing. Bam. Boom. Voilaaa! (strawberries + chocolate = delicious. Nothing sexual was ever intended for #9 FYI)

  • Someone used my granola recipe and labelled it as Victoria's Granola <3 Next stop .. my own cooking show. I'm thinking I'll call it "Valuable Voods (like foods with a V) w. Victoria"

  • I have a new love for working out in the mancave at Goodlife on Torbay Road. There's something about working out around guys that drives me to work harder. Sad, I know
  • I'm going to do a DIY for fridge magnets soon
  • 2 salad dressings you MUST try


  • done.

Happy Wednesday everyone (post was written on a Tuesday if you notice about post-dated references)

No comments:

Post a Comment