Thursday, May 23, 2013

WIAW (What I ate Wednesday)

So I decided to write my first "What I ate Wednesday" post! Funnn. I created this blog as a guide to healthy eating and living but I'll be posting lots of other random facts, pictures, plans etc. I figured if I took pictures of my major meals and factored in what I snack on (More than likely I won't be posting those as I'm sure you all know what a hard-boiled egg looks like..but we'll see) that I could really get my head around how many calories I actually consume in a day.
 
Primarily, I decided I wanted to try a 1200 cal/day diet. Honestly, this doesn't work for me. I know, I know ... "you just like to eat"... and you're right (ugh). BUT, I'm trying to drop a fair amount of weight for running the Tely 10 this year. With nightly jogs and a scattered cross-training session, I find myself always hungry. I'm not trying to make excuses. Truly. But waking up at 4:15am, getting home after 7 and then working out? Well ya can imagine I'd be a little 'peckish' (haha).
 
Anywho, my plan is to track my eating using myfitnesspal, document all my workouts and then do a weekly progress report/blog update.
 
 Wish me luck ;)

Breakfast
4-Natura Egg Whites (100-cal), 1 Large Egg (70-cal) & 1/2 a tbsp of Olive Oil (60-cal)


Lunch
Costco Pork-loin & 1 Hard-boiled Egg


Supper 
Baby tomatoes, cauliflour, green & red peppers, red onion with
balsamic vinegarette and olive oil

 
Snacks
Fruit Salad - 1/2 barlett pear, 1/2 granny smith apple, 1/2  kiwi
 and 1/2 orange




Unlisted Snacks:
Banana (Eaten at 4:30am so I didn't consider this breakfast)
Banana (Pre-run around 8pm)
Hard-boiled egg (Post-gym at 10pm)
Dark Mocha Almond Kashi bar (When I woke at 1am..starving)


So there it is. All 1503 calories for Wednesday, May 22nd. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment