Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Buying in Bulk

I think I've fallen in love with the Bulk Barn. I've been there so many times but have always grabbed 1-2 things on the fly. This Saturday I took a stop at the bulk barn primarily for baking goods.. but ended up buying a whole lot more. I've recently become a little Sally Homemaker (haha?) and decided to see what types of additives I could find for my baking adventures!
Let-me-tell-you! Bulk Barn has EVERYTHING! From trailmix to chips to chocolate to cereal to dog food? Yes, it's wild.
 

See below for a list of my purchases (Top row to bottom row, going left to right)

1. Dates (For making sunbutter stuffed dates)
2. Dried Cranberries (For making homemade granola for the boys at work)
3. Banana Chips (Because they're deadly!!)
4. Pistachios (Work Snack)
5. Almonds (Work Snack)
6. Crushed Pecans (For adding to banana bread for the boys at work)
7. Cocoa Chips (For adding to banana bread for the boys at work)
8. Chocolate Sprinkle Candy (For people at work)
9. Unsweetened crushed coconut (For making 'Paleo Morning Glory Muffins' .. post to come)
10. Unsalted Cashews (Cause I'm addicted)
11. Licorice Candy (For mama for Mother's Day. They're her favourite)

2 comments:

  1. I recently bought bulk dog treats at bulk barn that had flies and larvae in it. I was told at the store that many of their stores are having the same problem. I have since discovered there is a problem with more than just dog treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless to say, I have fallen out of love with Bulk Barn and any other type of bulk.

    ReplyDelete